• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
I was been coming from Power Slap fanhood, and definitely the battle was switching me to boxing-curious individual. Though I no care much about other battle if no gimmick was been involve as of the date today.

Irregardless, this was been great step for the growing sport of Boxing and I wishfully hope it will gain many click and view, even if only 1/10 that of the billions the also growing sport of Power Slap was been accrue over the course of the lifetime of itself. (with even 1/10 it will surpass either NHL, NBA, NFL, or MLB for social media popularity due to #SocialMediaExplosion on part of Power Slap)

This is not true. Either put up your nonexistent list or shut up. This list should be easy to compile if it were true.
The list of phantom fighters ? Lol

You either got to be trolling or not that bright at this point ? How can we have a list when your telling to name only gold medalists,do you think they give them out like candy ? You can only have a few at a time in any era this has currently 4 , if you don’t understand this you simply aren’t normal .

Olympic boxing participants usually are about 286 boxers it’s now just under 250 because they want quality control and want limited numbers from difference countries this isn’t showing disinterest in boxing it’s the opposite and has a full schedule for decades so how about you show me actual proof boxing Olympics is dying like you claim ? Lol

Which speaks to the racist appetite of American consumers and UFC’s inability to promote fighters outside of the great white hype (McGregor) and the dangerous black savage (Jones).

They deserve to miss out on billions of dollars until they fix the institutional racism embedded in their business model.

@colorles @haj02
The UFC didn't really do much to promote McGregor, he did all that himself. He had a lot of hype behind him even prior to coming to the UFC. If anything the UFC didn't even know what to really do with him at all and how to promote him differently despite his numbers being crazy. And if you think McGregor being White was the only variable that was important to him being a huge star then you're delusional position isn't even worth dignifying with a response.

The fact that you bring these sophomoric, vapid, first year Sociology arguments to this forum is beyond hilarious. Especially since you're focused on race and not Capitalism and economic environment that creates such a system demonstrates to me exactly how puerile and undeveloped your understanding of society at large is.

But alas, this is how corny and lame this forum has become. For that I do blame Conor.

Naw. MMA fans and boxing fans just love to stick it to each other.
  • MMA fans mocked boxing fans when Artem Lobov outhustled Paulie Malignaggi in a bare knuckle match.
  • Boxing fans mock MMA fans after every Paul victory.
  • MMA fans are now doing the mocking again.
This will blow over in a few days. To quote ESPN, "Everyone thought this was a money fight...except Ngannou."

But hey. Good for Ngannou. I hope he is enjoying this through and through.
The funny thing is both exceed when they are shown on the same night more fans tend to tune in to both or have an interest in one or other they don’t even know what they’re arguing over . Lol

I watch 3 events usually on the same day/ night UFC , boxing on multiple platforms sometimes Bellator etc …even arm wrestling if there’s an event . I got 2 T.Vs on and my I pad I see it all .

He is the 3rd biggest name in HW boxing right now and rising.
Above Usyk, Ruiz, Zhang and even Wilder.

How hard is it for a promoter? Ngannou would be the best option (moneywise) for anyone who can't have Joshua or Fury.

You know this because.....reasons. How you feel about Francis may or may not translate into ppv buys.

Had a feeling that a MegaThread would be coming...

Merging everything into this one thread means we can't get updates from the title before clicking a thread.

No one is gonna scroll through 1900 posts to keep up to date about this.

I respect Sherdog's decision, but I just wanted to share my 2 cents as a long time user.

These MEGA Threads kill the forum.

Ngannou would likely find wilder a considerably easier opponent than fury.

Wilder doesn't have the chin that ngannou has and unlike ngnanou, wilder has been knocked out and knocked down ih two consecutive fights and has a lot more wear and tear on his chin than ngannou has. So ngannou can likely take wilder's punch but wilder cannot take ngannou's punch. And given that ngannou's counter punching is proven now to be not only good enough to make him ufc mma champion, but is good enough to consistently get to one of the world's two most elusive heavyweight champions. Wilder qho has far less in his defensive game would be a sitting duck by comparison to ngannou's counters.
Wilder would drop frank.. I've watched boxing over 25 yrs and I've never seen a straight right like Wilders!!

If he lands clean frank goes down. Wilder has dropped every single man that he has ever fought, you think frank would be any different?

Nothing shows frank takes that right hand when everyone deontay has hit with it has hit the deck. That around 46 different guys. Frank might get up but he goes down at least once in thar fight.

Wilder is faster,more accurate and athletic with a really good 1-2.

Styles make fights and Wilder is a bad match-up. He doesn't rely on clinching like fury but movement and timing

Explain what you base this on. Wilder puts people in the shadow realm when he touches them.
He says that because he is a mma fan

Frank the guy that has ko'd 12 guys out of 17 wins compared to wilder who has knocked out everyone he has ever fought minus fury.

Wilder is also eminently hittable as well. And ngannou is a world class counter puncher so as wilder comes in, he Will definitely eat ngannou's counter and his own chin will not be able tp endure it.

World class counter puncher is wishful thinking, bud, If he fights again we’ll see where he’s really at.
I know you are totally sold on Francis, good for you. He needs to prove it in the ring,

Fury was afraid to engage Francis. That should tell you all you need to know about his power. A grazing shot from Francis put Fury on his ass.

He wasn't stunned. Ngannou backed off after miocic managed to hit him and mioici made the big mistake kf thinking ngammou was stunned and immediately moved forward to end the fight. And walked into the sweetest check hook counter that dropped him unconscious flat on his back. If he were stunned, ngannou wouldn't have been able to execute that.

People always think that ngannou is the windmilling gung ho attack type but actually he likes to sit back and wait for his opponent to come in to attack and them he counters them. So wilder will play right into his hands as wilder will attack him and thats what ngannou's gam prefers.

Lewis and ngannou was probably the most boring uneventful mma fight ever because (1) nganou has just lost to miocic and was suffering from low confidence as he doubted himself after thta shock loss (2) Lewis didn't attack him but held back and so both were essentially wanting the other to attack. Lewis barely won only because he was slightly more active than ngannou but they barely registered any hits on each other
As u say wilder will definitely not stand bsck and he will attack whihc again is precisely what ngannou wants.
Wilder doesn't lead a lot he counters with the lead right or the 1-2 just like in both Ortiz fight or breazeale & the helanus fight

You know this because.....reasons. How you feel about Francis may or may not translate into ppv buys.
You seem to know the opposite for...reasons.

Please let me know how guys like Ruiz, Wilder, Usyk perform in PPV when they are not facing Fury or Joshua.
Indicators like google trends or Instagram followers, while not perfect, put Ngannou far above any HW not named Joshua or Fury.

It's possible wilder will manage to connect with one of his infamous crosses on ngannou first but wilders defence isn't anything to shout about and ngannou is expert at the counter and will equally likely connect flush with his check hook as wilder connects. Ngannou will likely be the winner from that collision of immovable object vs irresistible force because he has never even been stunned let alone been rocked while wilder has been ko by fury alone twice consecutively.
Straights beat hookers brother. Wilder beats him with straight punches and being faster. Franks only good punch is his left hook/uppercut. It's always his left hand

Last edited:
The list of phantom fighters ? Lol

You either got to be trolling or not that bright at this point ? How can we have a list when your telling to name only gold medalists,do you think they give them out like candy ? You can only have a few at a time in any era this has currently 4 , if you don’t understand this you simply aren’t normal .

Olympic boxing participants usually are about 286 boxers it’s now just under 250 because they want quality control and want limited numbers from difference countries this isn’t showing disinterest in boxing it’s the opposite and has a full schedule for decades so how about you show me actual proof boxing Olympics is dying like you claim ? Lol

Ok. So no list. Got it lol

You're probably right in that a fight between those two wouldn't last beyind the first round as both will go for tbe knockout but neither will be able to avoid the others punch so I the end the one with the strongest chin wil win and that's ngannou.
Frank has 12 kos in 17 wins.. wilder has dropped and stopped everyone minus fury and he still has dropped him 4 times who do you think hits harder?

I think all the back and forth about Wilder VS Ngannou is already proving how compelling that match up is.

Wilder has power but what happens when he meets his cryptonite -- a Ford Focus? =)
The guy with only 12kos in 17 wins? Against the guy that's knocked out everyone minus fury whom he still dropped 4 times

Back