UFC 217 - Bisping vs GSP - NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tj has more versatile striking, better wrestling , etc

I am in the camp that says Cody beat a waaaay lesser version of Cruz than the fought. He was NOT moving like Cruz should move. I know Dom said he has no excuse on fight night but didn't it come out that his foot was fucked?

Either way, yea. Cody has better boxing but tj has better kicks, etc, wrestling, and can work Cody if he does take him down

I agree with all of this. Also, I thought TJ beat Cruz, although I'll admit it was super close. Cruz did not look at all like himself against Garbrandt IMO. I think that was due to a combination of Cody being better than most people thought (including myself) and Cruz losing a step or two.

If the fight stays standing I do give Cody the advantage but I think it will be quite competitive. The big question mark for me here is whether or not TJ can take him down, and if so can Cody avoid getting smashed on the bottom the way Lineker did.

I'll definitely be playing TJ as the dog, I'm just waiting to see if the price gets even better.

Last edited:
Tj has more versatile striking, better wrestling , etc

I am in the camp that says Cody beat a waaaay lesser version of Cruz than the fought. He was NOT moving like Cruz should move. I know Dom said he has no excuse on fight night but didn't it come out that his foot was fucked?

Either way, yea. Cody has better boxing but tj has better kicks, etc, wrestling, and can work Cody if he does take him down

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...MMA-news-injury-plantar-fascia-tendinitis/amp

He was dealing w plantar fascia for the fight, but also had the injury for TJ + Urijah fights. Maybe it got worse over time and accelerated aging.

And the fact that its just one fight and Cody is arrogant as fuck makes it a good idea to bet TJ.

Can we talk about Masvidal/WB? I'll probably be on Masvidal at this price

Thank God. Someone with me

Most of it straight and some of it on the decision line? that's what im planning on doing. But WB has been hurt in his last few fights. It wouldnt shock me if Mas finished WB

I think wb is to versatile on the feet for mas

Masvidal's striking and defense is going to frustrate WB imo. WB is WAY too defensive and he can lose rounds bc of inactivity. I can't back him against a guy who doesn't have glaring defensive issues for WB to exploit w his counters

Most of it straight and some of it on the decision line? that's what im planning on doing. But WB has been hurt in his last few fights. It wouldnt shock me if Mas finished WB

Masvidal's striking and defense is going to frustrate WB imo. WB is WAY too defensive and he can lose rounds bc of inactivity. I can't back him against a guy who doesn't have glaring defensive issues for WB to exploit w his counters

I'm torn on this fight. Outside of the Woodley fights, and the first round or two of the Rory fight, has WB really shown that much inactivity? Both of those opponents fought extremely tentatively against him as well. At the same time, Masvidal has been known to take his foot off the gas pedal (something he's acknowledged and may have corrected based on the Cerrone and Ellenberger fights), which led to a bunch of split decision loses for him.

But, what about the possibility of Mas using his wrestling here? I think he's probably going to be outclassed on the feet without at least putting the threat of the takedown in WB's mind.

I think i will be on GSP side with these odds, but not very big. Bisping really not impressed me in his last 3 fights, i even think he lost against Hendo. And GSP is not so old, 36 and he never had a lot of beating in his career. He also never had some hard injuries and he get the layoff in his prime. He didint lost his athleticism also, as i can see from the videos he posted. Training with Freddie Roach means he wants to improve his striking not just get back the level he had few years ago (even if his striking was not on a superb level).
This is his best chance to be champion again. I think he knows it very well and will play this fight very smart and patiently. And if Hendo can knock down Bisping twice in 5 rounds, why GSP cant? My only concern is that he will be a lot smaller than Michael, but maybe this will make him faster and he will outstrike the british for 5 rounds. Also he will have the cardio edge i think.
Maybe the fight go to distance will be the better choice idk

I'm torn on this fight. Outside of the Woodley fights, and the first round or two of the Rory fight, has WB really shown that much inactivity? Both of those opponents fought extremely tentatively against him as well. At the same time, Masvidal has been known to take his foot off the gas pedal (something he's acknowledged and may have corrected based on the Cerrone and Ellenberger fights), which led to a bunch of split decision loses for him.

But, what about the possibility of Mas using his wrestling here? I think he's probably going to be outclassed on the feet without at least putting the threat of the takedown in WB's mind.
Oh i dont think Masvidal is going to be outclassed on the feet if this is a straight up stand up affair as he definitely has the better boxing imo

Oh i dont think Masvidal is going to be outclassed on the feet if this is a straight up stand up affair as he definitely has the better boxing imo

Outclassed is probably too strong of a word, but I do think that WB has the advantage. My gut feeling is that this fight is going to come down to a close decision. Both guys seem to have excellent chins, if the shots Woodley hit WB with didn't put him away idk what will.

I don't think any fighter could outclass Mas on the feet.

Mas now seems to be coming forward more now. I just don't see wonder boy being able to frustrate him.

Both have good wrestling so should stay upright. I think it's 50/50. I'll go with the dog

I think Mas can hang in the standup and I actually think he can snag takedowns in there too. On the ground, Masvidal is a lot better too.

Outclassed is probably too strong of a word, but I do think that WB has the advantage. My gut feeling is that this fight is going to come down to a close decision. Both guys seem to have excellent chins, if the shots Woodley hit WB with didn't put him away idk what will.
Agree to disagree i suppose. If this line gets to like +150 or higher it might actually be a multi unit bet for me

i thought wonderboy fought like a straight up vagina against a very beatable woodley twice (arguably won the rematch but that's neither here nor there, he should have done better). i'll happily take a shot on masvidal but would like +150 as well.

if covington and masvidal both win, who do you reckon gets the next shot?

Agree to disagree i suppose. If this line gets to like +150 or higher it might actually be a multi unit bet for me

Yea, don't get me wrong I'm not saying I'm against a play on Mas, I'm just trying to look at both sides. At +150, I'd be on Mas for sure and if the fight were happening today I'd probably take him at current odds or pass (I definitely wouldn't take WB at -150).

i thought wonderboy fought like a straight up vagina against a very beatable woodley twice (arguably won the rematch but that's neither here nor there, he should have done better). i'll happily take a shot on masvidal but would like +150 as well.

if covington and masvidal both win, who do you reckon gets the next shot?

Hard to say. RDA is right there too. I think Covington needs to finish Maia to even have a chance at getting the shot though.

I think wonderboy's takedown defense is much too strong

I agree he has the better boxing. But WB uses more variety from more different angles which could cause mas some trouble. I do lean the fight probably going to a dec. And WBs inactivity might be getting a little blown out of proportion besides woodley fights hes been fine activity wise

rumour is walt/godbeer is back on for this card, so we might get our parlay leg after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back