UFC 224 Lowest PPV Buys in Last 10 Years

According to this Terez Owens, reports are UFC 224 did about 85K PPV Buys. The lowest sold within the last 10 years. I knew it wasn't going to sell well, but 85k is shockingly low.

I don't understand why the UFC has thjs urgent need to headline WMMA and Flyweights all the time, the main stream viewers and even the hardcore fans just aren't that interested.

Non-Ronda WMMA is not a draw. Put it on the prelims.

According to this Terez Owens, reports are UFC 224 did about 85K PPV Buys. The lowest sold within the last 10 years. I knew it wasn't going to sell well, but 85k is shockingly low.

I don't understand why the UFC has thjs urgent need to headline WMMA and Flyweights all the time, the main stream viewers and even the hardcore fans just aren't that interested.

To be fair, he gets a lot wrong & guesses (he posted this BS - http://terezowens.com/breaking-espn-and-nbc-to-split-expanded-ufc-tv-package/_)
Also no concrete numbers come out in 3 days. Most cable companies do not report in that time frame.
but I would bet it will be in that area.

Meltzer should have early numbers tonight

NO_WMMA.jpg

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN​

Is this what Al Bundy does when he's not selling shoes to Mackenzie Dern?

The headlining wasn't so bad, just don't make it a ppv.

That's just abysmal.

Well done UFC, making the best most anticipated fight a main event!

Last edited:
That's a lot of sexist, misogynist pigs out there who didn't buy this great card for the only reason that they are intimidated by strong, powerful women who would kick their asses.
Or maybe, just MAYBE they just weren't interested. <seedat> I don't care about finishes, when it is a bunch of no name, uncharismatic fighters.smh

Let's be real when we learned we were getting a flabby dern I dropped out .. I mean wtf u expect me to pay for that low light card?

To be fair, judging it as a fight fan it was a decent card as it had some good fights. But no way would I have paid $65.00 for it, or spend money at the bar watching it.
I have no trouble getting psyched for any card. Not trying to grandstand but I literally am excited about every upcoming card. Always have been.
Edit: I don't buy them (bar).

Last edited:
Strip Nunes for selling under 100k. I think that should be a rule. You don't deserve to be UFC champion if you can't get past 100k. MMA is a business and entertainment above all else.

I couldn't even be bothered to watch the main event and I downloaded the PPV for free.

I went to see both WWE RAW & SMACKDOWN earlier in the week and had a much better time than the joke the UFC has become.

Back