• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

U.S. poised to forgive $108 billion in student debt.

Lmao at the complainers. Why would I continue paying something off someone's gonna pay for me.

Look at the people protesting .
Do you think they are paying now

There are some people who honor their debt and work to pay the money they signed up for.

Then other people like the protesters who will never honor any debt .
They will rack up credit cards and never pay them back.

It's more of a culture thing

Government gave too many loans to people who could and would never pay back

Next we will see protest of people just demanding free money
You can't default or bankrupt federal debt. So yes, they are paying it back or their pay checks and tax returns would be raided.

i love it how if enough people make a mistake, it's considered a moral choice to dig them out of the hole they willingly jumped into.

this generation will learn nothing about personal responsibility.

Oh shit, Im about to run out and get some student loans since Im back at school. Taking that shit and doubling it at craps in Vegas! Its a good time to be alive, the govt paying me to gamble?!?!

th

I used some of mine to bootleg a CD version of a band's singles that were only available on vinyl and out of print at the time. :eek::cool:

Good for her, my mom is divorced and really needs some love.

Im not into old women so i cant repay the favor to your mom though, tell her that i only like her as a friend.

only in America do we let a 17-18 year olds finance a house (college education) but make buying a house for adults extremely hard.

You can't default or bankrupt federal debt. So yes, they are paying it back or their pay checks and tax returns would be raided.

And if they work off the books?
Tax returns should be garnished of owed .

Colleges have turned into a 100% for profit business. making money comes before providing an education

The federal protected loans are a scam in itself . banks or schools don't have to worry about defaulted loans because they are federally insured. and the debt will be paid by the government no matter what.

Then tax time the government can tax these schools to make sure they get that federal money back.

The money goes 180.

What pisses me off is I have the GI Bill, but I can't use it to pay off my debt. I only have about 4k in debt, but it seems kind of arbitrary that I could use it to get a bachelors degree, but not to pay of and existing balance that would equal out to the cost of less than a semester.

Good for her, my mom is divorced and really needs some love.

Im not into old women so i cant repay the favor to your mom though, tell her that i only like her as a friend.

Don't worry mate, I have a sister

What pisses me off is I have the GI Bill, but I can't use it to pay off my debt. I only have about 4k in debt, but it seems kind of arbitrary that I could use it to get a bachelors degree, but not to pay of and existing balance that would equal out to the cost of less than a semester.
which is why you attend the most easy, cake JC/CC courses (full time of course) to receive that housing benefit and pay your loans off w/ that

I worked minimum wage jobs and was paying $13,000 per year in tuition and books, and that was back in 2007 to 2011. Are they especially retarded or handicapped that they can't work while going through school?

No you're just mentally handicapped for paying it back.

Seems a bit fucked. I worked nights and went to school days, and paid off my loan over roughly a ten year period. The lack of any struggle in life is making too many people soft, squishy and outright pathetic.

The debt is the struggle, you just think your struggle outweighs theirs.

which is why you attend the most easy, cake JC/CC courses (full time of course) to receive that housing benefit and pay your loans off w/ that

Are you suggesting that he cheat the government and us, the loyal taxpayers, for his economic benefit? For shame.

Are you suggesting that he cheat the government and us, the loyal taxpayers, for his economic benefit? For shame.
where did I suggest that?

he'd be legitimately going to an accredited Junior/Community College on a legit degree plan.....

I just assume he can pay rent now b/c well he's alive and living somewhere. So then the housing stipend of the post 9/11 can go towards his loan debt

I could bring up the staggeringly high number of single mom, welfare recipients that attend school at all time high levels, yet graduate at nearly record low levels....

There's only one explanation for that, IMO. It's entirely related to school being added to the previous Work requirement to receive SW benefits

Back