• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 221 - Rockhold vs Romero - Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he did it to both McSweeney and Coulter...seems to be his takedown of choice even though it always ends up with him on bottom.

Im banking on him being intelligent enough to not want to go to the mat with Asker whereas Coulter and McSweeney are bums.

the other people in the pub are having happy family conversations. i'm watching reyes vs kim like a crack maniac.

i rate coulter over asker easily.

What? Coulter is the hottest of hot garbage, lost to the lol vanilla gorilla and tuvasa and has beaten absolutely nobody. He is literally good at nothing. At least Asker has some basic ground game. Don't understand this take at all.

Starting to like Hunt more and more here. Blaydes doesn't have an explosive double leg in open space like Brock Lesnar, he is better when he can wrestle and grind against the cage. When he shoots in the open he's actually pretty telegraphed and slow. If he's gonna take Hunt down I think he has to back him up against the cage but to do that he's gonna have to earn Hunts respect standing and I'm not sure he can.
Blaydes got tagged several times by Omielanczuk in striking exchanges and that's where Hunt thrives the most. Blaydes seems to have a good chin but if he leaves the same openings I could very well see him get knocked out.
This is a huge step up in competition for Blaydes and the worst opponent Hunt has faced in years (I guess you could argue post USADA Bigfoot and Mir being worse idk).

Last edited:
What? Coulter is the hottest of hot garbage, lost to the lol vanilla gorilla and tuvasa and has beaten absolutely nobody. He is literally good at nothing. At least Asker has some basic ground game. Don't understand this take at all.

Tua is very young could be improving at a rapid click. Ok Coulter isn't great but he looked much improved versus him compared to his McSweeney fight a year earlier. He's also training with a good crop of fighters. Apparently Asker trains in France not to mention the long arse flight and awkward fight time.

Re Hunt vs Blaydes: Can anyone confirm if Blaydes was working with Ludwig for this camp? I can't seem to find any info corroborating this definitively. In an Instagram post he made with some of his training partners he named a one Dale Sopi as giving him "the best damn mark hunt impression" and also thanked another gentle for driving through for Collins through Denver for helping him so I'm inferring he was training in Denver. Looked into sopi a bit as well. He's a very similar build and height to hunt but doesn't have near as good footwork or power imo.

Per the countdown show he’s been in Denver for two years now, not with Ludwig though. His head coach his Eliot Marshall and his striking coach is Vinnie Lopez.

Starting to like Hunt more and more here. Blaydes doesn't have an explosive double leg in open space like Brock Lesnar, he is better when he can wrestle and grind against the cage. When he shoots in the open he's actually pretty telegraphed and slow. If he's gonna take Hunt down I think he has to back him up against the cage but to do that he's gonna have to earn Hunts respect standing and I'm not sure he can.
Blaydes got tagged several times by Omielanczuk in striking exchanges and that's where Hunt thrives the most. Blaydes seems to have a good chin but if he leaves the same openings I could very well see him get knocked out.
This is a huge step up in competition for Blaydes and the worst opponent Hunt has faced in years (I guess you could argue post USADA Bigfoot and Mir being worse idk).

Didn't Brock take Hunt down off the cage though?

I
Bookmaker is the best US-facing bookie. Far superior to 5Dimes in terms of limits, interface, customer support, deposits/payouts, history.

It's probably the best bookie in the world. But you're not going to get the props/live betting that 5 Dimes offers.
second this I love bookmaker, butvthat said where in the hell are the lines??

Didn't Brock take Hunt down off the cage though?
Yeah but to get him to the cage he grabbed a single in open space with his speed and long gorilla arms and drove him to the cage with that crazy horse power. I dont think Blaydes will have as much success doing that.

I'm on Blaydes. Hunt is very old right now and Blaydes had a good fight with Ngannou, which I rate much higher than Hunt at the moment.

I can see him doing a ridiculous safe plan of jabbing and hugging all day and I'm fine with that.

Yeah but to get him to the cage he grabbed a single in open space with his speed and long gorilla arms and drove him to the cage with that crazy horse power. I dont think Blaydes will have as much success doing that.
Idk. I can't bet Hunt. Even in his win over Lewis I thought he looked like utter shit

Maybe he'll look awesome at weigh ins

As someone I think said earlier. I thought Tu looked much improved in his UFC debut over the tape I watched

Last edited:
Idk. I can't bet Hunt. Even in his win over Lewis I thought he looked like utter shit

Maybe he'll look awesome at weigh ins
I can understand that. Hunt can be frustrating because he doesn't really get anything going besides walking guys down if they dont commit to something. If Blaydes would stay behind a jab and cage grind the whole fight while not getting into many exchanges he could win for sure. I dont see that happening though since he gets into exchanges in pretty much every round of his fights and gets tagged, he's super hittable. When he commits to strikes he kinda just stands there and doesn't get out of the way.

More concerning for Blaydes striking game for me is that Oleinik succeeded to catch him a few times on the feet. He stays too open when strikes and he has almost none of a kicking game. I cant see him having success striking with Hunt really...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back