• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tyron Woodley vs. Nate Diaz in the Works For UFC 219

Who Wins?

• Total voters
there Isn't much of a difference between either Diaz bro at this point from where I'm sitting. Nate's In his prime. The biggest distinguishing factor before was their boxing, Nick's was always on a different level. That Isn't really the case anymore.

Nate stepped up his hands a lot since the MJ fight , I'd say the difference between the two on the feet Is negligible. Slightly different styles as Andre ward eluded to. Otherwise they possess almost all the same attributes. Iron chin, endless cardio, extremely tenacious boxers, great bottom game.

Nate poses the same stylistic threat that Nick would have, except I believe Nate has always been slightly more crafty with his jiu jitsu.

Overall this Is a good fight and hopefully after all Is said and done, people will re evaluate where they rank Nate Diaz.

It's painful to see how horribly he's been underrated just because of a dislike towards Conor.

He's Improved leaps and bounds over the last few years but people still act like he's the same fighter who got stopped by thompson and bendo 5 years ago.

Sorry, but fighters actually evolve over time.

That said, I understand the wanting a sort of hierarchy of deservedness..but who else Is there really for Woodley to fight. If It's not GSP, there's really nobody else. Nobody wants to see woodley covington. So, you can understand why the UFC would make such a decision.

I get your point but by the same token, are people clamoring to see Nate vs. Woodley? How many more buys would that as a main event notch more than Covington. Diaz brothers are like cult icons. They are loved by the hardcores for their styles and toughness but they are not known for bringing in the numbers. WME and co can only hope that Nate's two bouts with Conor made him a draw in and of himself.

I feel he is underrated too and that he has stepped things up. But it's tough to know because look how inactive he has been the past couple of years. If anything, I sort of resent the notion that he would just get rewarded with a title shot after sitting on the sidelines until he gets a massive payday. There's guys out there fighting every three months and looking to earn their shot/spot. Nate just talked about not coming back for anything other than seven figures, etc. While other guys were getting the wins that should prime them for a title fight on a big ppv, Nate was mainly just talking about his expectations and demands.

If you don't like this, tell Tyron on Twitter. He actually reads the shit people tweet at him. And he cares enough to actually get mad over it. So if thousands of people bombard him with "this is a fucking joke, no one wants to see your lame ass lay on a bloated LW journeyman for 5 rounds" maybe his frail ego will be damaged enough to think twice about pursuing that fight.

Probably not but at the very least he deserves some hate.

I just dont get why they wouldnt do Nate vs Ferguson? It would sell just as well, actually kind of make sense, they can sell Ferguson as defending the interim belt because Conor is suspended and it would be a way better fight.

there Isn't much of a difference between either Diaz bro at this point from where I'm sitting. Nate's In his prime. The biggest distinguishing factor before was their boxing, Nick's was always on a different level. That Isn't really the case anymore.

Nate stepped up his hands a lot since the MJ fight , I'd say the difference between the two on the feet Is negligible. Slightly different styles as Andre ward eluded to. Otherwise they possess almost all the same attributes. Iron chin, endless cardio, extremely tenacious boxers, great bottom game.

Nate poses the same stylistic threat that Nick would have, except I believe Nate has always been slightly more crafty with his jiu jitsu.

Overall this Is a good fight and hopefully after all Is said and done, people will re evaluate where they rank Nate Diaz.

It's painful to see how horribly he's been underrated just because of a dislike towards Conor.

He's Improved leaps and bounds over the last few years but people still act like he's the same fighter who got stopped by thompson and bendo 5 years ago.

Sorry, but fighters actually evolve over time.

That said, I understand the wanting a sort of hierarchy of deservedness..but who else Is there really for Woodley to fight. If It's not GSP, there's really nobody else. Nobody wants to see woodley covington. So, you can understand why the UFC would make such a decision.
Both Diaz bros are very good fighters with blatant and well known weaknesses that they never address.

They crumple under leg kicks and dominant wrestling. Nate especially. They also lack the offensive wrestling to properly threaten with their BJJ. They always go in with the same game plan and rely solely on toughness when they get outclassed.

They have great talent but never learn.

That isn't the issue tho. It's not about how good Nate is. It's the fact that he gets a fucking title shot off of fights with Conor and inactivity.

This is just stupid. Tyrone duckly ducking legit competition? Lol

7Vfs9S7.gif

I just dont get why they wouldnt do Nate vs Ferguson? It would sell just as well, actually kind of make sense, they can sell Ferguson as defending the interim belt because Conor is suspended and it would be a way better fight.
Exactly!

Ferg vs Nate = Possibly best fight ever and amazing style match up
Nate vs Tyron = Possibly worst fight ever and horrible style match up

Plus, the Nate vs Ferg fight settles the McGregor sweepstakes, atleast until he gets back. Tyrun must be driving a hard bargain "I ain't fighting any other fighter other than GSP, Diaz or Conor. I want my pay day."

My thoughts exactly. This is a ridiculous decision if they go ahead with it.

Leave it to woodley to take the easy route. Probably the only guy that can fight a Diaz bro and still have a boring fight

I read a different report saying that the fight being made is Tony vs Nate for the undisputed LW title as a replacement for Conor being pulled as a fight that had already been signed. I didn’t see a reputable source, and didnt believe either were in condition for a fight 6 weeks away.

If you don't like this, tell Tyron on Twitter. He actually reads the shit people tweet at him. And he cares enough to actually get mad over it. So if thousands of people bombard him with "this is a fucking joke, no one wants to see your lame ass lay on a bloated LW journeyman for 5 rounds" maybe his frail ego will be damaged enough to think twice about pursuing that fight.

Lmao yeah he's always replying.

Leave it to woodley to take the easy route. Probably the only guy that can fight a Diaz bro and still have a boring fight

I can't give the guy too much flack as he was an active champ and crushed Lawler before beating both Wonderboy and Maia- two very credible people. Not emphatic wins over Thompson and did not put himself out there much against a guy he was a stylistic nightmare for in Maia but still- those are serious contenders he beat.

I'm actually not mad.

Yes its stupid, yes its a freakshow fight, yes its a squash match for the belt, yes it will be driven by fake WWF drama, yes Nate is being rewarded for waiting around forever, yes i hate all of those things.

Thing for me is that none of the real contenders are being hurt for it. RDA vs. Robbie winner will still get their shot, Till and Colby arent ready for primetime yet and Wonderboy has already had two opportunities.

The UFC is truly desperate for a headliner here and if the alternative is canning the event, i guess i can live with it. Its better than shit WMMA headliners, which is what was rumored.

Tony vs. Nate would be better but that is still a dumb fight too. I don't know if I will buy it, this fight isnt worth payig for but Condit is my favorite fighter so we'll see.

I can just about guarantee this PPV doesn't crack 100k lmao

That’s almost a good enough reason for me to make an account, just to troll the fuck out of woodley about tbis

I read a different report saying that the fight being made is Tony vs Nate for the undisputed LW title as a replacement for Conor being pulled as a fight that had already been signed. I didn’t see a reputable source, and didnt believe either were in condition for a fight 6 weeks away.
Now that would make sense, even from a timing perspective with Conor 'being pulled from 219 (per Mazulli)'. This is just hot garbage and going to be a massacre. Plus, 155 in 6 weeks gives me pause for Nate's case, as he is currently looking like he is near 200.

Back