TUF 28: Heavy Hitters - Ep. 5 - 10 p.m. ET

Jackonfire

BMF Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
2IMDIg4.jpg

Michel Batista vs. Josh Parisian

Team Whittaker will send Cuban wrestler Michel Batista against Team Gastelum's Josh Parisian, who made waves earlier this summer when he earned his spot on the show courtesy of a first-round knockout on Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series.

Batista comes to the show at 34 years of age with a perfect 4-0 mark during his mixed martial arts career, but his history with the UFC actually dates back more than a decade thanks to his incredible wrestling roots, where he crossed paths with heavyweight and light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier on more than one occasion.

Meanwhile, Parisian will be making his debut this week after first making a splash earlier this summer on the Contender Series. Parisian was actually already going to serve as an alternate for the current season of The Ultimate Fighter just in case somebody suffered an injury or was unable to compete once filming began. Just before filming was set to begin, Parisian got a call from UFC matchmaker Mick Maynard asking him if he would be willing to step up on short notice to compete on the Contender Series after Greg Rebello's opponent suffered an injury.

The gamble paid off as Parisian ended up earning a jaw-dropping first-round knockout by spinning back fist. The win was so impressive that UFC President Dana White decided to drop the 'alternate' from his name and put Parisian into this season of The Ultimate Fighter, where he's competing for his chance at a UFC contract.

This has been a very " underrated " season of TUF... No big names or serious drama. But the fights have been solid. Plus could be seeing the future of the WMMA 145 division...

Fast twitch training.... building an explosive fighter on TUF.

Fast twitch training.... building an explosive fighter on TUF.
I enjoyed that segment of the show. The S&C coach really seems to know his stuff- he comes across as a very motivating, positive guy

This has been a very " underrated " season of TUF... No big names or serious drama. But the fights have been solid. Plus could be seeing the future of the WMMA 145 division...

I dunno man, most of the girls are 135lbers who moved up to be on this season. I imagine most of them will go back to 135 after the show

I know the training segment probably isn't popular to the casuals watching... plus with the clips of getting to know the fighters. But I wish they would show more. Being an MMA fan I am always looking for new training regiments.

Ha. Now this is top notch wrestling. The Cuban guy just one handed pulled out his sparring partners leg and dude was flat on his back.

Would love to see Batista learn some submissions in the future to go with that relentless wrestling...

Dominated by the Olympic Wrestler...

This next 145 fight should be a good one...

:meow:

"i will be the ufc hw champ"

not

bea sure lookd good - legs/ass

Ive been sticking up for TUF too much. That was lame. Let that man throw hands. It’s a completion show

Batista dominated "the next UFC Champion." I hate when guys try to make Conor McGregor style prophecies. It was a show when Conor did it. Josh just made me feel sad.

I'm excited to see Batista against a better defensive wrestler. He wasn't really challenged in the fight so he may have a glaring standup hole we didn't get to see (it sounds like he's at least concerned about it). I just wish we could get more young blood at HW but still it's nice to see a different face. Even if he is a one trick pony if he can show his trick he has a damn good chance against a chunk of the HW division.

I tipped Chiasson and Pacheco as the two favorites ages ago, but now it looks as if they're meeting in the first round. Hope the loser doesn't get overlooked, I'd fancy either against any of the others on the show.

That chick constantly complaining about her coaches and not hitting pads is grating on me.

That chick constantly complaining about her coaches and not hitting pads is grating on me.
Leah Letson.. hope she gets destroyed by Bea. I remember asking her if she would go to TUF try outs and she was like "i'm already in UFC, why i would go?", and then, few weeks later, there she was, on TUF..

Leah Letson.. hope she gets destroyed by Bea. I remember asking her if she would go to TUF try outs and she was like "i'm already in UFC, why i would go?", and then, few weeks later, there she was, on TUF..

Maybe the UFC stepped in and told her she had to go to tuf and she had no choice. Doesn't mean she wasn't being truthful when she replied to you. Letson was originally slated to fight Kunitskaya until the Russian was moved up to fight Cyborg, so she was correct saying she was already on the roster.

Parisian looked like shit, man. He'll be lucky to get a Finale fight.
Batista is a very good one-trick pony. He was always odds on to win the show, unsure how far he gets beyond that though - he's kinda old compared his record, he'd need to be thrown into the mid-deep end quickly and I see him struggling with guys like Walt Harris, Arjan Bhullar and Shamil Abdurakhimov to be honest. Let alone anyone better.

Maybe the UFC stepped in and told her she had to go to tuf and she had no choice. Doesn't mean she wasn't being truthful when she replied to you. Letson was originally slated to fight Kunitskaya until the Russian was moved up to fight Cyborg, so she was correct saying she was already on the roster.
It was after that, she was on the roster but had no fight, and i knew that, but i told her TUF was a great chance to get more spotlight under her name and to get a better contract and she went full diva on me lol

Back