U.S. Navy ship fired warning shots at Iranian vessels near the Strait of Hormuz

Did you decide to skip over what I had written? It's easy - if he really wanted to send the Iranians a message, he could have voided the nuclear deal he had with them. He could have even looped this in with the long range missile tests that threaten the stability of the region even more than ISIS.

At the very least, he could have made a statement saying treatment of American soldiers like this is unacceptable and would not be tolerated. But no, he sent John Kerry out like a lapdog to thank the Iranians. His weakness made the situation worse.

There are other options he could have done, and they would have been easy to do. He didn't because he's ovulating his way out of office.

There is no point voiding one of the most important nuclear deals in decades because a few people got embarressed.

I'm not going to lie - the threat of a nuclear Iran is potentially the biggest global threat. I hope I'm wrong and this deal actually prevents a nuclear Iran from happening, but I feel I have strong reasons to believe that Iran is just playing us for the fool as they continue their nuclear program. The fact they can do what they did to our soldiers and continue to release those images is clear that they don't respect our leadership.

A nuclear Iran might be the single biggest threat to the world.

You do know that Pakistan (a highly unstable country,which supports the Afghan Taliban),
North Korea (Probably the most repressive communist regime ever,headed by a crazy man)
and India (locked in a Blood Feud with Pakistan) all have Nuclear Weapons?

The "Iran is the biggest threat" stuff, is the most unfounded shit i hear constantly from right-wingers and Democrat Chickenhawks

You do know that Pakistan (a highly unstable country,which supports the Afghan Taliban),
North Korea (Probably the most repressive communist regime ever,headed by a crazy man)

The "Iran is the biggest threat" stuff, is the most unfounded shit i hear constantly from right-wingers and Democrat Chickenhawks

Thank you. I saw that statement and thought the same thing. Pure Israeli hyperbole.

if you are going to cry when captured, why join the army at all? oh, you didn't expect to get captured? tough luck

find another, safer job that doesnt come with a chance of getting shot/injured/captured/tortured/killed - its not like these guys were enlisted..they joined fully aware of the risks..

Iran showing this footage is probably justified in their eyes, considering USA listed them as a terrorist state along side north korea (which USA doesnt give a fuck about) and imposing strict sanctions that fucked their economy

When is John McCain going to apologize for supporting jihadis in Syria? when is he going to apologize for these same rebels selling Americans to ISIS for their gore shows?

Man, im not the one to talk shit about having breakdowns, but i mean these are US sailors, and they are crying over a few hours on detention? maybe they were cutting onions because not even ISIS captives are crying and they are facing horrible deaths.

That's a red herring, my friend. We aren't talking about Obama bowing to the Saudis. We're talking about Obama cowing to a nation that has been unfriendly towards us for decades and is using footage of our sailors to bolster a government that wants to usher in the last days of Islam, as well as causing all sorts of chaos throughout the region (especially Iraq and Syria). Holding hands or bowing to world leaders isn't going to put American men and women serving abroad at risk. Refusing to even address what Iran did to our sailors, then using those images to radicalize tens of millions of Shias, is downright negligent. We don't need absent leadership to deal with this matter.

America is in a far stronger position geopolitically today than it was in 2008, there is no argument against that.

Rail all you want about Obama but the guy is solving decades long troubles in the middle east by pitting Iran against Saudi Arabia, while the Clintons, Bushes and Reagan were pandering to the allmighty petrodollar.

You guys are bipolar retards if you think the only option Obama had on the table was to go to war. There are plenty of avenues he could have taken if he wanted to send a clear message, the easiest being tearing up the nuclear deal with Iran. There are other options on the table. Don't be purposely obtuse.

So what happens when Iran goes back to enriching? what happens if Russia and China decide to keep doing business with Iran? What happens when a collapse of Iran causes jihadis in Syria, Yemen and other places to run around unchecked?

So again, what should be done about it?

Its the fact that it happened at all that is the problem. Especially considering the historic deal made with our new friend Iran.
It's a slap in the face..a total sign of disrespect, and it illustrates that they have no intention of keeping their end of the bargain.

Its the fact that it happened at all that is the problem. Especially considering the historic deal made with our new friend Iran.
It's a slap in the face..a total sign of disrespect, and it illustrates that they have no intention of keeping their end of the bargain.

Thats probably the reason why it happened the republican guard hates that deal since it undermines their influence on Iranian politics.

Glad somebody said it.

Btw millennials...the world is not fair and equitable. We are supposed to be the world hegemony here. We go where we want when we want. Sure, some popcorn fart country can't get away with the same thing, but that's life. When they encountered the sailors, they should have informed them they were not authorized to be there and send them on their way out of respect.

Btw millennials...the world is not fair and equitable. We are supposed to be the world hegemony here. We go where we want when we want. Sure, some popcorn fart country can't get away with the same thing, but that's life. When they encountered the sailors, they should have informed them they were not authorized to be there and send them on their way out of respect.

Indeed, and the world hegemony is maintained by a combination of force and diplomacy.

Otherwise you will be embroiled in a myriad of bogs that quickly drain away the resources of a nation.

This is exactly the attitude that justifies Iran's reasoning. Merkuh, we do what we want when we want. We're the big kid on the playground who can dish it when we're picking on the little kids, but the moment one of those kids bucks up, we cry to mama about how wronged we were.

Lol @ falsedawn, malcontent, murica hater. We are or at least were the world hegemony...that's just a fact. And ill add a relatively altruistic one and a force for good. America was built on noble ideas my friend...i for one would like to stay on top. Maybe those muricans on the bottom want to drag the rest down. Im not about that.

Here's what republicans don't understand. When Bush was President, if Iran had captured US sailors, they would have been held for weeks. That's because we were calling the the axis of evil and being hostile. Now that Obama has opened the door to a peaceful resolution, he got our sailors released in less than 24 hours.

That's fucking progress, and you morons want us to flex our biceps and piss them off for no reason other than you don't like how the media handled things.

Obama's government got captured sailors released in less than a day safely, and he's weak on foreign policy? What insane worldview do you have to think what happened was worse? And even if we had a tough talking
President in office, Iran would still have taken the sailors. Obama didn't have anything to do with it. They would have done it under Bush, Reagan, Clinton, Jackson

There are plenty of avenues he could have taken if he wanted to send a clear message, the easiest being tearing up the nuclear deal with Iran.
What a moronic post. First, we couldn't tear up the deal. The international sanctions were falling apart, we didn't have the ability to keep all those in place. Second, we shouldn't have torn up the deal. It was better than how things had been going.

There's a big difference between imprisoning a civilian who is breaking religious law and what Iran did with these sailors.
You mean release them incredibly quickly as compared to pretty much every other incident? They kept the brit sailors for a couple of weeks.

Here's what republicans don't understand. When Bush was President, if Iran had captured US sailors, they would have been held for weeks. That's because we were calling the the axis of evil and being hostile. Now that Obama has opened the door to a peaceful resolution, he got our sailors released in less than 24 hours.

That's fucking progress, and you morons want us to flex our biceps and piss them off for no reason other than you don't like how the media handled things.

Obama's government got captured sailors released in less than a day safely, and he's weak on foreign policy? What insane worldview do you have to think what happened was worse? And even if we had a tough talking
President in office, Iran would still have taken the sailors. Obama didn't have anything to do with it. They would have done it under Bush, Reagan, Clinton, Jackson

Good post. Prior to renewed relations with Iran, they would have been held for years and used as pawns, not just a propaganda commercial.

Good post. Prior to renewed relations with Iran, they would have been held for years and used as pawns, not just a propaganda commercial.

Obama bashers drive me insane. They act like he's the worst President we've ever had. He came into office with 2 insane wars and an economy in a horrible position. From there, he's managed to fix our economy, strengthen our relations with foreign nations, and start the process to get us out of the middle east. To call him a terrible President, you really have to ignore all the facts. There are things he's done that I don't like. I'm not a huge fan of Obamacare, but I don't think it's going to ruin our nation.

The military is as strong as it's ever been. Obama didn't weaken it. He didn't reduce it's capabilities. He is bringing us into the 21st century where technology and capabilities matter more than raw numbers. That's something people like Cruz and Rubio don't get. They talk about the smallest Navy since whenever, but they forget that our smaller Navy is more capable than the larger one we used to have.

As far as our relationship with Iran, it's been testy for decades. People forget that Iran hates the United States because the CIA did a bunch of shady shit to overthrow their democratically elected President. They are independent enough to call the US out on it's bullshit. We've been meddling in Middle Eastern politics since WWII and Iran knows that. I honestly think it's in our best interests to make nice with Iran and turn them into an ally in the region. Yes, I realize they are a state-sponsor of terrorism. So we can either crush them or turn them in a different path. I prefer to turn them into an ally so we can use them to control the region. Muslims will never listen to Kuwaitis or Israelis. We need a strong brown leader, and Iran fits the bill. If we get them on our side, their bullshit will stop. As long as we are calling them the Axis of Evil and are at war on two sides of their country (Ever notice what nation is sandwiched between Afghanistan and Iraq?), they will be a thorn in our side.

That's just my experience.

Last edited:
Back