UFC 164 salaries: Mir, Barnett, Benson lead payroll

he just became the champion, he will start making more money soon

Look at what Benson was making. Once Pettis renegotiates his deal he'll be making fat stacks. Plus, I'm sure the ufc gave him a nice bonus. He has the potential to be a star for them

Josh is doing great. Didn't even need to win to make all that green. Good on him.

Oh sorry guise, I forgot that in a sport thats "swallowing boxing" the title contender gets 27 k a fight.

arumsmilejre.gif

UFC is a fucking joke.

Please, tell us how you really feel.

Mendes better get a nice raise when his contract is up.

What Scumbag UFC does is signs guys to NON GUARANTEED 10 fight deals for 20k a fight.

So they get the most out of a fighter before he peaks and can cut him any time they like.

Look at what Benson was making. Once Pettis renegotiates his deal he'll be making fat stacks. Plus, I'm sure the ufc gave him a nice bonus. He has the potential to be a star for them

exactly, benson defended his belt 3 times, pettis will get there soon enough

contracts dont always matter
no way Anderson is fighting 9 or 10 more fights

LMAO WHAT A JOKE! UFC fighters get paid NOTHING. LW WORLD CHAMPION GETTING 27K PER FIGHT!

UFC IS BIGGER THAN SOCCER.
danwhetie.png

UFC IS SWALLOWING BOXING!
Rogan1.png

UFC FIGHTERS GET PAID NOTHING. DANA WHITE IS A LIAR. JOE ROGAN IS AN IDIOT.

arumsmilejre.gif

The only thing worse than UFC fighter pay is the geeks on Sherdog who condone it. Rampage said it best when the UFC wants to lowball fighters they keep PPV sales private and tell the fighters they didnt sell enough PPVs. When the UFC wants to pretend theyre swallowing boxing they claim to sell a million PPVs. I doubt the UFC has sold more than 100k PPVs in the last 2 years. Paying fighters peanuts and a Ford F-150 pick up truck as backroom bonus is usually enough these days. LMAO. What a joke.

YOU SIR is an IDIOT. The Champion is got paid 110k, Benson is the champion THAT TIME. Pettis is the challenger. Pettis got a raise after winning the belt. He now gets paid over a 100k according to UFC representatives. When you win a belt, you bump to a 100k fighter and in Pettis' case he might go bump up to 200k with his marketability.

UFC = u fight cheap.

UFC is not a charity. DANA and the Fertitas backed it to make money for themselves!! Not spreading the wealth among fighters. The fighters are just employees. If they don't like their deal they can walk. Trust me. The fighters do hold a lot of power. IF i'm Weidman I hold out for a guarentee of 2 million for the Silva rematch... Or I refuse to fight. Simple as that. You make it out like the fighters have no bargaining power.

Geez, I can see why these guys are high rollers.

Those salaries are killer.

What is a third of your annual salary?

Pettis salary looks bad here, but thats about it and he's the champ now, so it will be the tip of the iceberg moving forward for him.

PPV % more than likely.

Also, does Rothwell lose his win bonus since he tested positive? I know the win wasn't overturned, but I thought the UFC still didn't award win bonuses when a fighter fails a drug test....I'm curious if they can withhold a bonus when a fighter's win isn't overturned.

I thought it was just the SOTN/KOTN/FOTN bonus that they don't give out till drug tests come back clean. AFAIK, that win bonus is in the contract and is paid straight away before/after the fight, see below link where they got paid within two days

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/...bbed-at-gunpoint-two-days-after-first-ufc-win

Back