UFC 168 needs Nogueira-Barnett 3!!

why is Werdum unavailable MANG....... because Werdum thinks he deserves a title shot :redface:

Dana needs to make Werdum vs Barnett for the #1 contender.

Werdum is unavailable "mang" because he is stayimg ready to replace either JDS or Cain next month, that is where the UFC wants him & Werdum has confirmed this.
& if there are no injuries, he gets the winner.

He doesn't have time to think about Josh Barnett

How does Nogueira not "deserve" him. This is a man he has beaten before.

You don't make fights based on the pending result of another fight, because anything can/will happen

yes but results from 7+ years ago arent very reliable.

nog is in the twiling of his career.

nog also beat werdum the first time and any reasonable fan knew werdum was the clear favorite for the rematch.

same thing in werdum beating overeem the first time. didn't mean shit.

yes but results from 7+ years ago arent very reliable.

nog is in the twiling of his career.

nog also beat werdum the first time and any reasonable fan knew werdum was the clear favorite for the rematch.

same thing in werdum beating overeem the first time. didn't mean shit.

I understand that just because Nog won the last fight 7 years ago, it doesn't mean he will win this time, I'm not an idiot. But you guys are crazy if you think Barnett is on such another level just because he flash KO'd Frank Mir.. Who is also on the 'twilight' of his career

JDS, Cain, Overeem, Bigfoot, & Werdum are all unavailable for him "'mang" .. So you make zero sense.

Barnett & Nog would both be out to prove they're legacy over eachother since it's even at 1-1.. Not every fight is about reaching the title especially at these 2 respective stages of their careers.

The fact that no one else but you wants to see this fight makes it pretty clear that better fights exist, MANG.

Barnett is a contender and still may have enough for a title run; Nog is done.

When Barnett starts getting KO'd left and right then we can talk about having your geezer legacy match, mang.

Werdum is unavailable "mang" because he is stayimg ready to replace either JDS or Cain next month, that is where the UFC wants him & Werdum has confirmed this.
& if there are no injuries, he gets the winner.

He doesn't have time to think about Josh Barnett

has that been confirmed? because Dana has changed his mind that many times unless the contract is signed it means nothing "MANG"

also, all i have heard is Werdum is getting ready if there is a injury.... nothing more (unless you have a source otherwise)

has that been confirmed? because Dana has changed his mind that many times unless the contract is signed it means nothing "MANG"

also, all i have heard is Werdum is getting ready if there is a injury.... nothing more (unless you have a source otherwise)

I don't have a source, but are u suggesting that the UFC would have him training as the replacement #1 contender..only to have him fight Barnett once the title fight is over?

Surely not "MANG"

The fact that no one else but you wants to see this fight makes it pretty clear that better fights exist, MANG.

Barnett is a contender and still may have enough for a title run; Nog is done.

When Barnett starts getting KO'd left and right then we can talk about having your geezer legacy match, mang.

Actually if you read back a page or 2 there are some people who agree.. Someone made a good point about the Belfort vs Henderson match that has been booked.. Vitor and Hendo are definitely heading in different directions divisionally, but Hendo has a victory over Vitor (No matter how long ago) and Vitor wants to avenge it.

Not to mention Edgar vs Penn3

This fight makes more sense than both of those.

I don't have a source, but are u suggesting that the UFC would have him training as the replacement #1 contender..only to have him fight Barnett once the title fight is over?

Surely not "MANG"

why not? he trains just in case of an injury. if the fight goes ahead at 166, then he can keep training and fight josh at 168.

why not? he trains just in case of an injury. if the fight goes ahead at 166, then he can keep training and fight josh at 168.

Because if they were gonna make the fight with Josh, they would go ahead and do it.. Not waste the time & effort of everyone involved especially Werdum's

Actually if you read back a page or 2 there are some people who agree.. Someone made a good point about the Belfort vs Henderson match that has been booked.. Vitor and Hendo are definitely heading in different directions divisionally, but Hendo has a victory over Vitor (No matter how long ago) and Vitor wants to avenge it.

Not to mention Edgar vs Penn3

This fight makes more sense than both of those.

Yeah I think both of those fights are dumb as well. Belfort vs Hendo makes about as much sense as Franklinweight fights. If Vitor wants to make a run at 185, then stay there.

Edgar/Penn 3 is only happening because BJ gets what BJ wants, and Edgar probably wanted to coach the show. The fight itself makes no sense. Edgar dominated the 2nd bout. Penn doesn't even deserve Edgar at this point.

If they don't make Barnett vs Werdum, this is the next fight I want to see. I think Barnett takes it this time but Nog has a chance he he stops putting himself on the bottom for guillotines.

Because if they were gonna make the fight with Josh, they would go ahead and do it.. Not waste the time & effort of everyone involved especially Werdum's

how are they wasting his time? i'm sure if the UFC asked him to train just in case they would be paying him. and if the fight goes ahead (cain/jds 166) then he can just keep training and fight josh. what does he do if otherwise? wait for another 6 months+ to fight for the title... this has Rashad Evans written all over it.

Yeah I think both of those fights are dumb as well. Belfort vs Hendo makes about as much sense as Franklinweight fights. If Vitor wants to make a run at 185, then stay there.

Edgar/Penn 3 is only happening because BJ gets what BJ wants, and Edgar probably wanted to coach the show. The fight itself makes no sense. Edgar dominated the 2nd bout. Penn doesn't even deserve Edgar at this point.

All that may be true, but I guarantee this fight is next.

how are they wasting his time? i'm sure if the UFC asked him to train just in case they would be paying him. and if the fight goes ahead (cain/jds 166) then he can just keep training and fight josh. what does he do if otherwise? wait for another 6 months+ to fight for the title... this has Rashad Evans written all over it.

How do u figure it would take 6 months for the next fight to be scheduled?

I actually would like to see Nog retire with a win, so no to this match up.

How do u figure it would take 6 months for the next fight to be scheduled?

have a look at the recent history of the HW division. it has been 6 months between fights for the champ, and that has been without any injury concerns.

Chonan beat Anderson before but it doesn't mean he deserves the chance to fight him again. They're at different stages of their careers right now.

How are they at different stages?? Barnett just came of a great win over Mir but lost to Cormier....while Nog lost to the #1 contender in Werdum and won vs Herman. Beating Mir is a much better win then Herman.....but they are both 1-1 in the last 2. Both guy have been fighting nearly an equal amount of time and are pretty much in similar stages of their careers.

Barnett has only 1 loss in the past 7 years to Cormier....but his level of competition has been very weak. He needs to fight as many high caliber fighters as possible. Barnett needs a fight.....I think Werdum is the fight to make but if thats not going down, Nog makes perfect sense in terms of who is available.

Fight makes sense to me. No matter how "bad" you may think the fight looks for Barnett. A win is a win, and Barnett would probably win.

If he didn't, then he must not have been much of a contender.

If he wants to fight again this year, and we all know he does, this is the fight to make. Especially since everyone else is tied up.

Cormier v. Nelson (logically makes no sense, Nelson doesn't "deserve" thos fight)
Mir v. Reem
Browne v. Micicoc
Bigfoot v. HUNT (which makes no sense by rankings logic)
Werdum isn't taking the fight.
So, Rothwell or Big Nog it is... or wait woth Werdum and NOT get a title shot.

Roy nelson would just knock big nog out.

Back