UFC 174 as it stands, Is it PPV worthy?

The main card is pretty good, if Mighty Mouse had a more legit opponent it wouldn't be bad. Ali is solid but few including me are giving him much chance.

But those Fox Sports prelims are pretty rough. Easily the worst they have ever had for a PPV.

June UFC's are always rough. I think they figure July will sell huge so they are willing to let this one tank. Heck this one being poor may help that one sell better since some may not buy this one.

I will still buy but I have people that come and pitch so it ends up less of a burden. I can see why people that don't have others pitching wouldn't want to buy.

No. Only interested in the same 3 fights everyone else is.

I can only afford to purchase a handful of ppv a year, so I have to be very selective on which events to buy. This card doesn't make the cut.

I wouldn't pay $70 to watch it at home. But I did pay $70 to see it live.

it doesn't have king mo or will brooks on it, but it might be worth some dough

I'd say yes.

MM is a beast and is fun too watch. Baguatinov is a tough dude.

Woodley vs Rory is very interesting and probably sets up the next contender.

Plus the Return of AA.

It's a 7 on paper.

Who outside of MMA forums know about Baguatinov? It's a complete sham that fans have to pay over $50 to watch a main event with him on it. This event is like paying for a FOX card, which is what it usually would of been in the past.

Who outside of MMA forums know about Baguatinov? It's a complete sham that fans have to pay over $50 to watch a main event with him on it. This event is like paying for a FOX card, which is what it usually would of been in the past.
They don't have to pay for anything.

It's not the strongest card. I'll probably skip it, but I do want to see Mighty Mouse dominate. Hmm.

Good FOX card, crap PPV card. I'll still watch it dam it.

well i kinda assumed if they ever had the flyweights headlining they would stack the rest of the card, instead we get some really average fights. I'm not sure if they expect me to be excited about Ryan Jimmo or the return of Andrei Arvolski, idk. The only thing that has me excited is the prospect of Schaub getting KOd..

plus the prelims are the worst ppv prelims in recent history IMO. just terrible. Dana you should feel sad.

The PPV portion is solid,

but yes those prelims leave something to be desired.

The main card is pretty good, if Mighty Mouse had a more legit opponent it wouldn't be bad. Ali is solid but few including me are giving him much chance.

But those Fox Sports prelims are pretty rough. Easily the worst they have ever had for a PPV.

June UFC's are always rough. I think they figure July will sell huge so they are willing to let this one tank. Heck this one being poor may help that one sell better since some may not buy this one.

I will still buy but I have people that come and pitch so it ends up less of a burden. I can see why people that don't have others pitching wouldn't want to buy.

Do you do the pitch in for every PPV?

We used to do it when they were less frequent, now we just go to a pub. There are just to many to bother organising it when there will be another a couple of weeks.

PPV card is a little below average with the Schaub/Arlovski and Jimmo/OSP additions. Where the card really lacks is in the FS1 prelims especially when you look at the fight night events that surround them.

Anyone think there is a chance that some better fights be added to the top of the prelims with about a month left?

Not ordering it just to watch Rory vs Woodley.

Back