UFC 174 as it stands, Is it PPV worthy?

I would buy just to see Johnson defend his title again, but the rest of the card is mediocre at best. Rory/Woodley is a poor excuse for a co-main event (another example of the UFC trying to shove sub-par WWs down fans' throats), and I couldn't care less about Schaub/Arlovski. The two LHW fights are decent, sensible matchups but don't have the most talented fighters.

The undercard is pretty much entirely filler. Btw, Sarafian is fighting Kunimoto, not Kikuno. Too bad, I would actually rather watch Sarafian fight Kikuno, despite the size difference.

Woodley and Rory....subpar?

I guess Ellenberger, Condit, and Maia are all trash.

yes, although they picked the worst opponent for MM to headline against. Should have done it vs Benavidez

also, they should put Jabouin/Easton on the main card.

This card is worth paying for. Woodley-Rory, MM vs Ali are two badass fights. Cant go wrong with Arlovski vs Schaub. Kikuno vs Safarian is going to be an awesome fight too.

I don't know what some of you want. A Shockwave type event every month is not going to happen.

Worth paying for? Are you serious? How can you possibly say that it's worth $65? You must be a Zuffa lover.

What a lame PPV. seriously, donate your money to charity or something

I like the entire main card. Every fight is pretty relevant with mostly very talented fighters. Then headlined by a world title fight.

There isn't a ton of big star power but that main card is damn solid.

bellators ppv is more ppv worthy, even without alvarez

Bader vs Cavalcante is more relevant and an all around better fight than Rampage vs King Mo. Especially cosidering Bader beat Rampage and Cavalcante knocked out King Mo.

yes, although they picked the worst opponent for MM to headline against. Should have done it vs Benavidez

also, they should put Jabouin/Easton on the main card.

Do you realize that MM just KO'd Benavidez in his last title defense?

lol say MM/Ali gets pulled due to injury or likewise Woodley/Rory due to injury

then this card is absolute garbage

definitely not worth the 60$ ppv tag, totally worth the 65$ ticket price though
If half the card gets pulled due to injury it would certainly hurt it but that is true with almost any card. Bader vs Cavalcante, Schaub vs Arlovski, and Jimmo vs OSP are all relevant fights.

The champion is the selling point of all the cards this year and some shuffling would need to be done if the champ got injured.

BETTER THAN 157
Rousey/Carmouche
Machida/Hendo
Faber/Menjivar
McGee/Neer
Lawler/Kos

For me, hell no!

For someone who lives and breathes MMA, sure.

The main card doesn't have the star power but the matchups are interesting and should be fun to watch. The prelims are maybe the worst I have ever seen ever. They are all facebook prelims except for Jabouin - Easton . How thye couldn't muster up some quality undercard bouts is beyond me. This will be my first live event and I am upset at how trash the first half of the card is.

im actually excited for the main event

Rory/Woodley has the potential to be a huge stinker.

Rory is more than happy to jab for 15 and Woodley turns into a blanket if he doesnt one shot ko someone in the 1st round.

I'd want to watch just for Arlovski, but that is a pretty meh card overall. Main and co-main are solid at least.

looks good for a ppv. esp MM fighting again and the return of Arlovski. Rory vs Woodley would set up the next WW contender as well

Not my favorite card ever, but I'd watch it. Title fight, WW contender, distinct possibility of seeing Schaub or AA brutally KOed. Undercard is typical for Canada, we get to see Canadians, but most others won't care about it.

edit: wish Mein was on this card, and that Grant was healthy enough to be.

Last edited:
Back