• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked TV Show Thread (DC's Black Lightning TV Series in the Works; Dark Matter & Killjoys Renewed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone watching True Detective?

Just finished season 1, started season 2. I don't think I've seen such a stacked cast for a TV show.

True Detective Season 2 is awful.

Starting The 100, will report back on it when I get past the the first half. I will treat it like SHIELD. THe first while sucks, then hopefully improves.

Just finished season 1, started season 2. I don't think I've seen such a stacked cast for a TV show.
True Detective season one was great. Season two was very disappointing. Watch out for the pretentious dialogue. Recommend you watch Fargo seasons 1 and 2 afterwards.

Limitless yet again does it for me. Week after week, they manage to just straddle the line between goofball humor and serious fucking business. In the vast and dark sea of tired police procedurals, there is a bright beacon on the horizon. It's Limitless. Those writers are genius.

The latest episode was great. It doesn't matter what the episode is about, who is featured, or what is happening, it's always entertaining at the very least. Lucy Church needs to make a comeback. I loved her. My favorite moment was when Finch had to go undercover as a temp, and they cut to the interview with Agent Boyle...

"Was I sorry when I heard Finch had to go back to being a temp? Just sitting in a cubicle and filing papers all day... yeah... my heart bled for him..." *barely contained, shit eating grin*

LMAO

The Shannara Chronicles is slowly growing on me. The show has been periodically trimming down the cast to the ones who are actually putting forth the best acting efforts.

Rhys-Davies is a fucking legend... but I was underwhelmed by him in TSC. I didn't like the cocky prince who didn't believe a goddamn thing Druid Manu said, despite him being the only one who seemed to know wtf was going on. I also was tired of the constant cycle of Trust Rover Guy > Get Screwed by Rover Guy > Trust Rover Guy > Get Screwed by Rover Guy > repeat....

Djimon Hounsou Joins WAYWARD PINES Season 2

Djimon-Hounsou-Wayward-Pines-Dragonlord.jpg

Two-time Academy Award nominee Djimon Hounsou (Blood Diamond, In America) has been cast as a series regular in Wayward Pines, the hit psychological thriller event series returning for a second season this summer on FOX.

Hounsou will portray CJ Mitchum, an original resident of Wayward Pines and a historian for the town with extensive knowledge of its complex origins, and the one person who can provide a unique bridge between the current world of Wayward Pines and the previous world that humans inhabited. Hounsou joins Jason Patric, who was previously announced in a starring role on Season Two of Wayward Pines.

From executive producer M. Night Shyamalan, the 10-episode, second season will pick up after the shocking events of Season One, with the residents of Wayward Pines battling against the iron-fisted rule of the First Generation. As events unfold in Wayward Pines, the thoughtful and philosophical Mitchum – a former teacher – makes a decision that will affect the fate of Wayward Pines and every resident living there.

Djimon Hounsou Joins the Cast of Wayward Pines Season 2

Kelly Overton is the Female Lead in Syfy's VAN HELSING

Kelly-Overton-Van-Helsing-Dragonlord.jpg

Van Helsing has found its leading lady. Former True Blood regular Kelly Overton has been cast in the title role of the upcoming Syfy series as Vanessa Helsing, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Overton's other credits include Legends and Beauty and the Beast.

In the new interpretation of the literary figure, the central character is now a female, Vanessa Helsing, a descendent of the Van Helsing lineage of warriors who is resurrected and now must lead mankind against a world controlled by vampires in the post-Rising landscape.

The cast will also include Jonathan Scarfe (Hell on Wheels) as Axel, a career Marine with unwavering devotion and loyalty to both duty and his wards, despite years of isolation and endless vampire attacks. Scarfe is repped by Michael Greene & Associates and More/Medavoy.

Christopher Heyerdahl (True Blood) will play Sam, a survivor of the vampire Rising, who relies on his strength and observational skills to stay alive. Heyerdahl is repped by Michael Greene & Associates.

Paul Johansson (Mad Men) will portray Dimitri, a vampire turned before the Rising, he is now the patient and calculating leader of the vampires. Johansson is repped by Gilbertson Entertainment and Stone Manners Salners Agency.

David Cubitt (Ray Donovan) will play John, another survivor of the vampire Rising, whose actions are fueled by anger, prejudice, suspicion and fear. Cubitt is repped by APA and The Characters.

Tim Guinee (The Good Wife) will portray Ted, a vampire foot soldier who does battle with Vanessa and conceals a tragic past. Guinee is repped by Principal Entertainment.

Additionally, Van Helsing has added several directors including Michael Nankin (Hell on Wheels), Jason Priestley (Haven), David Frazee (Orphan Black), Simon Barry (Continuum) and Amanda Tapping (The Magicians).

Production on the 13-episode first season begins Feb. 22 for a fall launch.

'Van Helsing' Series Casts 'True Blood' Alum as Title Character; Other Casting Revealed

Comments: I'm a fan of Kelly ever since the Tekken movie, so I'm interested in this (even though it probably won't be good). She was my top choice as Wonder Woman many years ago.

Kelly Overton is the Female Lead in Syfy's VAN HELSING

Kelly-Overton-Van-Helsing-Dragonlord.jpg

Van Helsing has found its leading lady. Former True Blood regular Kelly Overton has been cast in the title role of the upcoming Syfy series as Vanessa Helsing, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Overton's other credits include Legends and Beauty and the Beast.

In the new interpretation of the literary figure, the central character is now a female, Vanessa Helsing, a descendent of the Van Helsing lineage of warriors who is resurrected and now must lead mankind against a world controlled by vampires in the post-Rising landscape.

The cast will also include Jonathan Scarfe (Hell on Wheels) as Axel, a career Marine with unwavering devotion and loyalty to both duty and his wards, despite years of isolation and endless vampire attacks. Scarfe is repped by Michael Greene & Associates and More/Medavoy.

Christopher Heyerdahl (True Blood) will play Sam, a survivor of the vampire Rising, who relies on his strength and observational skills to stay alive. Heyerdahl is repped by Michael Greene & Associates.

Paul Johansson (Mad Men) will portray Dimitri, a vampire turned before the Rising, he is now the patient and calculating leader of the vampires. Johansson is repped by Gilbertson Entertainment and Stone Manners Salners Agency.

David Cubitt (Ray Donovan) will play John, another survivor of the vampire Rising, whose actions are fueled by anger, prejudice, suspicion and fear. Cubitt is repped by APA and The Characters.

Tim Guinee (The Good Wife) will portray Ted, a vampire foot soldier who does battle with Vanessa and conceals a tragic past. Guinee is repped by Principal Entertainment.

Additionally, Van Helsing has added several directors including Michael Nankin (Hell on Wheels), Jason Priestley (Haven), David Frazee (Orphan Black), Simon Barry (Continuum) and Amanda Tapping (The Magicians).

Production on the 13-episode first season begins Feb. 22 for a fall launch.

'Van Helsing' Series Casts 'True Blood' Alum as Title Character; Other Casting Revealed

Comments: I'm a fan of Kelly ever since the Tekken movie, so I'm interested in this (even though it probably won't be good). She was my top choice as Wonder Woman many years ago.

I'm pleasantly surprised that they cast a 37 year old as the lead. not that she looks it mind you, but Hollywood is usually much more ageist than that when it comes to women.

Season 2 of True Detective is awesome. Don't listen to the plebs who try to tell you otherwise. My favorite series from last year.

Might want to sit there with a notepad though, jotting down names. Especially if you are going to binge watch it. The plot is thick and nuanced, & the show doesn't give a fuck if you are not paying attention. It will just move right along like real life does, and it lost a lot of people along the way. Personally I enjoyed the hell out of watching each episode 3 times as they aired once a week, and I got a lot more out of it.

Lol, Petey must have a Sherdog app that tracks down any mention of True Detective season 2.

The Shannara Chronicles is slowly growing on me. The show has been periodically trimming down the cast to the ones who are actually putting forth the best acting efforts.

Yeah, but from this point on, the Elfstones are not going to be the only jewels glowing blue in Wil's pants. Poor Wil.

Looks like there's some abysmal TV heading our way... At least they're consistent.

THE WALKING DEAD Reunion of Deceased Characters

From left to right are Madison Lintz (Sophia), Kyla Kenedy (Mika), Jeryl Prescott (Jacqui), Brighton Sharbino (Lizzie), Chad L. Coleman (Tyreese), Tyler James Williams (Noah), David Morrissey (The Governor), Emily Kinney (Beth), IronE Singleton (T-Dog), Lawrence Gilliard Jr. (Bob), and Robin Lord Taylor (Sam).

ew-dead-reunion-2016.jpg

They all look a good 10 years older. Every one of them.

Better Call Saul is back! Woo. Really enjoyable first episode. Though it was an anxious decisions episode.. I was saying to myself, "Oh no what's going to happen next? That can't be good.." too many times. The lead ins to potential mishaps were strong.

Some shows make me wonder if they pick an emotion and make that the theme of the episode.

Limitless yet again does it for me. Week after week, they manage to just straddle the line between goofball humor and serious fucking business. In the vast and dark sea of tired police procedurals, there is a bright beacon on the horizon. It's Limitless. Those writers are genius.

The latest episode was great. It doesn't matter what the episode is about, who is featured, or what is happening, it's always entertaining at the very least. Lucy Church needs to make a comeback. I loved her. My favorite moment was when Finch had to go undercover as a temp, and they cut to the interview with Agent Boyle...

"Was I sorry when I heard Finch had to go back to being a temp? Just sitting in a cubicle and filing papers all day... yeah... my heart bled for him..." *barely contained, shit eating grin*

LMAO

My favourite moment was the Bhangra dancing lol.

Yeah, but from this point on, the Elfstones are not going to be the only jewels glowing blue in Wil's pants. Poor Wil.
Oh? Do tell.

My favourite moment was the Bhangra dancing lol.
That was so random lol.

Edit...
The 100: Okay, they played it straight, initially, but they threw us a curve ball with the execution... literally and figuratively. I'm still liking where this is going.

Legends of Tomorrow: My gag reflex starts acting up whenever I watch this. I have no idea why I keep subjecting myself to this week-after-week. Seriously, The Shannara Chronicles, at it's absolute cringe-worthy worst, has never so consistently done this to me.

Last edited:
The Blacklist - Another meh episode.

Fresh Off the Boat - The show consistently delivers, my no.1 go to comedy right now.

MV5BMjEwMjEyMzM2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTk2Mjk3NzE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Came across this today, i've only watched the first episode and I thought it was quite funny . Will definitely add it to my ever growing list of shows to binge watch.

Cheyenne from Superstore is going to have my babies.

Loved her in Shameless.

They just killed the hottest chick in The 100

Skye's mom from Shield

Damn you all to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back