two guys with limited (or rather bjj) training settling it on th parking lot.

I believe the guy in the blue shirt may have had 1-5 months of bjj training! Kind of hard to tell on the tape. He did some stupid things but some time when the adrenaline is flowing you forget what you learn. The other guy looked like a better striker than most guys that don't trained and seemed like an ok athlete.

I see the tape and think to myself I could take these guys being that I am fairly strong and a 1 stripe blue. That being said I have not fought in such a long time so who knows!

I would like to add that the guy did use his guard and even used to turtle. Who said the turtle is not effective in a street fight. Every position in bjj can be effective in a street fight and that includes the good old turtle.

To be quite honest, that fight was not fast, scary, or out of control in any way.

Really that was a challenge match fought in a parking lot. That does qualify as a street fight, but it's definitely not any kind of serious self-defense situation. I mean, the one guy tapped out and the other one respected it. That's not serious.

It seemed as if the two guys knew each other and may have even been friends.

LOL, yeah, nothing scary about someone dropping knees on your head while your held down or attempting to soccer kick someone in the head.....

Yup. You're right.:icon_chee

LOL, yeah, nothing scary about someone dropping knees on your head while your held down or attempting to soccer kick someone in the head.....

Yup. You're right.:icon_chee

It's certainly not a situation I'd want to be in.

i dunno if people relize that streetfights arent the same as rolling during class

What makes you say that? That was first day white belt level grappling there. Maybe 1 month for the blue shirt guy.

The two attempts at a De La Riva Sweep, very tight top control from side. Decent punch, kick combo's and the fact that these guys are obvious fighters.

1st day.....1 month my ass.

Street fights are unpredictable so they're dangerous. People spaz out hardcore. Yes, training can help, but it's not going to guarantee you kick ass in a streetfight

that was a good fight, looked like the 1 guy that won knew jiu jitsu, the other guy was just a strong dude that had a good base, why u guys talkin shit, that's what a street fight looks like, maybe too much ufc got u use to lay n pray and too much bjj tournies get u guys too used to thinking that bjj is all about pullin 50/50

dope vid ts

The two attempts at a De La Riva Sweep, very tight top control from side. Decent punch, kick combo's and the fact that these guys are obvious fighters.

1st day.....1 month my ass.

these people think you are going to roll smoothly and effortlessly in a street fight against a huge dude with a good base, i bet the guy that won has at least a few years training, he controlled that guy really well when he was spazzing oh and he had to deal with eye gouging and many other illegal moves, mad props to that dude

I believe the guy in the blue shirt may have had 1-5 months of bjj training! Kind of hard to tell on the tape. He did some stupid things but some time when the adrenaline is flowing you forget what you learn. The other guy looked like a better striker than most guys that don't trained and seemed like an ok athlete.

I see the tape and think to myself I could take these guys being that I am fairly strong and a 1 stripe blue. That being said I have not fought in such a long time so who knows!

I would like to add that the guy did use his guard and even used to turtle. Who said the turtle is not effective in a street fight. Every position in bjj can be effective in a street fight and that includes the good old turtle.

blah blah blah, as a 1 stripe blue, i can confidently say that you dont know what the fuck is goin on in that video, this forum is fuckin annoying, why the fuck do i keep coming back

that was a pretty sweet flip off of the back to retain control, never seen that in BJJ

LOL at all you talking about them being "pussies" with no skill and "white belt at best" and blah, blah, blah.....

I can get behind the "they are stupid for fighting like that" talk, but not many on this board would beat either of those two guys in a fight.

this, all these posts im reading just make me think keyboard warrior

i bet you alot of browns and purples on this forum would get their ass whooped by the wrestler dude, why?

BECAUSE ALL U DO IS TRAIN BJJ UNDER A SET OF RULES THAT PROTECT YOU!

when u have someone in your guard during training, if they r postured up for 1 second then u r doing it wrong, or if they stand up in your guard, u r doing it wrong, understand?

u all need to learn what bjj is about and not just its sport application, that video was a nice display of bjj, he wasnt a blackbelt but he used his bjj to stay alive, he didnt get gnp and he was able to reverse and unleash some nasty knees, punches and head butts

blah blah blah, as a 1 stripe blue, i can confidently say that you dont know what the fuck is goin on in that video, this forum is fuckin annoying, why the fuck do i keep coming back

You come back because it's 30x more intelligent than the other forums.

As a probationary blackbelt with Team Garcia, I can tell you that you don't know what's going on in that video

You come back because it's 30x more intelligent than the other forums.

As a probationary blackbelt with Team Garcia, I can tell you that you don't know what's going on in that video

Team Garcia? oh ok ur right im wrong, im sorry for questioning u guys, i get nervous when u guys r around

spitting was unnecessary. i pretty sure he didnt make it home that night for spam.
also this video was missing kimbo.

spitting was unnecessary. i pretty sure he didnt make it home that night for spam.
also this video was missing kimbo.

well he's lucky that guy didn't just crank the fuck out of his back and neck

That was a good fight, glad nobody got hurt.

Suprised the guy on the bottom didn't gouge the shit out of his eyes.

Back