• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked TV Show Thread (DC's Black Lightning TV Series in the Works; Dark Matter & Killjoys Renewed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I loved the Keen-on-the-run story arc. As for what happened...

She was eventually captured by the authorities. The Cabal tried to kill her. Reddington kidnapped Peter (David Strathairn), the CIA director, and was going to give him to Venezuela to be charged with American war crimes. Reddington blackmailed Laurel, the National Security advisor, to exonerate Keen or the trial will commence and she'll be forced to answer to her higher-ups why she allowed the potentially embarrassing/damaging trial to happen. Keen was freed. Peter was killed from being thrown out of an airplane. The aftermath is Keen is free but can no longer be an agent. She is now an advisor for the Task Force, sort of as a liaison to Reddington to the team.

Pretty interesting. Is the show still going on? And thanks for your time

They just killed the hottest chick in The 100

Skye's mom from Shield

Damn you all to hell.
At first I was like "Who?", but then I remembered that you're still watching shit from the beginning.

Better get used to that. Don't get too attached to anyone.

Watching lots of stuff at the moment

1. Colony - first network show I've watched since The Event from 2010
2. The 100
3. Better Call Saul
4. Shannara Chronicles
5. Vikings

Just marathoned The Expanse. I'm not sure how I feel about it. It had excellent production values and the acting was decent enough (no really bad performances, but none that were amazing) but I didn't think the plot was anything special. It felt like the mystery was quite basic and spoon-fed (no need to deduce anything on your own because the second we learned something new one of the characters would talk about the implications).

What annoyed me the most about it was that about 15 minutes into the season finale I knew we weren't going to get anything close to a resolution. I didn't expect everything to be wrapped up in a nice bow, but I felt like we ended the season no better off than we started it.

Did anybody watch the Childhood's End miniseries that was on SyFy a while back? I've had it sitting on my DVR and finally muddled through the first two episodes and am finding them to be boring and pointless. Is there a major payoff in the last episode? 'Cause if it's more of the same I'm not going to bother wasting two more hours of my time.
It was really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, bad.

That was my impression for the first 2/3rd, glad for some more confirmation that it's not worth finishing.
Read the book first.

The mini series was just awful.
I didn't feel the same way as you.

I loved Childhood's End from start to finish. The opening wtf moments, the initial suspicion, the big reveal, the secondary suspicions, the second big reveal, the third big reveal.... all had me at rapt attention. It's only three movie-length episodes, so any plot elements I talk about here are super spoilers, but I think the slow pacing was because it was more Leftovers than Game of Thrones. Lots of irony as I hate the former, and love the latter. Anyway, it's less about the plot itself, and more about the character's reactions to the plot as it unfolds. I loved the whole mystery of it. I dunno.

Probably my only complaint was that arguably the most important family (Discount Natalie Portman's) in the show didn't even get screen time until we were well into it. edit: I'll even concede the argument that Milo and Rachel's romance and Ricky's false love triangle didn't really add anything to the story. Otherwise, I definitely enjoyed it.

Last edited:
I also was tired of the constant cycle of Trust Rover Guy > Get Screwed by Rover Guy > Trust Rover Guy > Get Screwed by Rover Guy > repeat....
That particular cycle is now at an end.

I like the odd mixture of modern Earth technology and clothes in a D&D type fantasy setting in the last episode. It's very rare to see a combination of both.

Better Call Saul is back! Woo. Really enjoyable first episode. Though it was an anxious decisions episode.. I was saying to myself, "Oh no what's going to happen next? That can't be good.." too many times. The lead ins to potential mishaps were strong.

Some shows make me wonder if they pick an emotion and make that the theme of the episode.
Yeah, glad to have it back. I've said it during season one but I really care for Jimmy and oftentimes wish that this turn into an alternate reality from Breaking Bad because I don't want Jimmy to turn to the dark side.

The 100: Okay, they played it straight, initially, but they threw us a curve ball with the execution... literally and figuratively. I'm still liking where this is going.
Still frustrating to watch the turn of events when this could have easily been avoided. The sooner they kill Pike, the better. At this point, I'm rooting for the Grounders to kill everyone at Camp Arkadia that's with Pike or voted for him. Bellamy's situation reminds me of Finn back in season 2.

Fresh Off the Boat - The show consistently delivers, my no.1 go to comedy right now.
Same.

Pretty interesting. Is the show still going on? And thanks for your time
Yep, The Blacklist is still ongoing. Last few episodes have been meh though.

THE AMAZING RACE season 28

Finished watching episode one. So many hotties this season, probably the most of any season. Blair Fowler is just gorgeous. My daughter is excited about this season because the contestants are composed of internet celebrities. I don't know any of them except for the guy that does the special effects of popping out from a picture.

107468_D1544b.jpg

They just killed the hottest chick in The 100

Skye's mom from Shield

Damn you all to hell.

Not the hottest one but yeah that was a sad moment.

Clark and Anya had a similar chemistry to Clark and Lexa.

Watching lots of stuff at the moment

1. Colony - first network show I've watched since The Event from 2010
2. The 100

Damn I miss The Event. I see Colony has Sawyer in it I might give it a shot.

That particular cycle is now at an end.

I like the odd mixture of modern Earth technology and clothes in a D&D type fantasy setting in the last episode. It's very rare to see a combination of both.

I thought I was the only one who liked that. My favorite is when they see some mundane thing from our present and they're left wondering wtf it does.

Still frustrating to watch the turn of events when this could have easily been avoided. The sooner they kill Pike, the better. At this point, I'm rooting for the Grounders to kill everyone at Camp Arkadia that's with Pike or voted for him. Bellamy's situation reminds me of Finn back in season 2.

It's driving me insane that Pike can't be more discriminant with his discrimination. It brings pain to my liberal sensibilities that he can't see that lumping everyone as "Grounders" is factually incorrect. There's literally 12 different groups! He knows this! He's been told before, right? I know they told him at some point. He literally started a war with Trikru over nothing!

I thought I was the only one who liked that. My favorite is when they see some mundane thing from our present and they're left wondering wtf it does.
Yeah, I like the unconventional mash-up. Whenever there's a D&D type fantasy movie/series, it's always either in some alternate world or Earth's distant past. I like the fact that The Shannara Chronices' fantasy setting is set after modern civilization.

It's driving me insane that Pike can't be more discriminant with his discrimination. It brings pain to my liberal sensibilities that he can't see that lumping everyone as "Grounders" is factually incorrect. There's literally 12 different groups! He knows this! He's been told before, right? I know they told him at some point. He literally started a war with Trikru over nothing!
What an idiot. And this can was a teacher??

The story with Pike is just bad writing to move the story along. Nobody is that stupid

Yeah, I like the unconventional mash-up. Whenever there's a D&D type fantasy movie/series, it's always either in some alternate world or Earth's distant past. I like the fact that The Shannara Chronices' fantasy setting is set after modern civilization.

I actually hate the stagnation of most modern fantasies in that they're almost always stuck in some vaguely Tolkeinesque setting, with nothing but a negligible difference between them and Tolkein. The fact that this is set in the distant future isn't quite a breath of fresh air, but it's nice that they're going slightly off script.

What an idiot. And this can was a teacher??

Yeah.

I loved Jaha's interaction with him last episode. The ridiculously hot Italian-Canadian hologram talking to him during his conversation with Pike, and their parallel conversation, was great.

"Do you want him to think you're a fool?/Do you actually believe that?"

"Yes, I do."

The story with Pike is just bad writing to move the story along. Nobody is that stupid
trump-quote.jpg

I think the issue with Pike that you guys don't realize is his group was thrown into an entirely hostile situation.

Unlike those at Arcadia who met elements of the 100, mount weather, and the tree people. While Arcadia did face combat it was more in the area of small skirmishes and focused more on political posturing.

The Ice clan on the other hand immediately set out to destroy farm station and its people. Pike even recounts his story of their first few minutes on the ground. The children were playing for the first time while the adults stood around, basically in awe at the majesty of earth and then the ice people started killing their children. It's like his people had finally reached heaven only to realize too late that they were in the middle of hell. Pike and his people fought a protracted battle across hundreds of miles of hostile territory losing hundreds of his people along the way. That's why him being a school teacher is such a big deal. You have a guy who in all instances should be a logical caring individual who has now become in all instances a ruthless killer. It's a complete transfromation.

For Pike there is no grey, its only black and white. His people against their people. Pikes people are truly a band of brothers and as has been shown so far are the most elite warriors out of all the clans exactly because of the circumstances they have faced. 10 guys vs 300 and they absolutely murked them.

I do think the show has suffered a bit though by not having some sort of flashback scene to further expound Pikes background.

Last edited:
I think the issue with Pike that you guys don't realize is his group was thrown into an entirely hostile situation.

Unlike those at Arcadia who met elements of the 100, mount weather, and the tree people. While Arcadia did face combat it was more in the area of small skirmishes and focused more on political posturing.

The Ice clan on the other hand immediately set out to destroy farm station and its people. Pike even recounts his story of their first few minutes on the ground. The children were playing for the first time while the adults stood around, basically in awe at the majesty of earth and then the ice people started killing their children. It's like his people had finally reached heaven only to realize too late that they were in the middle of hell. Pike and his people fought a protracted battle across hundreds of miles of hostile territory losing hundreds of his people along the way. That's why him being a school teacher is such a big deal. You have a guy who in all instances should be a logical caring individual who has now become in all instances a ruthless killer. It's a complete transfromation.

For Pike there is no grey, its only black and white. His people against their people. Pikes people are truly a band of brothers and as has been shown so far are the most elite warriors out of all the clans exactly because of the circumstances they have faced. 10 guys vs 300 and they absolutely murked them.

I do think the show has suffered a bit though by not having some sort of flashback scene to further expound Pikes background.
I actually factored all those in but I still don't like his character or his narrow-minded views and most of all, his lack of common sense (them versus thousands and thousands of Grounders in an all-out war). But I also understand they needed the plot to move in that direction in a short period of time, it is what it is.

I actually took all of that into account before in an earlier post....

Also, to be fair, wars in real life have started over less. Baldy has legit gripes, but just seems incapable of directing them to the offending parties, and the offending parties ONLY. That's one thing I love about the show. Nothing is black and white. Sure, Baldy is being a bit obtuse, and needlessly indiscriminant in his discrimination, but he feels the way he feels for a reason. A good reason, at that.

THIS is where they fucked up. They could have shown bits of Pike's group in season two to set the stage for season three. That way we could sympathize with his situation more. Doing it all by exposition just doesn't have the same impact.

btw, you're underestimating how much more effective automatic guns have against bows and swords, when the force you're "fighting" literally doesn't see it coming because they're looking in the opposite direction, the majority of the force is fucking asleep, and they're your (former) allies. Pike's group isn't so much composed of "elite warriors" but tactically intelligent soldiers being led by a morally reprehensible and strategically incompetent leader.

Last edited:

It's not that I don't understand his motivations. I find them pretty realistic, as well as his inability or unwillingness to differentiate between the Grounder clans.

What gets me is his complete disregard for the position that he is in. The Sky People are hopelessly, hilariously outnumbered. Their only advantage are their firearms, for which they have no means to replenish the ammunition.

To say nothing of the fact that the Grounders have demonstrated a level of sophistication in their warfare that the Sky People simply aren't equipped to deal with. What will Pike do the next time the Grounders make use of their biological warfare tricks?

In my opinion, a more reasonable way for Pike to act while still preserving his prejudice against the Grounders and role as antagonist for the main characters would've been to have him try to brake the Coalition and turn the Grounders against each other.

I actually factored all those in but I still don't like his character or his narrow-minded views and most of all, his lack of common sense (them versus thousands and thousands of Grounders in an all-out war). But I also understand they needed the plot to move in that direction in a short period of time, it is what it is.

I agree with this 100%. Pike's behavior is exclusively due to authorial fiat and it sticks out like a sore thumbs because this show has previously done such a good job of avoiding that sort of thing.

Vanessa Hudgens to Star in NBC's DC Comics Comedy POWERLESS

Vanessa-Hudgens-Bongo-022216-Dragonlord.jpg

Vanessa Hudgens is getting back to work. The Grease Live alum has been tapped to star in NBC's DC Comics comedy pilot Powerless, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The single-camera workplace comedy is set at one of the worst insurance companies in America — with the twist being that it also takes place in the universe of DC Comics. The comedy is about the reality of working life for a normal, powerless person in a world of super heroes and villains.

Hudgens will topline the pilot and portray Emily Locke, an insurance claims adjuster who loves her job because she gets to help people, Emily likes to fly under the radar and just get her work done. She finds herself increasingly exasperated by the disruptive antics of the various Super Heroes that proliferate in her city.

Powerless is being written by Ben Queen (A to Z), who will exec produce alongside Michael Patrick Jann, with the latter set to direct the pilot. Christina Kirk co-stars.

For Hudgens, the role marks her first gig after she earned critical praise for her role as Rizzo in Fox's Grease Live. The High School Musical grad earned rave reviews for her performance, which took place the day after her father passed away from stage four cancer. She dedicated her performance to him.

Vanessa Hudgens to Star in NBC's DC Comics Comedy 'Powerless'

VIKINGS' Clive Standen to Star in NBC's TAKEN Prequel Series

Clive-Standen-022216-Dragonlord.jpg

NBC has found its young Liam Neeson. Vikings star Clive Standen is set to take on the role of Bryan Mills in NBC's straight-to-series Taken prequel, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The drama is described as a modern-day prequel to Luc Besson's feature of the same name that starred Neeson as retired CIA operative Bryan Mills on a one-man mission to save his kidnapped daughter. The series will illustrate how a young Bryan develops his skills.

Standen, who has played Rollo since the start on History's Vikings drama, will take on the role of Bryan — the hero recruited to be a black ops agent in the elite Emergency Covert Action Team.

Homeland's Alexander Cary will pen the script and exec produce the drama, with Besson attached to executive produce the series. Alex Graves will direct the pilot.

Standen's credits include starring as Rollo for all 30-plus episodes of History scripted series Rollo. His credits include Starz drama Camelot, features Everest and the upcoming Patient Zero.

NBC's 'Taken' Prequel Series Finds Lead in 'Vikings' Star Clive Standen

Comments: Guess that means Rollo won't survive this season of Vikings.

Vanessa Hudgens to Star in NBC's DC Comics Comedy POWERLESS

Vanessa-Hudgens-Bongo-022216-Dragonlord.jpg

Vanessa Hudgens is getting back to work. The Grease Live alum has been tapped to star in NBC's DC Comics comedy pilot Powerless, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The single-camera workplace comedy is set at one of the worst insurance companies in America — with the twist being that it also takes place in the universe of DC Comics. The comedy is about the reality of working life for a normal, powerless person in a world of super heroes and villains.

Hudgens will topline the pilot and portray Emily Locke, an insurance claims adjuster who loves her job because she gets to help people, Emily likes to fly under the radar and just get her work done. She finds herself increasingly exasperated by the disruptive antics of the various Super Heroes that proliferate in her city.

Powerless is being written by Ben Queen (A to Z), who will exec produce alongside Michael Patrick Jann, with the latter set to direct the pilot. Christina Kirk co-stars.

For Hudgens, the role marks her first gig after she earned critical praise for her role as Rizzo in Fox's Grease Live. The High School Musical grad earned rave reviews for her performance, which took place the day after her father passed away from stage four cancer. She dedicated her performance to him.

Vanessa Hudgens to Star in NBC's DC Comics Comedy 'Powerless'
That actually sounds like the awesome premise to a show.

In movies, it's usually another world entirely.

There are plenty of fantasy novels that come after the fall of modern Earth civilization, one of the better ones is Empire of the East.

fcmn3n.jpg

The heroes in this sword and sandals fantasy epic are fighting an evil empire, and they're searching for the mythical "Elephant", a powerful magical creature that can aid them in their struggle.

Turns out it's a nuclear powered tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back