TUF 20 OFFICIAL PBP DISCUSSION - EPISODE 2: CALDERWOOD vs. KAGAN (7pm PST, 10pm ET)

yeah you're obviously biased and acting a fool...promptly get the fuck outta here...

and you obviously have no fucking clue what youre talking about lol.... oh and since when did I do what retards like yourself tell me?

eat a dick kiddo :wink:

and you obviously have no fucking clue what youre talking about lol.... oh and since when did I do what retards like yourself tell me?

eat a dick kiddo :wink:

yeah you won't say "eat my dick" because you have the female counterpart...otherwise you'd be down for that...:icon_lol:

Not very rational of you. To be the next Rousey you have to be brash, have a chip on your shoulder, "nasty", and be an exciting and skilled grappler.

She is like Ronda because she is head and shoulders above every other fighter in her discipline (Muay Thai) that she will out class them all.

Totally forgot the show was on last night.

Ah well, it's a matter of time before it's on Fight Pass.

yeah you won't say "eat my dick" because you have the female counterpart...otherwise you'd be down for that...:icon_lol:

such an amazing comeback :rolleyes:

Im done responding to such a twat until you can show at least some knowledge about combat in some way

again, go eat a dick kiddo.... wouldnt let you anywhere near mine, I dont swing that way

edit: holy shit you have almost 1000 posts in less than 2 months..... get a life fuckstick lol

she got hit a couple times with a left, whilst emily wouldnt engage. Joanne was constantly kicking her leg and then fucked her up in the clinch.

you guys are totally reaching with this bullshit btw, the only thing Emily done other than run was shove her crotch in Joannes face for the last 2mins of the 2nd round..... and she had the cheek to say "what did she do to win?" lmao

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

And I thought Jojo's fans were the more reasonable bunch.

She is like Ronda because she is head and shoulders above every other fighter in her discipline (Muay Thai) that she will out class them all.

I don't know. I mean she is really good, but she is hardly as dominant as Ronda.
Point is that's likely not what Dana meant.

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

And I thought Jojo's fans were the more reasonable bunch.

Jojo won round 1, but she ate about 4-5 hard punches. The clinch and kicks were all hers, that stole the round. She needs to imrpove her head movement tho.

No she isn't.

Kish and Hill are on the same level as Calderwood when it comes to Muay Thai. We also saw last night that even in her strongest discipline, Jojo is still far from perfect. She's great at kickboxing range and clinch range, but at boxing range she is reluctant to let her hands go and is too easy to hit.

Yeah frankly I didn't find it as close as many others did. Maybe that's on me and I should re watch but there was no question in my mind that I personally would score rd 1 for Jo Jo. Kagan did a good job of avoiding damage early and landed some good punches but they were few and far between. Jo Jo was constantly stalking her and she was landing and throwing kicks- aggression and cage control. She then visibly hurt Kagan toward the end of the round and landed some solid knees in the clinch.

Rd 2- had Kagan exploded out of the control Jo Jo was exercising with her reverse triangle, she would have been on top, free to GNP and would have won the round. But she was trapped the entire portion of the round from when JoJo cinched it till the end. True she wasn't in danger for most of it and JoJo was under her but the point is that JoJo had her controlled and limited. She couldn't exercise offense because JoJo had her in that hold. That is relevant.

Not to mention that JoJo was winning the round prior due to the takedown and kimura attempt.

The positioning was weird so I could see judges marks being all over the map but seemed a clear round for JoJo to me.

Kagan did well in the first but did she do enough? I don't think she did.

Jojo won round 1, but she ate about 4-5 hard punches. The clinch and kicks were all hers, that stole the round. She needs to imrpove her head movement tho.

Not just her head movement. Her entries also need work. When she got into boxing range, it was clear as day that her only objective was to continue to close distance into clinch range. She basically gave Kagan a free shot every time she got into boxing range because she was in such a rush to get into the clinch. It almost looked like one of Ronda's mad dashes into clinch range from earlier in her career, before she learned how to punch her way into clinch range.

After all the hype, I was underwhelmed with Calderwood. If she is far superior to Kagan she didn't show it. I can't see her winning the show after that performance. One judge scored it 19-19, I would have liked to see round three.

Yeah frankly I didn't find it as close as many others did.

I thought it was close, but I also thought it was pretty clear that Jojo did just enough to win both rounds. Kagan didn't do much of anything other than land single shots as Jojo passed through boxing range and try to smother Jojo with her cooter in the latter half of the second round.

After all the hype, I was underwhelmed with Calderwood. If she is far superior to Kagan she didn't show it. I can't see her winning the show after that performance. One judge scored it 19-19, I would have liked to see round three.

I don't think the gap in talent pool is there to the extent that it is in some other divisions. When GSP ruled WW, you knew that as good as all the other top guys were, and they were awesome, he was head and shoulders above. However, in the TUF 20 crowd, it's looking like any one of them might give any other a tough fight on a given night.

Randa could beat JoJo but JoJo could beat Randa. Thug Rose could blitz a lot of these girls but she could also be out finessed and outwrestled. It's going to be very interesting to see how this plays out.

I'd laugh though if Rose wins her first couple of fights by jumping into armbars. You know she's thinking it and you know she might be going for it. Dana's new Ronda potentially.

I didn't think the fight was as bad as some people said. Sure maybe JoJo didn't exactly blow her out of the water, but I do think she won both rounds.

The weird was was obviously the second round. What struck me as odd was Kagan choosing to use her free hand to throw tiny rabbit punches rather than try to peel JoJo's foot out from the triangle so she could escape. I see why JoJo held her there, if she let go she would give up the pass. But Kagan, rather than concentrating her efforts on escaping, decided to clam smash JoJo. I think once Kagan got caught in that position, it was on her to escape. JoJo tried to Kimura, tried to sweep. That's probably why it didn't matter if Kagan was on top or not.

Back