• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked TV Show Thread (DC's Black Lightning TV Series in the Works; Dark Matter & Killjoys Renewed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE 100

Great episode. A lot of things happened. But bummed the Clarke/Lexa bed action didn't push through. Damn you, Bellamy.

Thought for sure either Lexa or Prince Roan would die because both actors are part of the main cast in their respective shows (Black Sails and Fear the Walking Dead). Happy both get to live (for now).

The election is very frustrating. If I were Abby or Markus, I could easily come up with a speech to the populace (with the troublemakers in the cell so they don't disrupt it) why attacking the Grounders protection force is a stupid thing. Drive home the point that the Grounders have thousands and thousands of troops. Educate them that without the Coalition they are not protected by the Ice Nation attacks. Etc etc etc.

lexa-and-roan-battle-the-100-season-3-episode-4.jpg
Yeah, the last episode was great. But damn, it was frustrating for them to let that bald dude get control like that.

And it's super frustrating for the new bald president to be so anti-Grounder, when it's been explained to him 20x that they are not all in one cohesive group. There's literally a dozen different clans, and all of the aggression towards them have been from the Ice Nation. Now he's going to start a war with a known ally because of his prejudice.

Bellamy's actions are even worse, because he fucking knows better. This isn't season one anymore. I thought he wised up?

btw, DLX... where's the fucking spoiler button?

Yeah, the last episode was great. But damn, it was frustrating for them to let that bald dude get control like that.

And it's super frustrating for the new bald president to be so anti-Grounder, when it's been explained to him 20x that they are not all in one cohesive group. There's literally a dozen different clans, and all of the aggression towards them have been from the Ice Nation. Now he's going to start a war with a known ally because of his prejudice.

Bellamy's actions are even worse, because he fucking knows better. This isn't season one anymore. I thought he wised up?
Aargh so frustrating because it's just so easy to persuade the general populace to reason and even terrify them on the consequences. The writers wanted this outcome/direction of war and the alliance crumbing down but wished it was a bit more believable on how we get there.

btw, DLX... where's the fucking spoiler button?
It's located just beside the "Media" button. But once you click it, there's a problem with the white background. It's there, it's just not very visible. I just manually type the spoiler code myself.

Read the book first.

The mini series was just awful.
I refuse!

If I have a choice between reading or watching a work, I'll take watching it any day of the week!

I do enough reading in my professional life.

Aargh so frustrating because it's just so easy to persuade the general populace to reason and even terrify them on the consequences. The writers wanted this outcome/direction of war and the alliance crumbing down but wished it was a bit more believable on how we get there.
Yeah, but I'm willing to give the writers some leeway, here. I think they'll make things more believable as time goes on. They'll make it so that somehow the leaders of Indira's people know that it was basically one man inciting war, or someone assassinates him, or Bellamy finally gets a clue.

Also, to be fair, wars in real life have started over less. Baldy has legit gripes, but just seems incapable of directing them to the offending parties, and the offending parties ONLY. That's one thing I love about the show. Nothing is black and white. Sure, Baldy is being a bit obtuse, and needlessly indiscriminant in his discrimination, but he feels the way he feels for a reason. A good reason, at that.

It's located just beside the "Media" button. But once you click it, there's a problem with the white background. It's there, it's just not very visible. I just manually type the spoiler code myself.
Ahhhhh... dank je.

Last edited:
Got half way through 11.22.63 last night, will obviously need to watch the rest of the episode to evaluate it but it was decent. The episode is an hour and twenty minutes long though, I just hope the rest of episodes from the series isn't as long.

Agree with everything you guys are saying about The 100. Overall I loved the episode(s), too. Damn the show is so good.

Just glad Lexa didnt die. I was a little bit afraid she would get a final death episode like Finn did, even if it wouldve been a little obvious.

Agree with everything you guys are saying about The 100. Overall I loved the episode(s), too. Damn the show is so good.

Just glad Lexa didnt die. I was a little bit afraid she would get a final death episode like Finn did, even if it wouldve been a little obvious.
I think we were all scared about Lexa dying, especially since her actress is in multiple shows now.
@Dragonlordxxxxx
Now that LHL mentioned it, wouldn't it be "obvious" for Prez Baldy to just go ahead and attack the grounder camp and start a(nother) war? But if you think about it, when have the writers for The 100 ever done anything straightforward? They avert and subvert tropes left and right.

I think we were all scared about Lexa dying, especially since her actress is in multiple shows now.
@Dragonlordxxxxx
Now that LHL mentioned it, wouldn't it be "obvious" for Prez Baldy to just go ahead and attack the grounder camp and start a(nother) war? But if you think about it, when have the writers for The 100 ever done anything straightforward? They avert and subvert tropes left and right.
True.

Also, when Bellamy said to his friends to trust him that night, I really thought that he was going to kill Baldy and his group in the forest to prevent a war.

Aw, poor Cancer Puppy.

So I have been thinking of watching the 100, but I have not pulled the trigger. So people here are recommending it? I feel kind of dirty as that brings my CW tv show watchlist up to 5.

So I have been thinking of watching the 100, but I have not pulled the trigger. So people here are recommending it? I feel kind of dirty as that brings my CW tv show watchlist up to 5.

The show is awesome. It started off with a shitty YA premise and then threw it overboard as quickly as it could, moving the plot into something I like very much.

Didnt like it too much for like the first half of the first season. Stuck with it and was absolutely amazed by it. From what I read everyone seems to feel the same.

Re: The Magicians
Okay, I see where Tobago was coming from. That blonde with the glasses = Dam Son. That field hockey outfit she was wearing during their Discount Quidditch game showed off that she's got dat body.

Also, Julia's a fucking mess. As the episodes go on, she looks less and less appealing. The actress? Gorgeous, would wood, and she's a good actress. The character? Wouldn't go near if she threw it at me.

Lastly, now I know what JB was talking about with his "Cancer Puppy" comment. That thing was adorable. Stupid Mr Punchmeface....

@SidJustice: Trust me. We all love The 100 for a reason. That show is amazing. The CW isn't just for tweens anymore.

Last edited:
Gave up on the early episodes because didn't like the Lord of the Flies vibe. Caught the first season finale and have stuck with it since.

I really didn't like the 100, but since everyone is going on about it, i'll give it another go.

The 100 didn't wow me right away either. It wasn't until halfway through the first season that shit picked up. By the finale, the show forced you to keep your eyes glued to the screen. Season two was ridiculous. Surprisingly great writing. They took coal and turned that shit into diamond.

I really didn't like the 100, but since everyone is going on about it, i'll give it another go.

It's around episodes 6 or 7 that the first season starts getting good, once they re-establish communication with the orbital colony.

I like the first episode but the rushed awkward exposition at the beginning felt like something out of a Chris Nolan film. Things get better once Franco truly goes back to the 60s.

I'll assume once Franco saves the boy's family, he'll be inspired to stop the JFK assassination once more.

Malin Akerman topless on Billions

clint-nod_zps0362897e.gif~c200
Yep, was waiting for that moment. Now it's Maggie Siff's turn.

Loved the ending of the latest episode where Axelrod revealed he was just pretending to quit as a cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back