Television TV Show Thread

Watched a couple episodes of Rings of Power S1 and it's not bad so far. The Galadriel actress is not ugly and can't help think they banned her from wearing any underwear in the ocean scenes since there's no such thing as underwear in that time period. The baby momma of the elf patrol warrior is also not bad looking. I was wrong to be reluctant to start watching this.

I binge watched it in like 2013. I remember thoroughly enjoying it. David anders was good in his role as julian sark, too.
Went to an Alias convention when it was airing, David Anders, Bradley Cooper and Melissa George were brilliant guests to hang out with.

LOL This is a lesson about excessive outrage for bad shows.

The backlash and chatter about the first season actually got the show renewed.

When the second season dropped, and nobody bothered to even trash it, it immediately got cancelled.

When the second season dropped, and nobody bothered to even trash it, it immediately got cancelled.

It wouldn't surprise me if the original order wss for 2 seasons, since its obviously so cheap to make.

Then when the first season was panned by both critics and viewers, their reaction was... 'wow, thank you for telling everyone to watch the show to see how terrible it was, season two is on the way!'

That has never happened with any other show ever.

Ever been told by practically everyone (viewers and critics) 'this show is awful' and it actually convinced you to watch the entire season?
Yeah, me neither.
Thats why I suspect its bullshit.

Same situation with Halo but Harry Potter.

Not invested on the series, I just find it hilarious that show writers think they're saving established franchises out there instead of ruining them.

Finished Rings of Power S1 and I need to see S2. I read the hottie baby mama stepped down from S2. Didn't know the rings had jewels. I thought they were plain with engraved words.

Finished Rings of Power S1 and I need to see S2. I read the hottie baby mama stepped down from S2. Didn't know the rings had jewels. I thought they were plain with engraved words.
S2 isn't horrible. I just finished it.

Rebel Ridge's Aaron Pierre Cast as Green Lantern John Stewart in HBO's LANTERNS

Aaron-Pierre-Green-Lantern-John-Stewart-092724-73eab74d28e04e4fafd608e13e803a0b.jpg

Aaron Pierre, the star of Netflix’s Rebel Ridge, has nabbed the plum part of Green Lantern John Stewart in DC Studios’ and HBO's much-ballyhooed series Lanterns.

The casting caps one of the more scrutinized actor searches in some time. Not only is the show the first major TV endeavor from DC Studios heads James Gunn and Peter Safran, but the role of Stewart carries much significance, as the fan-favorite comic book character was one of DC’s first Black superheroes.

The intense casting process came down to Pierre and Stephan James, who is on the festival circuit with drama The Piano Lesson and who starred in the 2016 Jesse Owens biopic Race. Both participated in screen tests, with the actors squaring off against the already cast Kyle Chandler on Thursday and Friday. Each actor had their boosters, but the final decision was made Tuesday.

Pierre definitely brings heat to the show, as the actor has over the course of a few months gone to the top of casting lists. His leading turn in Jeremy Saulnier’s Rebel Ridge debuted on Netflix on Sept. 6 and was the number one title worldwide on Netflix for three weeks in a row.

The actor already has had a brush with the comic book realm. He once was cast opposite Mahershala Ali in Marvel Studios’ Blade, but the version of the long-delayed movie morphed, and he will not be involved going forward. He also appeared in M. Night Shyamalan’s Old, an adaptation of a graphic novel.

Lanterns is said to have a gritty, True Detective vibe and follows Hal Jordan, a legend amongst the space police force known as the Green Lanterns, as he reluctantly mentors Stewart, a younger Green Lantern. The two intergalactic cops get drawn into a dark, Earth-based mystery as they investigate a murder in the American heartland.

Chandler, a TV veteran thanks to acclaimed turns in Friday Night Lights and Bloodline, is set to star as Jordan.

James Hawes, an established TV helmer who most recently directed a string of episodes of the Gary Oldman spy series Slow Horses, has been tapped to helm the first two episodes of the sci-fi cop series.

Lanterns has a straight-to-series order at HBO and comes from high-pedigreed creators. Chris Mundy (Ozark), Damon Lindelof (Watchmen, Lost) and Eisner Award-winning comic book writer Tom King are executive producing and writing, with Mundy showrunning what is planned as an eight-episode season. Hawes also joins the force as an exec producer.

Pierre was recently seen leading the NatGeo series Genius: MLK/X, portraying civil rights leader Malcolm X, Garth Davis’ 2023 sci-fi drama Foe alongside Paul Mescal and Saoirse Ronan, Clement Virgo’s Brother and Barry Jenkins’ award-winning limited series The Underground Railroad. In December, Pierre takes on the titular role of Mufasa in Barry Jenkins’ CG-animated Lion King prequel for Disney.

Aaron-Pierre-Green-Lantern-John-Stewart-092724-73eab74d28e04e4fafd608e13e803a0b.jpg

Aaron Pierre, the star of Netflix’s Rebel Ridge, has nabbed the plum part of Green Lantern John Stewart in DC Studios’ and HBO's much-ballyhooed series Lanterns.

The casting caps one of the more scrutinized actor searches in some time. Not only is the show the first major TV endeavor from DC Studios heads James Gunn and Peter Safran, but the role of Stewart carries much significance, as the fan-favorite comic book character was one of DC’s first Black superheroes.

The intense casting process came down to Pierre and Stephan James, who is on the festival circuit with drama The Piano Lesson and who starred in the 2016 Jesse Owens biopic Race. Both participated in screen tests, with the actors squaring off against the already cast Kyle Chandler on Thursday and Friday. Each actor had their boosters, but the final decision was made Tuesday.

Pierre definitely brings heat to the show, as the actor has over the course of a few months gone to the top of casting lists. His leading turn in Jeremy Saulnier’s Rebel Ridge debuted on Netflix on Sept. 6 and was the number one title worldwide on Netflix for three weeks in a row.

The actor already has had a brush with the comic book realm. He once was cast opposite Mahershala Ali in Marvel Studios’ Blade, but the version of the long-delayed movie morphed, and he will not be involved going forward. He also appeared in M. Night Shyamalan’s Old, an adaptation of a graphic novel.

Lanterns is said to have a gritty, True Detective vibe and follows Hal Jordan, a legend amongst the space police force known as the Green Lanterns, as he reluctantly mentors Stewart, a younger Green Lantern. The two intergalactic cops get drawn into a dark, Earth-based mystery as they investigate a murder in the American heartland.

Chandler, a TV veteran thanks to acclaimed turns in Friday Night Lights and Bloodline, is set to star as Jordan.

James Hawes, an established TV helmer who most recently directed a string of episodes of the Gary Oldman spy series Slow Horses, has been tapped to helm the first two episodes of the sci-fi cop series.

Lanterns has a straight-to-series order at HBO and comes from high-pedigreed creators. Chris Mundy (Ozark), Damon Lindelof (Watchmen, Lost) and Eisner Award-winning comic book writer Tom King are executive producing and writing, with Mundy showrunning what is planned as an eight-episode season. Hawes also joins the force as an exec producer.

Pierre was recently seen leading the NatGeo series Genius: MLK/X, portraying civil rights leader Malcolm X, Garth Davis’ 2023 sci-fi drama Foe alongside Paul Mescal and Saoirse Ronan, Clement Virgo’s Brother and Barry Jenkins’ award-winning limited series The Underground Railroad. In December, Pierre takes on the titular role of Mufasa in Barry Jenkins’ CG-animated Lion King prequel for Disney.

Not bad choice for stewert

That's a painfully long way away, but these months are usually loaded, and it means there will be at least one show to carry January/February.

*Edit*
Also, it's a fucking crime the Emmy's didn't even bestow a nomination on Tramell Tillman. Maybe they'll have a chance to rectify that with season 2. To their credit, they nailed the supporting roles in the most recent Emmy's by awarding LaMorne Morris for Fargo and Jamie Lee Curtis for The Bear.

That's a painfully long way away, but these months are usually loaded, and it means there will be at least one show to carry January/February.
i regret the day i followed that twitter account, 70-some-odd days ago.
<WhitmanDefeat>
*Edit*
Also, it's a fucking crime the Emmy's didn't even bestow a nomination on Tramell Tillman. Maybe they'll have a chance to rectify that with season 2. To their credit, they nailed the supporting roles in the most recent Emmy's by awarding LaMorne Morris for Fargo and Jamie Lee Curtis for The Bear.
it’s a goddamn shame is what it is. Tramell Tillman—this guy apparently manifesting out of fucking nowhere as far as i’m concerned—owns every single piece of the screen whenever he has it & no matter who he is sharing it w/. great, knockout, A+, whatever, performances T2B in Severance, yet Tillman elevates every scene no matter what.

Turturro & Walken were really truly great in s1, but their noms are a farce because Tillman was even better. (i also would’ve handed Zach Cherry the nom over those two, but i’m a Zach Cherry stan)

?

I am optimistic. HBO usually does a great job. The Penguin is a masterpiece. True Detective season 1 was the best season on TV I have ever seen.

Back