PBP UFC 198: Werdum vs. Miocic Main Card PBP (Discussion) 10pm ET/7pm PT/3am UK

Worst part is he had the chance to adjust while Aldo didn't.

Watching some of the gifs already posted, Miocic tagged him while rushing forward prior to the KO, and he still kept doing it.

Second time he did it, well, we all saw what happened.

In his defense he did catch Miocic a few times early on but clearly not enough to do damage or change momentum.

You are right though his 2nd to last blitz he got caught and said fuck it and tried to blitz immediately afterwards. Haa

Jacare possibly injured in his right knee, he just said it in the Post Fight show.. hope its nothing.

Worst part is he had the chance to adjust while Aldo didn't.

Watching some of the gifs already posted, Miocic tagged him while rushing forward prior to the KO, and he still kept doing it.

Second time he did it, well, we all saw what happened.

I think that first big counter hurt him and he kind of panicked a little bit trying to "get it back". That backfired big time. The punch that put him down was nice, but I think Werdum was already rocked by the previous counter and that's probably why he went down like he'd been shot by a sniper.

werdum fought like an amateur why was he reaching and running like some untrained bum

this is the werdum i remember
tumblr_n4bvjbHnXG1qaa8d1o5_250.gif

No.

It is far more about how susceptible guys are when they are rushing forward.

2.gif

Remember how much BJ tee'd off on Joe Daddy and could not KO him.

19owgm.gif

These are arm punches with little on them but when you run into them...

Yup. Same principle as bumping into a wall when it's completely dark.

In his defense he did catch Miocic a few times early on but clearly not enough to do damage or change momentum.

You are right though his 2nd to last blitz he got caught and said fuck it and tried to blitz immediately afterwards. Haa

While watching him doing that I was thinking What is he doing?
and as cliche as it might sound kinda saw this coming, not Aldo-esque/out cold like it happened, but to see him get dropped by a counter was just a matter of time.

That's it for me, fine gentleman and ladies, I'm out. Good keeping up with you for the fights, as always, or usually... anyway. Sleep well.

werdum fought like an amateur why was he reaching and running like some untrained bum

He is reaching in that gif too. Look at how his head in not under his feet after 2 punches. Well placed uppercut (a la JDS) would KO him stiff. While he did improve his striking Werdum still makes mistakes and got a lot cocky for a division where one punch can end a fight.

That HW fight was an utter joke

Horrible horrible fight. Pathetic really. Anyone who likes this is a fool

Fuck I missed the main event because I walked up to the old dog racetrack, and did stuff...

God knows why you posted that gif, Werdum does the same there as he did vs Stipe rushing forward with no defence throwing arm punches. Granted it was a bit smarter to do it as Browne isn't much of a striker and he was covering up but Werdum has done those loads of times and everyone who said there was big holes in his boxing has been proven resoundly correct.

He is reaching in that gif too. Look at how his head in not under his feet after 2 punches. Well placed uppercut (a la JDS) would KO him stiff. While he did improve his striking Werdum still makes mistakes and got a lot cocky for a division where one punch can end a fight.

Honestly I think Werdums boxing defence has regressed not improved, offencively he's definitely more dangerous but also a lot more hittable than he was in the mid/late 00's. Under Crocop's team it was actually pretty hard to land anything big clean on him.

Honestly I think Werdums boxing defence has regressed not improved, offencively he's definitely more dangerous but also a lot more hittable than he was in the mid/late 00's. Under Crocop's team it was actually pretty hard to land anything big clean on him.
That is the way of KingsMMA. We gonna throw down, you will hit me but I will hit you harder. Well that works for lower weight classes, guys can take a lot of shots.....at HW its one shot and you are done.

That is the way of KingsMMA. We gonna throw down, you will hit me but I will hit you harder. Well that works for lower weight classes, guys can take a lot of shots.....at HW its one shot and you are done.

I wouldn't say its a bad thing for Werdum, it got him the UFC belt afterall and I think another issue is simply that he's older and slower which would made fighting the way he did late in pride harder(basically defensive boxing chained with takedowns) where as I think his recent game doesn't need the same level of agility. That said a trade off clearly has been made and the upshot of it is that he's been more vulnerable to being KOed in the latter half of his career.

Entertaining card! Great win for Jacare, WOOW great win for Stipe and congratulations to him on winning the title!

Back