Television TV Show Thread

Thanks man, I never knew it existed. I never watched Warehouse 13 either, as I tend to avoid most SCi-fi channel shows. All the good ones get cancelled it seems.

Anyway, I just watched the first few episodes of Eureka, it's exactly what I was looking for. It feels like a 90's/early 2000's Trek/Stargate vibe, just more silly. It came out just before all the nihilistic/PC crap that took over pretty much every sci-fi show recently. Lot's of hot women, who are good characters too, something else in short supply sci-wise wise too.

Let me know what you think of it when you finished it.
For me it was a pleasant surprise.

Devs. I highly approve, starts off slow, but picks up.

watch it.

@Madmick , this might be up your alley too.

I am not okay with this

On Netflix is fucking great

Anyone think Altered Carbon is a good show ?
I'm looking for a good sci fi show.

Weird, because it gets an 8.1 on IMDB.

Shows tend to get better ratings than movies on imdb because only fans who've watched a whole season go vote. Those who watched a bit and gave up because it sucked dont. Movies on the other hand only take two hours so your not as likely to give up. Anyways I watched the first season and while the idea is cool and the visuals everything else isn't.

Eight episodes into THE OUTSIDER. Loved the first 3 episodes but it just plateaued after the 3rd episode. It dragged but wasn't annoying or boring but still a lot of uneventful episodes which could have been condensed.

You can tell it's Stephen King by the way the protagonist group slowly band together. I would go as to say that THE OUTSIDER is like a modern version of IT.
The first episode was good but I’ve gradually come to the conclusion that it’s a load of silly bollocks

The first episode was good but I’ve gradually come to the conclusion that it’s a load of silly bollocks

Yeah I'm near the end and not as into it as I was at the beginning at all.

Devs. I highly approve, starts off slow, but picks up.

watch it.

@Madmick , this might be up your alley too.

my only real criticism of Devs is Sonoya Mizuno's acting, unfortunately. i thought she was great in Maniac in a relatively small role but in a larger role, and especially one with a more subdued character with an american accent, i think she's a bit weak.

really enjoying the show otherwise though.

uoVNlU9.png

Just finished The Outsider. I enjoyed it a lot, but I doubt I would have enjoyed it as much if I had to watch it weekly. It can be a slow burn at times, but I was intrigued enough to binge like 7 hours of it in one day, which I rarely ever do. Definitely not a mind blowing show, but satisfying to watch.

Last edited:

<WhoJeff>

The Outsider was spectacular right up until the finale. Talk about a let down. Be sure to watch a mid credits scene for those that have not watched the Outsider finale.

<WhoJeff>

The Outsider was spectacular right up until the finale. Talk about a let down. Be sure to watch a mid credits scene for those that have not watched the Outsider finale.

I posted that pic in the TWR Lounge thread & got carded. a mod actually thought it was real, & he still won't reverse the bullshit carding.

Baskets
Genre: Comedy, Drama
Description: In Bakersfield, California, Chip Baskets sets out on following his dream of becoming a professional clown. After failing to get a degree at a prestigious clowning school in Paris, he is stuck with a job at a local rodeo....

so far its funny, will binge

Baskets
Genre: Comedy, Drama
Description: In Bakersfield, California, Chip Baskets sets out on following his dream of becoming a professional clown. After failing to get a degree at a prestigious clowning school in Paris, he is stuck with a job at a local rodeo....

so far its funny, will binge
only watched the first season, and even then maybe not the whole thing, but i thought it was really good. louie anderson is amazing in this.

Back