UFC 225 - Whittaker vs Romero 2 - Chicago

If Charmaine Tweet can have some success circling and throwing a jab at Anderson than she's gonna get ish'd to a decision. Betting Anderson is basically counting on a tko. Holly isn't very easy to cut off in the cage and Anderson isn't really good at cutting off the cage. When she does she doesn't throw volume, allowing for escapes and the way she just stands there in kicking range should give pause given Holly's question mark kick she killed Bethe (Yes i know it's Bethe tho lol) and rocked GDR with. Also, always remember the Dandois fight even if it was 3+ years ago. Holm Dec, a sprinkling of ITD and maybe Anderson NSC are gonna be the plays for me here.

Holly's chin is something to consider too. She ate shots from Cyborg that crumble other chicks and she was never in trouble or even hurt.

at what point does Colby realize he's nothing but cringe

at what point does Colby realize he's nothing but cringe

I actually think Colby knows it. He's one of the rare guys who legit don't care. He wants to be cringey, have people think he's an asshole, whatever. If he gets attention, he feels he's won. He trolls people nonstop on Twitter but won't actually acknowlege the people who like him or side with him. He only wants negative feedback.

Spoiling the Avengers movie on Twitter and tagging the NFL draft so that a bunch of people who have no idea who he is will get baited into looking at it? Who does that shit? The guy likes being hated.

colby is a master of marketing himself in an sjw world that is easily offended. he's doing what he needs to in order to rake in the cash.

colby is a master of marketing himself in an sjw world that is easily offended. he's doing what he needs to in order to rake in the cash.
eh, idk about that. he's not charismatic or original at all. the guy doesn't even have 60k followers on instagram (compare to, for instance, Till who has over 300k followers)

eh, idk about that. he's not charismatic or original at all. the guy doesn't even have 60k followers on instagram (compare to, for instance, Till who has over 300k followers)
Instagram followers don't get you cash. A fight contract while you're holding onto an interim belt does. The man talked shit his way to a shot at the #3 guy in the world, in his hometown and got one judge to score a 30-26 for him. He's for sure not popular but he's making waves and getting opportunities and that gets you paid.

Edit* actually they do because of sponsorships lol. Bad point.

Yea colby got to a point where he's unambiguously trolling. It's not very subtle or clever but at least it's not serious

Instagram followers don't get you cash. A fight contract while you're holding onto an interim belt does. The man talked shit his way to a shot at the #3 guy in the world, in his hometown and got one judge to score a 30-26 for him. He's for sure not popular but he's making waves and getting opportunities and that gets you paid.

Edit* actually they do because of sponsorships lol. Bad point.
what's funny is my instagram hoe friend has literally 3x the following than Colby and she does nothing but post pics in a bikini and work out vids. and we're talking about a professional athlete who can be world champ within a week lol

what's funny is my instagram hoe friend has literally 3x the following than Colby and she does nothing but post pics in a bikini and work out vids. and we're talking about a professional athlete who can be world champ within a week lol
Lol theres plenty of those instagram accounts that have a million followers and are just a well sculpted woman showing off her ass. I'll still hand credit to Colby though. There's big talent all throughout the UFC but a lot of them don't make waves enough to earn title shots or pay per view points. He made it happen for himself regardless of how much you like his shtick or not. Most would agree not though.

That aside I thought there was tremendous value in his opener +150. Mostly gone now I think.

I know we haven’t seen him in a 5 rounder yet but I think his cardio will be fine. The only time he’s looked a bit gassed was round 3 against Maia. He threw well over 300 standing strikes in that fight, which is outside of his comfort zone. I think he can wrestle all day long.

yeah that first round was a blistering pace. i notice foreign fighters seem to tire faster in brazil anyway. i'm not sure whether the flight has an impact but i've also heard that the arenas can be very humid.

colby looked fine after 3 rounds against dong, in fact dong was the one gasping for air on the stool afterwards and he's used to that grinding style of fighting.

It's really, really hard to pass on Romero as an underdog, let alone at +200. In a sport that for the most part doesn't pay well enough to harvest the truly outstanding overall athletes, Yoel is a complete freak. In my opinion, he is the best overall athlete MMA has ever seen. Romero ML hedged with some props is probably where I'm going for this fight. Romero RD 3 prop is obviously a given as well.

Why would you sign Punk and not have him on the ppv portion, that would be really stupid, last card he was on sold 450k and it for sure wouldn't without him. Pettis and Benavidez are on the fightpass prelims because Dana hates the flyweight division. It's not Arlovski they're trying to get over on the main card, it's Tuivasa.

I think that was really overblown how many views he added to that card. overeem was a big draw and had been drawing 200-300k + iirc up to then, also werdum, miocic added some buys too. it's entirely possible punk only added like 100k ppv's which is less than mighty mouse draws lol. and it's not like his stock has improved since last time either so will very possibly draw much less.

By the way bet-at-home has had Tuivasa/Arlovski odds up for about a week, -200 Tuivasa +140 Arlovski

1.53 on betfair up until yesterday too, not sure if it's still there. had to hit that for max limit.

Bet the house on the GOAT

20160909035103_1DX_5320.JPG

ufc-225-696x696.jpg

Mick Jackson is leaving the United Center in an ambulance.

This one's for all the marbles!

It's not even working. He barely has more followers than he did

Got 3u down at -190, don't know if it opened even better. Would be pissed off if Arlovski exposed another young striker, got burned on that fraud Albini

Tai seems pretty lost on the ground and Arlovski did just land five takedowns against Struve...he leaves his chin in the air a lot too.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty confident on RDA. 70%+ for sure.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty confident on RDA. 70%+ for sure.
Alot of people are confident on RDA. I was listening to Firas Zahabis breakdown of the fight at the gym, and he seemed to think that RDA is a big big favourite. Said that Colby is in trouble even if he manages to get takedowns/initiate clinch. I agree with most of his points but think that he may, as a BJJ lover, overrate the value of being a high level (3rd degree?) black belt.

Colby might be cringy as hell but he sure is talented, i'm sure he takes RDA seriously and will win at least 4 rounds.

Alot of people are confident on RDA. I was listening to Firas Zahabis breakdown of the fight at the gym, and he seemed to think that RDA is a big big favourite. Said that Colby is in trouble even if he manages to get takedowns/initiate clinch. I agree with most of his points but think that he may, as a BJJ lover, overrate the value of being a high level (3rd degree?) black belt.

I see it differently. RDA will push the pace, and will fight always waiting for the takedown. He will stuff most ( if not all ) TD attempts...
I believe that he learned a lesson after Khabib, he was talking about that much before signing for Colby.

If it goes to the ground, I favor Colby, but the BJJ certainly can play a role here. With all things put together, I love near evens ML, RDA itd and RDA KO line.

Back