TUF 20: Episode 8 Tonight at 10pm ET/7pm PT on FOX Sports 1 DISCUSSION

Thought it was the right decision. Overall, Bec was missing a lot, while Tecia was landing clean and almost at will. Second round was close but in the end the takedowns cancel out and I thought Tecia was more effective in standup (and I thought she did more with her takedown). It was cringe-worthy seeing Bec saying she wants to set a good example for her children while she acted like a complete diva throughout the episode.

And yeah, I'm officially a fan of JoJo after she stood up to the people booing. And of course, her epic staredown.

should have gone to round 3, just shit judging as usual. that isnt tecia's fault so they shouldn't have boo'd but i think they were more f'ing around than anything else, i don't think it was sincerely them being upset at tecia.

magana btw, is a freaking you know what, i don't know what the hell her problem is. just a very angry and immature person. i can't stand clark either, but i think magana takes the cake here.

I think Tecia eeked the round 2 by a little bit, she landed punches going out while Bec was too agressive but not landing cleanly a la DIego Sanchez.

the booing is even more fucked up cause by Bec's blog Tecia would actually politely leave the room when gameplans were being discussed.

In past seasons, the corners apparently agreed to let just one guy do the coaching talk so the fighter could actually here that person. This season, apparently many of them like the sound of their own voices and all talk at once.

Also, those girls are really obnoxious and mean to each other for no good reason.

I just caught up on this episode.

Oh my god, the girl drama is awful. And I really don't think any of these girls are trying play heel like Kos or Junie, I think the Skrappettes are really just delusional and don't realize how awful they look. Especially Angela. My wife commented: Guy drama is a lot more entertaining on TV than girl drama. I guess she's right - I'd rather see some guy eat fruit that had been peed on than listen to Bec cry about drama that she's causing herself while Angela threatens to move Tecia out if Tecia won't move out herself. Actually, I'd love to see her try that.

Haven't there been people from opposing teams in the same room pretty much every season? Sometimes they picked rooms before they even picked teams, no? Did none of these girls go to college? Sometimes your roommate sucks.

When they do the close-up interviews of Tecia with her hair down, she looks like she's 15. When she walks into the cage with her guns out, she looks like a 15-year-old that could rip my arms off and beat me to death with them.

So Bec's crying about how it's unfair that Tecia was allowed back in the competition and unfair that she's allowed to stay in their room was all because she was scared/pissed that she suddenly got a much tougher opponent, right? It was pretty transparent. "I don't care who I fight!" Then why have you been whining about it for 3 episodes?

My wife seems OK with the ridiculous crush I have on JoJo. So far, anyway.

I thought the second round was close, but I was leaning toward Bec. Not a robbery, imo, but it definitely could have gone to three. To be totally honest, I don't care because I was glad to see Tecia win. I hope the next episode starts with her announcing, "I'm staying in my room, Ho-Bags!!!" (Note: She has to say "Ho-Bags.")

Holy crap the staredown with JoJo and Rose. I wish that was the finals. No surprise that they're going to save it for the last quarterfinal so they can hype it up as much as possible. I like Rose a lot more than I thought I would - her interview last week after the show did more for me to like her than anything on the show. But, on the other hand, look at JoJo's socks! And she yelled at the other team for being mean!

Seriously, though, JoJo/Rose and Carla/Tecia happening in the quarters is pretty crazy.

I wonder if the fact that she's now fighting a teammate is what will lead to the issues with Felice? I fully expected to hate her when the season started, but other than the underwear thing, she's been pretty chill. Still rooting for Randa against her, but only because I like Randa, not because I dislike Felice.

I'm picking: Carla, Randa, Penne, and, in the fight of the season, JoJo over Rose.

I hope somebody pounds Angela out on the finals. Hell, make her fight Ronda.

Just caught up with it. Personally I think it should have gone to a third, Tecia the first yes, but I had Bec taking the second. Was close, but Bec the more aggressive, and the Torres takedown at the end was only half a takedown for me.

Certainly think the fight was close enough it deserved a third round (And im not really into the fact that Tecia has already lost once, shouldnt have got the second chance)

As for the rest, meh, ive just tuned in for the last 20 minutes the last two shows, way too much drama, and I think theres some pretty heavy editing going on, i dont beleive much of what they are showing. Hell, my life could appear dramatic if you crammed a week into 20 minutes of soundbites.

mangana down, rawlings down... this season keeps getting better

"According to Nielson sources, the preliminary viewership for the show came in at 578,000 viewers and this is the largest viewership of the season.

Also, it was up 21% from episode eight of the Fall 2013 season (476,000) and up 16% from episode 8 of the Spring 2014 season (497,000). It was the most-watched show on Fox Sports 1 yesterday as well...

...The television ratings for this season on The Ultimate Fighter are below.

Episode 1: Live+SD – 536k, +3 DVR – 881k
Episode 2: Live+SD – 574k, +3 DVR – 946k
Episode 3: Live+SD – 433k, +3 DVR – 791k
Episode 4: Live+SD – 577k, +3 DVR – 813k
Episode 5: Live+SD – 509k, +3 DVR – 789k
Episode 6: Live +SD – 500k, +3 DVR – 725k
Episode 7: Live +SD – 494k, +3 DVR – 764k
Episode 8: Live +SD – 578k, +3 DVR – Available next week"

http://themmareport.com/2014/11/episode-8-of-tuf-20-draws-578k-in-preliminary-ratings-highest-viewership-of-season/

I just caught up on this episode.

Oh my god, the girl drama is awful. And I really don't think any of these girls are trying play heel like Kos or Junie, I think the Skrappettes are really just delusional and don't realize how awful they look. Especially Angela. My wife commented: Guy drama is a lot more entertaining on TV than girl drama. I guess she's right - I'd rather see some guy eat fruit that had been peed on than listen to Bec cry about drama that she's causing herself while Angela threatens to move Tecia out if Tecia won't move out herself. Actually, I'd love to see her try that.

Haven't there been people from opposing teams in the same room pretty much every season? Sometimes they picked rooms before they even picked teams, no? Did none of these girls go to college? Sometimes your roommate sucks.

When they do the close-up interviews of Tecia with her hair down, she looks like she's 15. When she walks into the cage with her guns out, she looks like a 15-year-old that could rip my arms off and beat me to death with them.

So Bec's crying about how it's unfair that Tecia was allowed back in the competition and unfair that she's allowed to stay in their room was all because she was scared/pissed that she suddenly got a much tougher opponent, right? It was pretty transparent. "I don't care who I fight!" Then why have you been whining about it for 3 episodes?

My wife seems OK with the ridiculous crush I have on JoJo. So far, anyway.

I thought the second round was close, but I was leaning toward Bec. Not a robbery, imo, but it definitely could have gone to three. To be totally honest, I don't care because I was glad to see Tecia win. I hope the next episode starts with her announcing, "I'm staying in my room, Ho-Bags!!!" (Note: She has to say "Ho-Bags.")

Holy crap the staredown with JoJo and Rose. I wish that was the finals. No surprise that they're going to save it for the last quarterfinal so they can hype it up as much as possible. I like Rose a lot more than I thought I would - her interview last week after the show did more for me to like her than anything on the show. But, on the other hand, look at JoJo's socks! And she yelled at the other team for being mean!

Seriously, though, JoJo/Rose and Carla/Tecia happening in the quarters is pretty crazy.

I wonder if the fact that she's now fighting a teammate is what will lead to the issues with Felice? I fully expected to hate her when the season started, but other than the underwear thing, she's been pretty chill. Still rooting for Randa against her, but only because I like Randa, not because I dislike Felice.

I'm picking: Carla, Randa, Penne, and, in the fight of the season, JoJo over Rose.

I hope somebody pounds Angela out on the finals. Hell, make her fight Ronda.

i don't think that could be described as "yelling."

i don't think that could be described as "yelling."

Thats_the_joke.jpg

None of the judges nor most of the people watching agree with you.

the judges are cans and so are you. bec was the aggressor, had a solid take down, and won the round. should have gone to round 3. sick of tecia getting giften this season. she loses her first fight, then gets gifted back into the trouney, then gets gifted a round 2 she obviously lost.

the judges are cans and so are you. bec was the aggressor, had a solid take down, and won the round. should have gone to round 3. sick of tecia getting giften this season. she loses her first fight, then gets gifted back into the trouney, then gets gifted a round 2 she obviously lost.

She won both rounds, Bec did no damage and only had a brief moment of aggression.

She won both rounds, Bec did no damage and only had a brief moment of aggression.

tecia didn't do any damage either, she got stalked down and got thrown big time, she lost round 2. stop white knighting her!

she shouldn't even be in the tourney. she lost.

Back