PBP UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega - Main Card PBP Discussion - 10pm ET/7pm PT/3am UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying the fight shouldn't' have been stopped, but his eye wasn't totally closed either. Even the announcer realized that when they went to a closeup and he was able to open his eye to some extent. Basically, I don't think the fight would have been stopped due to that alone. But Ortega was taking such a beating, better for his health and career that that fight was stopped.
Round 4, Max came out in matrix mode

You laugh, but you'll be shaking in your boots if that fight day ever comes.....
Remember last time they met....it wasn't close...if it was close you'd have a point.
Last time they met? You mean, when Holloway was like 21 years old? He's like 27 now and destroying everyone.

We'll avatar bet if the fight happens

Conor will do fucking nothing. Tire out and tap out.

And lol at Rogaine being the usual wagon hopper.

Max have a LEGIT chance to the best FW EVER and beat Aldos record but as it is Aldo still has it.

Blessed as it right now the only enemy he has at FW is the WC.

If is too risky IMHO he have an authentic chamce to get a tittle match at LW and make it competitive.
It's pretty much MMAth at this point sadly. But Max dominated Aldo twice, and Max's has had quite a streak since losing to Conor too. IMO Max may not have had the length of a legacy as Jose's, but his resume while being shorter is no less impressive. Hard to really say if he's the GOAT of 145lbs at this time, probably can be made a case for both sides of the argument though. Either way if he keeps winning at 145 then there's no doubt he'll overtake Aldo's legacy as the GOAT of FW.

Ortega might be losing, but hes also proving me wrong again. I thought by the third he'd have been destroyed
he might never recover though.

that was on par with what Cain did to JDS. Long extended beatings are way worse.

Max has improved leaps and bounds. Your faith in McG, although understandable, is over the top. If Diaz could wreck Conor, this version of Max finished Conor.

diaz didn't wreck a prepared Mac at all....And lol...MAx wouldn't even beat Diaz.

Man, its that cardio. The accuracy. The cardio. Max is unreal.

Fuckin Ortega though, dude has incredible heart.

His ability to get back up from take downs is pretty damn good too. Ortega could not control him at all.

You laugh, but you'll be shaking in your boots if that fight day ever comes.....
Remember last time they met....it wasn't close...if it was close you'd have a point.
Remember that a foot broke in the first round?
Remember who?

If Ortega can land and hurt Holloway, Conor can still surgically take him out. It's just a bad match up, a southpaw like Conor is always trouble, crap cardio or not.

He wanted to end the fight but didn't want people to say the Gracie Academy threw in the towel which is why he had Brian converse with the doctor knowing the doctor would stop it.

Or you know, he was genuinely concerned about Ortega.

Wow... that could've been fight of the year. Maybe I'm a bit star struck & tipsy atm... but I'm blown away!!!

Anyone listening to Woodley on the post fight now? He's spot on. P4P one of the smartest fighters in the game today

Are you willing to bet on that, if it happens? I'm giving Holloway a 20% chance to beat Mac, literally.

I give him 70% chance.. I will give McNugget 5% chance to agree to fight at 145 again. Max will outpace the fuck out of Conor, but the 3rd round he'd be sucking wind.

Last time they met? You mean, when Holloway was like 21 years old? He's like 27 now and destroying everyone.

We'll avatar bet if the fight happens

Conor will do fucking nothing. Tire out and tap out.

I will go further...I'll stop posting for a month plus Av bet.

You still don't get my point. When Conor had one knee out for half the fight he still completely....untouchable by Max. So today ask yourself is Max even better than THAT Conor?

Reread your own post. You're basically making my point for me. ;)
Yeah ik what you mean, but Jiu Jitsu isn't mainly focused on wrestling. The Gracies are not these high level calibre wrestlers, that's not what they're known for
Like most schools we start on our knees. Maybe he should seek a wrestling coach if he wanted to improve that aspect

Or you know, he was genuinely concerned about Ortega.

If that was the case, Rener would have called off the fight himself and thrown in the towel, he didn't. He used the doctor knowing full well it would be stopped.

It's pretty much MMAth at this point sadly. But Max dominated Aldo twice, and Max's has had quite a streak since losing to Conor too. IMO Max may not have had the length of a legacy as Jose's, but his resume while being shorter is no less impressive. Hard to really say if he's the GOAT of 145lbs at this time, probably can be made a case for both sides of the argument though. Either way if he keeps winning at 145 then there's no doubt he'll overtake Aldo's legacy as the GOAT of FW.
I have no problem at all if it happens.
I honestly think Max IS THAT good.

I give him 70% chance.. I will give McNugget 5% chance to agree to fight at 145 again. Max will outpace the fuck out of Conor, but the 3rd round he'd be sucking wind.

LMAO! Ortega's wild arm swing made Max back the fuck up.

Conor's strikes will go forward, upper cuts...(max is vulnerable to uppercuts). Conor will not be the one moving back...it will be Max who backs up the entire fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back