News Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk rescheduled for May 18 in Saudi Arabia

Who wins?

• Total voters
Fury is in camp and looking lean:

82673243-13217853-image-m-31_1710923739134.jpg

He still look rounded in the video

I'm expecting a significantly better Fury against Usyk. The big money fight is Fury-AJ opposed to Usyk-AJ III, so Fury will probably be getting the scorecard advantage.

I'm expecting a significantly better Fury against Usyk. The big money fight is Fury-AJ opposed to Usyk-AJ III, so Fury will probably be getting the scorecard advantage.
Fury looks to be in good shape now so I'm also expecting a much better Fury as well. I still don't think it'll be enough though. He's the A-side in this fight but Usyk is the one that's signed with the Saudis (Skill Challenge Entertainment). Who really knows how the cards might look? We already saw Fury nearly drop a decision to Ngannou and Usyk edged AJ in their Saudi rematch. In both fights there was that one judge that scored it for the other guy but that's typical to see in boxing regardless of location.

I hope that there's no controversy with the reffing or judging. Undisputed heavyweight champion is the most prestigious title in the sport. So, they need to get it right. Imagine waiting as long as we have, over 20 years, just for the result to be marred by bullshit. I imagine the Saudis wouldn't be pleased, either.

What's everyone think about the size difference? Is Fury going to be able to maul Usyk like he did Wilder or can Usyk keep his feet going and manage the distance?

What's everyone think about the size difference? Is Fury going to be able to maul Usyk like he did Wilder or can Usyk keep his feet going and manage the distance?

Usyk has better footwork than Wilder and is much faster and agile than Wilder, so I don't expect him to get pinned and leaned on. Unless he is forcing the action himself and finds himself in the clinch with Fury tying him and inside fighting.

i mean, people say this a lot about Usyk but he is more about little feints than being particularly nimble on his feet, i think we may see a rather conservative4 fight in the first few rounds

i mean, people say this a lot about Usyk but he is more about little feints than being particularly nimble on his feet, i think we may see a rather conservative4 fight in the first few rounds
yeah both Fury and Usyk arent really known as blitzers. itll probably take until the 3rd or 4th round before we start seeing the action really get underway.
this fight might set a HW record for feints hah

yeah both Fury and Usyk arent really known as blitzers. itll probably take until the 3rd or 4th round before we start seeing the action really get underway.
this fight might set a HW record for feints hah
nothing will ever beat the stare-fest that was Klitschko v Fury

Elbows, low blows, headbutts, rabbit punches, so many options. In all seriousness I could see points being taken from him for trying to fight very dirty. He's already had points taken several times in his career.

This has been my concerns for this fight for a while now. The ref is gonna need to be firm because I can absolutely see fury pulling all the dirty tricks when he realises he can’t outbox usyk. Whatever concessions each team gives prior to the fight, usyks team need to be absolutely sure the ref is gonna be strong and keep it within the rules

Last edited:
So no Wilder vs Zhang then.

Wilder spent his whole career avoiding contenders and dangerous fights. Only stepped up when he thought he was facing damaged goods. There was no way this fight was gonna happen, I’m surprised anyone believed this rumour. Eddie Hearn said this was all nonsense about a month ago

Fury coming in very lean (relative to his usual fight weight). To me that means he’s gonna look to out box usyk on the outside and no doubt tie him up when he’s within reach. That’s his best chance to me, light and quick but he still has the size to outmuscle usyk when he needs to.

He’s also gonna have to work much harder than in any other fight he’s previously been in. Coming in heavy for this fight would’ve be a terrible mistake imo

Fury gonna come in lean and not be able to take the hits. could be Cunningham 2.0. We like to credit his chin but a lot of that was helped by his weigh

Fury gonna come in lean and not be able to take the hits. could be Cunningham 2.0. We like to credit his chin but a lot of that was helped by his weigh
I think his chin will be the same regardless of whether or not he comes in lighter than usual. We're only talking a difference of maybe 15 pounds or so at most. Against Klitschko he came in at 247 lbs. More recently against Wallin he only weighed 254 lbs.

Back