Turned it down...

joshbish

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
How the hell does Aldo turn this fight down? Dana says that Edgar turned it down...

Who steps up? Everyone you'd have thought...Cowboy and Nate...and wait for it....BJ Penn.

Edgar is injured and had surgery the other day. Aldo isn't cleared medically after his last fight. They're usually pretty strict with when you're allowed to start training or fighting again after you've been KO'd.

Aldo's been shook beyond all belief for over a year. It was obvious all that "I'm training just in case..." talk was just empty bull shit. Now everyone knows

I was surprised myself by Aldo turning the fight down.

Might be his only chance to avenge that UFC 194 loss.

I thought aldo was cleared at the end of January? I read he didn't feel he had adequate time to prepare

Aldo, not medically cleared to train until last week.

Edgar completely torn groin.

Who else did dana say turned the fight down?

Aldo's "medical clearance" is a joke, it was just a precautionary one. Edgar had an injury others have fought with, most notably GSP defended his belt with a torn groin. So both really pussied out, no doubt about it. They both need to go back of the line and not complain abut their wardrobes lack of red panties.

I also thought that Aldo was cleared....must really be in his head...

Edgar has a torn groin and has been on the shelf for a month. Dana knew this. There's a reason Edgar is fucking pissed.

what's funny they are saying that "conor is moving up 2 weight classes"

guess what he's not.

he's a full camp LW fighting a out of training 9 to 11 days notice LW minus the weight cut.

Aldo, not medically cleared to train until last week.

Edgar completely torn groin.

Who else did dana say turned the fight down?

He didn't say anyone else..just those two. And that Cowboy, Nate and BJ wanted the fight.

And you would take a fight of this magnitude @ 155 on 10 days notice? Aldo cares about his legacy more than money, despite whatever he may have said out of emotion.

And you would take a fight of this magnitude @ 155 on 10 days notice? Aldo cares about his legacy more than money, despite whatever he may have said out of emotion.

Maybe so, but I know that if a dude KO'd me with one punch, and I trained hard as fuck for that fight, I'd be wanting to jump right back in there with him...especially if I truly thought I would win.

I thought it was kinda telling when the UFC was the one to turn down the Khabib offer.

Maybe so, but I know that if a dude KO'd me with one punch, and I trained hard as fuck for that fight, I'd be wanting to jump right back in there with him...especially if I truly thought I would win.

Ya, I could understand that. And that might entirely be true. For all we know Aldo wanted to take the fight and Dede talked him out of it. Dede is the one who responded to the offer, and Aldo treats him as a father figure, so I could see Aldo being emotional, wanting the fight, and Dede saying wait a minute, let's think about this, etc. So who knows.

Edgar is injured and had surgery the other day. Aldo isn't cleared medically after his last fight. They're usually pretty strict with when you're allowed to start training or fighting again after you've been KO'd.

Strict? Fighting yes, training no.

Can't control people training. Guys like Aldo can afford to have a gym in their own house. Just need close friends/coaches to keep their mouths shut.

I dont hold aldo to his anytime anywhere quote,i can see why hed say no two weeks out,dont hold it against him. The chances are high he would lose again by KO quickly if he isnt on his A game.

This tweet from Aldo is pretty clear:

Hi everyone, i was quiet for a while because i was waiting for my rematch based on how the fight Went down, in fact I was already training for it, but apparently I was wrong. So I wanted to make something clear to UFC: for everything I have done, everything I have accepted and mostly how the fight ended, I will not accept any other fight other than a title shot . My only exception would be fighting thenotorious , at any time, anywhere , and once that he is scary and knows that I'm gonna win .... Doesn't have to be title fight against him. Keep my belt, but I wanna whoop ur ass anywhere.

@danawhite@lorenzofertitta@ufc keep ur word. I still believe in the company that I work for.
#rematch

Back