UFC 164 salaries: Mir, Barnett, Benson lead payroll

Everyone knows this except n00bs.

Seriously. It's pretty much known but every thread on fighter pay some noob says something like but but they get these mysterious backroom bonuses and act like it doesn't really happen. I'm sure if you go out there and put on an amazing fight the ufc will take care of you.

Do people seriously believe the UFC is admitting to tax evasion with 'locker room' bonuses? They would be shouting it from the roof tops if they way giving these guys truckloads of cash with all the bad pr they get for paying slave wages.

Do people seriously believe the UFC is admitting to tax evasion with 'locker room' bonuses? They would be shouting it from the roof tops if they way giving these guys truckloads of cash with all the bad pr they get for paying slave wages.

Lol the state athletic commissions are not the IRS. They do not have to report payments made to fighters..

Further more why wouldn't thhey report it to the IRS... it's an expense therefore they don't pay taxes on it. If they don't report it to the IRS they pay taxes on it.

Obviously the fighters get paid in more ways then just a fight purse.. they don't have to report those payments to the athletic commission and I guarantee you every single one of those payments is reported to the IRS. The ufc holds seminars specifically telling fighters to make sure they report all earnings to the IRS.

YOU SIR is an IDIOT. The Champion is got paid 110k, Benson is the champion THAT TIME. Pettis is the challenger. Pettis got a raise after winning the belt. He now gets paid over a 100k according to UFC representatives. When you win a belt, you bump to a 100k fighter and in Pettis' case he might go bump up to 200k with his marketability.

PBF coin there!!

wow Pettis getting half of big Bens salary :/

That's actually low for Barnett. If memory serves me right he was making around 250k a fight in Strikeforce.

LMAO WHAT A JOKE! UFC fighters get paid NOTHING. LW WORLD CHAMPION GETTING 27K PER FIGHT!

The only thing worse than UFC fighter pay is the geeks on Sherdog who condone it. Rampage said it best when the UFC wants to lowball fighters they keep PPV sales private and tell the fighters they didnt sell enough PPVs. When the UFC wants to pretend theyre swallowing boxing they claim to sell a million PPVs. I doubt the UFC has sold more than 100k PPVs in the last 2 years. Paying fighters peanuts and a Ford F-150 pick up truck as backroom bonus is usually enough these days. LMAO. What a joke.

Fighter pay has steadily increased over the past decade.

I should know, as I'm a numbers nerd and big advocate of them getting paid more.

If they simply had kept the same number of fighters on payroll, and kept every show in like 3 difference cities in the States, then it would be expected that they get paid waaay more. Except this is not the case. The sport has grown exponentially in the past decade, which has cost hundreds of millions. The simple fact that the UFC is still taking about massive loans should tell you something.

Danny Garcia $1,000,000 in his last three fights
Anthony Pettis $27,000 without the win and sub bonuses
Same level fighters IMO but Pettis is making chump change

or maybe lower weights are underpaid?

I absolutely agree.

There is no need to take away the HW's hard-earned paycheck in order to pay the lighter guys more. There's enough money stuck between Dana's sofa cushions to go around.

Back