Tyron Woodley: "Johny Hendricks' PR mistake led to UFC 192 matchup"

I still have no idea how Hendricks does it with those T-Rex arms.

I thought the same until someone on here brought it to my attention.

69 inches = 5"9. Not really T-Rex when it's on par with your height.

I never usually say this, but go Hendricks. It's hard to be a fan of him.

I thought the same until someone on here brought it to my attention.

69 inches = 5"9. Not really T-Rex when it's on par with your height.
Reach is on average height plus two inches.

So yeah his reach is short. Not incredibly short or anything, but it's certainly below average.

"PR mistake" and "Jonny Hendricks" are so often found in the same sentence...

I think Woodley's explosiveness might surprise Hendricks a bit and I'm not sure Hendricks can handle that. We'll see.

This fight has all the potential to be boring as hell. And please someone let Woodley know that a Harden beard doesn't go with a Prince moustache.

I don't get it but Hendricks will win by boring lnp decision.

I'm glad these guys are fighting.

I get to see one lose, the other win in likely boring fashion, and hopefully neither get anywhere near the belt for a while.

Reach is on average height plus two inches.

So yeah his reach is short. Not incredibly short or anything, but it's certainly below average.

nope. reach on average is the same as your height. +2 is +2.

Right ?

He had me going for a while there........:icon_lol:
Dude. I'm right, trust me.

It IS a known thing in boxing. If you want stats here's some, though they are for wingspan and of very tall basketball players:

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?page=averages

All players I see there have wingspans greater than height. Now I'm not sure how wingspan compares to reach, but the wingspan/height difference is simply too much for reach to equal height.

But more relevant, I actually years back took Boxrec's top p4p list and calculated the average height to reach gap. I wanted to confirm or disprove the boxing adage. Reach was very close to 2" more than height, so the adage was confirmed.

I don't know why the hell someone would claim I made that up. To call someone incorrect is one thing, to say they made sonething up is just being an ass.

Last edited:
Back