Tyron Woodley vs. Nate Diaz in the Works For UFC 219

Who Wins?

• Total voters
I don't understand why this fight would even be thought of... by anyone, let alone being booked. This is a horseshit idea, lot's of those have been going around the UFC lately.

It's awful because there are so many deserving people at WW. Like if you look at guys on the brink of contender fights like Usman and Colvington. If you look at Lawler and RDA either of whom could easily get a title shot if they look impressive in their bout.

It's also just a bizarre matchup. IF you are going to throw Nate into a main event against Conor because of the rubber match and the feud it's one thing but Woodley and Nate seem to just be a strange, strange pairing.

I love MMA too much. While this is a fucking debacle of epic proportions, I've been watching MMA since cards were dirt cheap and had to wait months for an ordering opportunity; when a Wednesday night spike TV card was fucking epic. I can't quit this sport but man this is a fucking joke.
I'm in the exact same boat. I just can't stop watching.

I've never been as disappointed in the sport (read: UFC) as I have when someone rumored that a) Diaz was starting a training camp, and 2) it could be Woodley. I've been watching this stuff for 22 years, since UFC 6, and this is just an entirely new level of ugh. I've survived bad/undeserved title shots, mismatches, bad marketing, dumb moves, and horrible PPVs that I wish I could have gotten my money back for. With this, I don't have enough reaction gifs to show how much I loathe this potential matchup.

But enough to quit? It saddens me, really. I love MMA. I watch Coker fuck up bellator monthly with shit matchups and a damn ramp.

It's awful because there are so many deserving people at WW. Like if you look at guys on the brink of contender fights like Usman and Colvington. If you look at Lawler and RDA either of whom could easily get a title shot if they look impressive in their bout.

It's also just a bizarre matchup. IF you are going to throw Nate into a main event against Conor because of the rubber match and the feud it's one thing but Woodley and Nate seem to just be a strange, strange pairing.

Seriously... Just give RDA the damn fight.

funny-pictures-humor-complaints-department-cockroach.jpg

tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif

Didnt Woodley said something about this making his name Legendary tho? Nate has like 13 loses....Doesnt sound legendary at all.

I love MMA too much. While this is a fucking debacle of epic proportions, I've been watching MMA since cards were dirt cheap and had to wait months for an ordering opportunity; when a Wednesday night spike TV card was fucking epic. I can't quit this sport but man this is a fucking joke.
Man the Spike cards used to be the shit!!!

But enough to quit? It saddens me, really. I love MMA. I watch Coker fuck you bellator monthly with shit matchups and a damn ramp.
Yeah, I thought about it all day today. It's bad enough to make me want to bail and move on to something else. I love MMA too, I can't imagine what my weekly schedule would be like without it. Although, I got to the point in my MMA watching where I would actually watch other cards live over Bellator (AXS shows, what's up) because of how bad that one got. That "heavyweight" tournament they have over there grosses me out too, so it's really a combination of factors completely souring me from MMA lately, but this would be the straw that broke the camel's back. Even 217 and FN Norfolk couldn't save it.

I just heard the only people willing to fight woodley on that short of notice was marquart and Nate Diaz and woodley said no fucking way he’d fight marquart again.

Cuz this shit makes complete sense.

Yup, more than likely.

I am sure Rogan and co will say ''Woodley is great at takedowns but Nate has great BJJ on the ground'' blah blah blah blah, but will fail to mention that Nate has been controlled so many times on the ground by basic wrestlers. I mean even guys like Gray Maynard and Clay Guida gave him an ass whopping on the ground. .

Nate's bjj would be meaningless on the ground against someone on Woodley's level but I actually think Maynard and Guida are two of the guys who had significant trouble with Nate. Gray was beating him up good in the TUF fight but then got subbed for his trouble...then second fight was nervous to go to the ground with him and had an ugly, ugly brawl that he barely won and then got knocked out by him in the rubber match.

Guida did his usual Guida thing well but even though he was slamming and scooping Nate up with authority, Nate still gave him some problems and it was a split decision fight.

Woodley is much bigger and better than those guys though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geezo75
Back