UFC 224 Lowest PPV Buys in Last 10 Years

I disagree that they should stop letting them headline PPVs completely, they should just pick the right fights for the occasion. Sometimes you have the right championship match-ups from a sportive perspective of fairness but those match-ups lack star power. In that case you should put them in the co mainer of a PPV card or at the top of a fight night. Nunes vs Pennington was such a case. Had it been Nunes vs Holm or even Nunes vs Cyborg and had they put in some effort to promote the fight which they absolutely haven't, things would look very different.

I'm surprised that 85k people paid $65 for that. What is wrong with people? That was a glorified Fight Night card and people still paid for it.

Lots of people are incredibly stupid, especially MMA fans. Just look at how many retards genuinely believed that Ronda Rousey could beat up Floyd Mayweather. Dana White could sell dog shit sandwiches and these people would be on sherdog telling us how delicious they are.

Last edited:
Nunes fight draws 0 interest.
Cyborg fight draws a lot of attention.
Cyborg>Nunes

LOL@ people paying for this. Putting this card on PPV is an insult for the fans

And I bet 80k of the buys was because of Jacare vs Gastelum and Vitor vs Machida.
Heck even Dern vs ABC did probably give more interest than the main event.

That's a lot of sexist, misogynist pigs out there who didn't buy this great card for the only reason that they are intimidated by strong, powerful women who would kick their asses.
supreme white knight to the rescue.

The card was actually really good tho.
The card was meh but the fights turned out to be great.

Except the main event...

Machida vs Belfort as the main would be:
- easier to promote
- more exciting
- more appealing to both casuals and oldschoolers
- more profitable in the end IMO
- just fucking better, come on Dana, get your shit together!!!
lyoto-mouthpiece-png.380617

The seats were empty when nunes was doing her post fight, like there is no one there except press, ufc, and fight teans

The card didn't interest me and that appears to be the case with many. Nothing against Amanda because I do like watching her but with cost being what they are more discretion enters into these things. Top to bottom it wasn't enough for me to shell out dollars for.

didnt help that it went up against a free bellator card with some big names on it, as well as the lomachenko-linares boxing match, where lomachenko was aiming for a title in a 3rd weight class in only his 12th professional fight (record).
The loma fight was over by the time the ppv aired, so that's rubbish. The price of a ppv is too high, especially for WMMA headlined events.

We legit have no idea how much it did, neither does Terez Owens. It is a guess on his part. Sure it did terrible but to act like this is fact is wild.

UFC probably selling more and giggling when these reports come out cause they get to have their cake and eat it.

This is why we shouldn’t let white belts start threads.

There are a few decent wmma matches that could be made Andrande vs Valentina, Rose v Valentina, Nunez v Cybro , JJ v Tecia. But Pennington sucks and ....... putting 2 dogshit looking women that are boring no wonder

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back