UFC 168 needs Nogueira-Barnett 3!!

How does Nogueira not "deserve" him. This is a man he has beaten before.

You don't make fights based on the pending result of another fight, because anything can/will happen

Minotauro hasn't beaten a Top 10 fighter since Couture? And Josh just finished the guy in R1 that finished Noguiera twice. Barnett would rout Minotauro at this point and it would do nothing for him in terms of getting a title shot.

Well if that's the case, then Guida should be in line to fight Pettis for the title.

Don't put words in my mouth. Did I say Nog should get a title shot? No.

He may not have a top 10 win since Couture, but only because they keep putting him in there woth guys like Schaub & Herman when he loses.. That is pointless. He and Barnett have competed in FOTY caliber fights, that's why he is worthy of this challenge rather than some scrub

People that think like you are the reason we get so many stupid fights in MMA.

You shouldn't get fights based on achievements from years ago......you should get them based off your last fight.

Nog doesn't deserve Barnett.

Oh come on lady. I bet you think Hendo Vitor is a shit fight, right? Stop being a pussy about rankings and "deserving" and let the dudes bang. These 2 are legends and getting them to settle the deal would be great. Dont act like Barnett is a 20 y.o monster, he got manhandled by Cormier, who struggled against Mir ffs.. I say Nog and Barnett are in very similar stages of their carreers. Remember, Nog hurt Mir even more than Barnett before his arm was snapped

Nog - Barnett 3 must happen

Wouldn't Werdum be the #2 contender behind JDS?

He was submitted by the #1 contender. He didn't "lose badly"

He had bad losses to Mir & Velasquez.. If he were coming off a loss like that I would understand, but he isn't.

Barnett is coming off a controversial stoppage over Mir who was on a 2 fight losing streak. Stop trying to throw him into a title shot, he needs to settle the rubber match with Nog first.

Oh and to everyone saying Barnett > Mir > Nog... I though we got over MMAth along time ago.. If I chose the fights I wanted to it could be Nog > Barnett > Mir

Why waste Barnett's time on a pointless fight like this. HW is thin, now we have a fresh face in the UFC to fight guys like JDS, Cain, Overeem, Bigfoot, Werdum... and you want to see Barnett/Nog 3? Makes zero sense. This has to be a troll job mang.

I wouldn't mind seeing them go at again, but right now Barnett is on the path of a title shot, and fighting Big Nog doesn't help him at all even with a win.

Have Big Nog fight someone who he should beat next(which is still the majority of the Heavyweight division)and if Barnett loses to his next guy(Browne or Werdum I'd assume) then Barnett vs Big Nog will make sense.

Why would anyone wish Nog another loss?

BTW, Nog is the best Werdum's win since his loss to Overeem. And everyone thinks he deserves the title shot.

How does Nogueira not "deserve" him. This is a man he has beaten before.

You don't make fights based on the pending result of another fight, because anything can/will happen

In that case, setup Silva-Chonan II and GSP-Serra III.

The whole point of bringing in fighters from other orgs (Strikeforce) is to see them compete against different guys in the UFC, not to bring them in and repeat match ups we've seen once or twice already. People want to see Barnett against guys he hasn't fought before. This is almost as dumb as when they brought over Herring and Nog and gave us Herring/Nog 3. I can't imagine why someone would want to see Nog vs Barnett 3 over Barnett vs JDS/Cain/Werdum/Bigfoot/Browne

Why waste Barnett's time on a pointless fight like this. HW is thin, now we have a fresh face in the UFC to fight guys like JDS, Cain, Overeem, Bigfoot, Werdum... and you want to see Barnett/Nog 3? Makes zero sense. This has to be a troll job mang.

JDS, Cain, Overeem, Bigfoot, & Werdum are all unavailable for him "'mang" .. So you make zero sense.

Barnett & Nog would both be out to prove they're legacy over eachother since it's even at 1-1.. Not every fight is about reaching the title especially at these 2 respective stages of their careers.

I wouldn't mind seeing them go at again, but right now Barnett is on the path of a title shot, and fighting Big Nog doesn't help him at all even with a win.

Have Big Nog fight someone who he should beat next(which is still the majority of the Heavyweight division)and if Barnett loses to his next guy(Browne or Werdum I'd assume) then Barnett vs Big Nog will make sense.

Lol WTF, it's not okay with Nog coming off a loss and Barnett on a win streak but it is vice versa? Please explain.

For the sake of Big Nog no, please no.

Let the man retire in dignity, there is no reason to have this match at all...

Werdum vs Barnett could actually very easily materialize if the new champ is expected to be out for a while.

And in my opinion, it should happen anyway!

JDS, Cain, Overeem, Bigfoot, & Werdum are all unavailable for him "'mang" .. So you make zero sense.

Barnett & Nog would both be out to prove they're legacy over eachother since it's even at 1-1.. Not every fight is about reaching the title especially at these 2 respective stages of their careers.

why is Werdum unavailable MANG....... because Werdum thinks he deserves a title shot :redface:

Dana needs to make Werdum vs Barnett for the #1 contender.

In that case, setup Silva-Chonan II and GSP-Serra III.

Clearly this situation is entirely different. If you think Barnett is that much greater than Nogueira that you compare it to Silva-Chonan & GSP-Serra, you've got a problem.

Back