UFC 165: Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson PBP (Discussion)

What is with all this robbery talk? What because the black man won all of the sudden it is a robbery? If the white man won, I guess it would just be him doing his job and all on the judges.... smdh sherdog...

How can anyone say round 4 is in doubt? When you are on the verge of being finished at the bell, you lost the round.

yep, especially when the first 4 minutes were razor close. even without the near finish the round would have been hard to call.

joe-rogan-questions-everything-image_600_hollywoodjunket-syfy.jpg

(EXCEPT THE SCORING IN THE JONES-GUSTAFSSON FIGHT.)

Gus was dominating that round for the 1st 4 minutes.
Jones turned it around and did more damage. The round definitely goes to Jones but it wasn't one sided.

Meh, pretty strong exageration to say Gus was domination from what I recall, but maybe I should rewatch the round. He had landed more shots but nothing groundbreaking. He took a LOT of damage, not just the elbow but some follow up elbows and kicks after. It looked likely that had the bell not saved him he was done at that point. How can you award him the round, regardless of him edging Jones for the first half of the round?

You're not as smart as you think you are. You also aren't objective, I can guarantee you that.

He is an avid UFC supporter, and I would say the UFC likes their undefeated* champions..

Gus was winning most of the round decisively, and Jones rocked him hard at the end. 10-9 either guy, or 10-10.

Yeah, I thought of it as a 10-10 but I know MMA fans and judges are phobic of it.

Mostly we found out that Jones just isn't as dominant as the UFC pretended. He was just a really big guy who could throw around smaller-framed dudes.

What is with all this robbery talk? What because the black man won all of the sudden it is a robbery? If the white man won, I guess it would just be him doing his job and all on the judges.... smdh sherdog...

trying to hard son. troll a lil more subtle

Damn, Jones limpin'

Dat toe opened back up?

no...

it happens when you have them legs and kick and get kicked.

same thing for the rampage fight, he could barely stand/walk

why gus should have used them more also but his corner didn't say and gus didn't think, something like that at the end of each round would faded jones even more

don't go there man, that had nothing to do with it.

it is a lot of sherdogers don't like jones because he clowned the pride guys nothing more.

lol gus fans.... he nearly was out on his feet and you think it's a 10-10 round?

1,2,3 - gus
4,5 - jones

but damn what a fight! they'll meet again one day

so you think gus won round 4?

NO, the "strikes landed" count is for the entire fight; by Round 4 the total was somewhere around 88-18... and they didn't show it again in Round 5 because they knew it would make the decision look extra bad.

Meh, pretty strong exageration to say Gus was domination from what I recall, but maybe I should rewatch the round. He had landed more shots but nothing groundbreaking. He took a LOT of damage, not just the elbow but some follow up elbows and kicks after. It looked likely that had the bell not saved him he was done at that point. How can you award him the round, regardless of him edging Jones for the first half of the round?

It wasn't on its way to a 10-8 or anything but Gus was piecing him, hitting Jones hard and backing him up. I really felt a momentum swing in Gus' direction....then BAM!

Damn, Jones limpin'

Dat toe opened back up?

Jone's limping is probably due to the amount of kicks he threw. He limped backstage after the Rampage fight too because his shins were sore from all the kicking. Whether it's because of poor kicking technique of the fact that he's not used...who knows.

lol right, most of those head kicks were blocked...Bad decision.

'most' were blocked, fine. He was probably 1/5 per round on average, he threw a ton of head kicks and hit a handful of them. The body kicks were just as if not more significant. Plenty of stiff leg kicks on the knee and thigh as well.

People act like this is boxing. There are ways to strike other than punching someone in the face.

Back