UFC 225 - Whittaker vs Romero 2 - Chicago

Got 3u down at -190, don't know if it opened even better. Would be pissed off if Arlovski exposed another young striker, got burned on that fraud Albini
I'm not convinced bam ban is going to be a world champion or anything but he has legit power and some good technique. Of course it's a huge step up in competition but AA's chin is LOL and point fighting a giant baby + a sky scraper who can't jab means fuck all. Worth a bit of juice imo.

A little but i think he walk want to stand and trade to try prove a point....

i absolutely do not think he will want to do this in any capacity.

my only worry is his cardio doesn't hold up and he gets stuck on the outside.

When has Colby ever tried to strike to prove a point? I doubt he will start doing it against the best striker he's faced who struggles with powerful wrestlers..

Colbys stand up isn't great. He's got alright kicks and a good right hook. I like the way he throws that right hook. He doesn't throw the left hand correctly and it puts him off balance. Probably because he has trained to throw that and then shoot rather than as a pure boxer style. I would be worried about him getting tied up in a guillotene the way Alves did it. He does look open to that and I think RDA will be looking for it. I guess he could also catch Colby on the way in. Colby will be bringing heat though, I see him being the one coming forward and making the fight. Either he gets the wrestlefuck UD or gets KO'd.

I don't think it will be easy because even Khabib had problems wrestlefucking RDA. It will require consistent take downs and Colby will be in the danger zone all the time on the outside and on his way in and when he's actually in - so all the time basically but I think he will win every round.

He stated in an interview with Luke Thomas this week that he “took a lot of pointers” from the Khabib fight vs RDA. I fully expect him to wrestle early and often here.

If he's able to have success for 3 rds with his wrestling it will drain RDA too. Maybe to the point that he won't have enough left to make Colby pay even if Colbys cardio doesn't hold up.

I know we haven’t seen him in a 5 rounder yet but I think his cardio will be fine. The only time he’s looked a bit gassed was round 3 against Maia. He threw well over 300 standing strikes in that fight, which is outside of his comfort zone. I think he can wrestle all day long.

I haven't watched full tape yet but if I'm RDA I'm working on uppercuts because of Colby's tendency to lean forward and being off balance when striking and knees. We know Colby will shoot takedowns after a basic striking combo, so a knee will give Colby something to think about when shooting in.

I haven't watched full tape yet but if I'm RDA I'm working on uppercuts because of Colby's tendency to lean forward and being off balance when striking and knees. We know Colby will shoot takedowns after a basic striking combo, so a knee will give Colby something to think about when shooting in.

I hear you, but man that is such an all or nothing tactic. You miss (or even just partially land it) and you are on your back for 5 minutes getting smothered. I guess it depends on how confident RDA is in potentially being able to sprawl at all.

Even though it's kind of predictable it looks hard to catch Colby like that. I'd focus on countering and angling off if I was RDA. Also really work on that guillotene on the way in and also in the clinch. I want some Brian Ortega style sub game if i'm RDA.

I hear you, but man that is such an all or nothing tactic. You miss (or even just partially land it) and you are on your back for 5 minutes getting smothered. I guess it depends on how confident RDA is in potentially being able to sprawl at all.

I'm not so sure and I guess we are talking about a reactive knee on an incoming shot from Colby. It's all about timing but it's definitely better than naked leg kicks.

Some people might think kicking Colby's leg lead will slow him down over 5 rounds which is true but I'm sure Colby will be looking to catch one and get a takedown if RDA isn't setting it up.

Even though it's kind of predictable it looks hard to catch Colby like that. I'd focus on countering and angling off if I was RDA. Also really work on that guillotene on the way in and also in the clinch. I want some Brian Ortega style sub game if i'm RDA.

I totally agree that RDA should just focus on boxing and staying upright.

I'm just making reference to the knee as a counter weapon to give Colby something to think about when shooting. RDA needs just to focus on boxing and sprawling which isn't going to be easy.

I doubt we see many shots from Colby, he wants the body lock. Once it's on thats where his mat wrestling takes over and you're in for a bad night. While he has it on the feet he's looking to ride your movement and switch around for trips or maybe switch to a double. Mostly prefering that to taking single legs (Which RDA is good at limp legging out of btw). On the ground Colby is very adept at wrist control and base stripping, something I think will be key for Colby.

Last edited:
Dogs I got so far are Covington and Anderson. Also already took Blaydes, Whittaker and Smith. Also like Benavidez but I'm going to have to review before I make a move on that 1. How do you guys see the line moving on Gadelha?

I kinda thought I might be on Overeem, but honestly I'm gonna end up on Blaydes. It's not a ton of juice, and quite frankly that KO by Ngannou of Overeem was a life changing type knockout. Esp after the amount of times Overeem has been blasted in his career. There's some stylistic challenges for Blaydes here, but they aren't enough to overcome all of the other factors in Blaydes favor. I think he handles Overeem here.

Dogs I got so far are Covington and Anderson. Also already took Blaydes, Whittaker and Smith. Also like Benavidez but I'm going to have to review before I make a move on that 1. How do you guys see the line moving on Gadelha?
Anderson? You seen her fights?

If Charmaine Tweet can have some success circling and throwing a jab at Anderson than she's gonna get ish'd to a decision. Betting Anderson is basically counting on a tko. Holly isn't very easy to cut off in the cage and Anderson isn't really good at cutting off the cage. When she does she doesn't throw volume, allowing for escapes and the way she just stands there in kicking range should give pause given Holly's question mark kick she killed Bethe (Yes i know it's Bethe tho lol) and rocked GDR with. Also, always remember the Dandois fight even if it was 3+ years ago. Holm Dec, a sprinkling of ITD and maybe Anderson NSC are gonna be the plays for me here.

Back