UFC 168 needs Nogueira-Barnett 3!!

JAB2013

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Big Nog mentioned wanting to return at 168 to fight Struve (which won't be happening obviously), but this is the next big thing. It's time for them to settle the score & if it can't happen in Japan, it should at least happen at the NYE show.

I know many will dismiss this in favor of Barnett-Werdum but that fight is simply not happening.. Werdum is waiting for his shot/training as an injury replacement. Many will also say Nog shouldn't get this fight coming off a loss, but him & Josh have fought before and it's even.. Not too mention Nog has never lost consecutive bouts in his illustrious career

Nog obviously don't deserve Barnett.

I wouldn't mind seeing Nelson vs Nog after Cormier is done with Roy.

Nog obviously don't deserve Barnett.

I wouldn't mind seeing Nelson vs Nog after Cormier is done with Roy.

How does Nogueira not "deserve" him. This is a man he has beaten before.

You don't make fights based on the pending result of another fight, because anything can/will happen

Chonan beat Anderson before but it doesn't mean he deserves the chance to fight him again. They're at different stages of their careers right now.

Last edited:

Because Nog lost his last fight badly and Barnett didn't? I can't believe this even needs to be said

You don't make fights based on the pending result of another fight, because anything can/will happen

Barnett just demolished the top 10 fighter who crushed Noguria twice.

Moreover Noguria is coming off another loss, he absolutely does not deserve Barnett right now.

It doesn't matter that anything can happen. If matchmaking was based on that we might as well give Soa Paleili a title shot because "anything can happen".

That is true, but Josh recently smoked Mir whereas Nogueira recently got submitted by Werdum, so they're moving in different directions divisionally (fuck wit dat alliteration, SON!) which makes this fight unlikely to be made, but perhaps more importantly, Frank Mir beat a really faded Nogueira twice. And like, what I'm trying to say by that is, for one reason or another Nogueira is clearly on a decline given that 4 of his losses have come in the past 5 years, whereas Josh really isn't.

Because Nog lost his last fight badly and Barnett didn't? I can't believe this even needs to be said

He was submitted by the #1 contender. He didn't "lose badly"

He had bad losses to Mir & Velasquez.. If he were coming off a loss like that I would understand, but he isn't.

Barnett is coming off a controversial stoppage over Mir who was on a 2 fight losing streak. Stop trying to throw him into a title shot, he needs to settle the rubber match with Nog first.

Oh and to everyone saying Barnett > Mir > Nog... I though we got over MMAth along time ago.. If I chose the fights I wanted to it could be Nog > Barnett > Mir

People that think like you are the reason we get so many stupid fights in MMA.

You shouldn't get fights based on achievements from years ago......you should get them based off your last fight.

Nog doesn't deserve Barnett.

Nogg will make Barnett tap to strikes .

This is ridiculous. Nog does not deserve to fight Barnett. And at this point, he has nothing for him.

People that think like you are the reason we get so many stupid fights in MMA.

You shouldn't get fights based on achievements from years ago......you should get them based off your last fight.

Nog doesn't deserve Barnett.

This fight is going to happen. Deal with it.

I guess I missed when Nog was caught roiding.

I guess somehow someone missed Barnett getting caught three times.

Barnett is a fraud, he's a fucking stupid idiot for cheating, he's an even more stupid idiot for getting caught three times, and you're all retards for forgiving him.

He was submitted by the #1 contender. He didn't "lose badly"

He had bad losses to Mir & Velasquez.. If he were coming off a loss like that I would understand, but he isn't.

Barnett is coming off a controversial stoppage over Mir who was on a 2 fight losing streak. Stop trying to throw him into a title shot, he needs to settle the rubber match with Nog first.

Oh and to everyone saying Barnett > Mir > Nog... I though we got over MMAth along time ago.. If I chose the fights I wanted to it could be Nog > Barnett > Mir

no he fucking does not, stop posting nonsense.

Barnett needs to fight Werdum for a title shot.

Chonan beat Anderson before but it doesn't mean he deserves the chance to fight him again. They're at different stages of their careers right now.

It doesn't take a genius to know the circumstances are way different. You guys are going to say Silva is to Chonan as Barnett is to Nog at this point in time?!?!?

Your'e gonna act like we've never seen 2 top contenders matched up with one coming off a win and one off a loss.. Seems like that happened recently.. Oh yeah MIR vs BARNETT!!!!

People saying just because Nog is coming off a loss he's equal to Soa Palelei?

People using bogus MMAth?!?!

GTFO

Last edited:
Barnett vs Browne to me is a no brainer. This fight will happen

Oh yeah and as much as I love Nog, his last relavent win was 4 years ago against couture and has been rapidly deteriorating since then as where barnett has been steamrolling all of his opponents, minus cormier, since that last big nog fight (which was almost 7 years ago) and I personally think he looks better than ever.

I couldn't see UFC putting this matchup together unless it was in japan anyways

Last edited:
Back