• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 221 - Rockhold vs Romero - Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Pedro is quite good and I cannot bet on a guy that lost to fucking Villante.

But dude.. he was on one leg
If that Russian can keep it standing and he's probably a combat sambo black belt
He should bang Pedro out

No Over/Unders, but we have FDTG/FDGTD props. Hit Hiorta/Pearson goes the distance 1u at -195 and Hunt/Blaydes goes the distance .5u +125.

But dude.. he was on one leg
If that Russian can keep it standing and he's probably a combat sambo black belt
He should bang Pedro out

Even before his leg was hurt he was sloppy as shit on the feet. He could certainly catch Pedro with one of those looping power shots, but Pedro recovered quick from a Rountree bomb, so I am not that worried.

Even before his leg was hurt he was sloppy as shit on the feet. He could certainly catch Pedro with one of those looping power shots, but Pedro recovered quick from a Rountree bomb, so I am not that worried.
You're braver than me, big boys like that banging ever goes the way I plan it to
Fair play

Are we in union that Blaydes beats Hunt via decision?

Clear cut blue print laid out for him
Plus the age
Plus the cardio

I don't buy homefield advantage

What if he can't take Hunt down? Do you think he'll be able to beat him on the feet like he did with Omielanczuk?

What if he can't take Hunt down? Do you think he'll be able to beat him on the feet like he did with Omielanczuk?

You mean we're questioning if a high level wrestler can take down Hunt.. in 2018?

Is anyone gonna own up to having a little Cyril Asker?

How's big boy gonna look if it goes past the first round?

You're braver than me, big boys like that banging ever goes the way I plan it to
Fair play

I do not expect Pedro to bang, Villante did, because that is what Villante does. I expect to see Pedro stay technical on the feet and take Safarov down when he overcommits.

You mean we're questioning if a high level wrestler can take down Hunt.. in 2018?

I definitely question this, Blaydes isn't Lesnar. I favor Blaydes for sure as he has developed a nice jab and should be able to press Hunt against the cage and clinch if the takedowns aren't there, but I doubt this looks like Lesnar/Hunt.

Is anyone gonna own up to having a little Cyril Asker?

How's big boy gonna look if it goes past the first round?

I’m thinking about it

Tuvasa is dumber than a bag of rocks and frankly doesn’t seem that good. He is getting way too much credit for beating megascrub Coulter

Asker isn’t good but he’s a whole lot better than Coulter. Tuvasa has a bad habit of pulling opponents down on top of him where Asker could cause him pain with solid top game

I’m thinking about it

Tuvasa is dumber than a bag of rocks and frankly doesn’t seem that good. He is getting way too much credit for beating megascrub Coulter

Asker isn’t good but he’s a whole lot better than Coulter. Tuvasa has a bad habit of pulling opponents down on top of him where Asker could cause him pain with solid top game

Disrespectful or not Tuvasa strikes me as the toughest guy at the BBQ
However
That's still probably enough to beat Asker
But I love that price on Asker..

some thoughts:

kennedy has that typical malcoordinated lanky boy striking where he gets tagged a lot. his wrestling is legit though. i think kennedy would do better if he went full alan patrick blanket every fight instead of mixing his striking in.

volkanovski's physicality and pressure will definitely cause problems for kennedy and he will find that high ass chin guaranteed.

volk might be the more physical wrestler and if he does get taken down, he has good get ups (aided by his compact frame). kennedy on the other hand doesn't look very good off his back. ultimately, kennedy winning via wrestle fuck wouldn't totally surprise me but i favour volk.

given the lines i think this one is a pass for me.

Yeah. The same high level wrestler who couldn't get any TDs against Omielanczuk who is still levels below Hunt, even in 2018.
I don't hate on Blaydes, he's one of my fav prospects, but just wondering if he can hang with Mark standing.

Yeah. The same high level wrestler who couldn't get any TDs against Omielanczuk who is still levels below Hunt, even in 2018.
I don't hate on Blaydes, he's one of my fav prospects, but just wondering if he can hang with Mark standing.

To be honest I think he probably can...
Especially if he drains him in the first against the fence
I don't think Hunt is anywhere near as scary as he once was

Mhmm I agree but I think even with that said he will be in a much better state than Tuvasa

Tui looked fine at the end of r1 vs Coulter landed a flying knee. Asker is horrid standing and Tui is going to put him out. He's also got some heavy leg kicks Asker won't enjoy them.

Tui looked fine at the end of r1 vs Coulter landed a flying knee. Asker is horrid standing and Tui is going to put him out. He's also got some heavy leg kicks Asker won't enjoy them.

The way I see the fight it's similar to Anders vs Machida

Tui IS physically superior and should easily end him most of the time. But never underestimate the power of stupidity. It's easy to see Tuvasa doing an idiotic takedown with Asker ending up on top and taking his back for the sub

Is it likely enough to make +240 a great bet? Probably not, but I do cap the fight in the +150 to +200 range for Asker

Re Hunt vs Blaydes: Can anyone confirm if Blaydes was working with Ludwig for this camp? I can't seem to find any info corroborating this definitively. In an Instagram post he made with some of his training partners he named a one Dale Sopi as giving him "the best damn mark hunt impression" and also thanked another gentle for driving through for Collins through Denver for helping him so I'm inferring he was training in Denver. Looked into sopi a bit as well. He's a very similar build and height to hunt but doesn't have near as good footwork or power imo.

The way I see the fight it's similar to Anders vs Machida

Tui IS physically superior and should easily end him most of the time. But never underestimate the power of stupidity. It's easy to see Tuvasa doing an idiotic takedown with Asker ending up on top and taking his back for the sub

Is it likely enough to make +240 a great bet? Probably not, but I do cap the fight in the +150 to +200 range for Asker

Yep im banking on Tui not pulling Asker on top of him lol ive just got him in a small double no chance id go big here

Yep im banking on Tui not pulling Asker on top of him lol ive just got him in a small double no chance id go big here

Well he did it to both McSweeney and Coulter...seems to be his takedown of choice even though it always ends up with him on bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back