PBP UFC 198: Werdum vs. Miocic Main Card PBP (Discussion) 10pm ET/7pm PT/3am UK

Great KO by Stipe, I thought Werdum would of try to initiate a clinch instead of running into a KO. It seems Stipe is just a bad match style wise as Stipe has the boxing to effectively counter Werdum and the wrestling to keep it standing.

do not get all the werdum hate... yes he fought dumb as shit, but he can be champ again... don't think stipe is the better fighter!
sherdog being sherdog again... first everyone is a werdum fan, now fabricio is old and sucks... still a fan here!!!
hope jacare and maia get there shots next... cyborg will probally never fight at 135, and vitor should probally retire...
happy for shogun and lil nog

Congratulations Stipe!!
Well deserved!!

20160514093838_IMG_7475.JPG

In fact, there were 45,000 Miocics against Werdum.
Werdum felt himself pressed because the crowd and committed amateur errors.

I've never seen Werdum throw anything near that sloppy. I figured he would win a decision by using a lot of kicks and fight from a distance. He was actually doing really well, he landed some nice combos and hard shots..

Then he got hit and decided to blitz... which was honestly Ronda Rousey level striking, maybe even worse.

There was an instance in Rousey vs Holm where Ronda did pretty much that exact rush but Holly kept distance and sidestepped instead of countered.

Werdum's rush was way worse because he took like 5+ massive lurching steps and wasn't landing shit. He basically rushed right into the pocket and stayed there with no threatening offence and no defense whatsoever.

If you look at a lot of Stipe's KOs they came from in the pocket at very close range. That's the only area Werdum had to avoid and he rushed into it and got KOd haha.. :D

Grats to Miocic, he deserves it, he has the style to give Werdum problems, but who could have seen that coming?
Actually several of us called it and saw it coming

@Abezal the guitar music at the werdum Miocic promo is: Audiomachine - Illuminati

That is the way of KingsMMA. We gonna throw down, you will hit me but I will hit you harder. Well that works for lower weight classes, guys can take a lot of shots.....at HW its one shot and you are done.
RDA is the crowning jewel of kingsmma when he strikes he covers up,takes head off center line,shoulder rolls etc.
tumblr_nl9e1dzCRK1u2ragso2_250.gif

EarnestLightIsopod.gif

dos%2Banjos%2Bfeints.gif

RepulsiveWelldocumentedCurassow.gif

GreatHonoredAntelopegroundsquirrel.gif

And... on a completely objective view:

What a shit card lol.
I see people saying this, why? I picked Maia to dominate Brown, Shogun to beat Anderson, Jacare to obliterate Vitor, and picked Stipe to beat Trollexander the Great. For me at least this card was glorious lol. I blew wad all over my living room.

Back