TUF 16 Main Card Averages 1.3 Million Viewers. Fuel Prelims Average 104,000.

Wasn't Bisping on that one?

Yes he was, Bisping was also on FOX 2 which did good ratings. Hopefully him vs Vitor does good numbers, but him vs Mayhem did 2.5. So I'm thinking him vs Vitor should do better, but with their current ratings 1.7 would be magical. I'm thinking more along the lines of 1.5. Sadly.

Fuel = bad idea. I doubt even an eighth of UFC fans have the channel, but Dana seems pretty damn confident that the UFC alone will be enough to convince cable companies to make it available nationwide.

FX is a noteworthy network in the states. No idea why it's so limited in Canada.

Rogers just made it available. it is a specialty channel not a lot of people get it.

but if its on SN in Canada it would do better ratings in CANADA every single Canadian could watch UFC and it would not effect the FX ratings in the states??

that guy is super confused

although it was really annoying that I had to stream a free card because SN didnt carry it.

Having the event on FX hurt its ratings.

I couldn't even watch the event here in Canada. I don't have FX Canada and I am not going to pay for one stupid channel just so I can watch a couple of events a year.

The UFC's decision to sign a deal with FX was not a good decision. I don't know how it works in the US, but in Canada, FX is a specialty channel that has to be paid for individually or in a special package. I don't know anyone that wants to buy the channel or has even heard of it.I only know of FX because I am a UFC fan.

If the event had been on Sportsnet in Canada the ratings would have been way higher.

I agree, couldn't watch it live since it was on FX Canada and I can't afford to just cherry pick random channels for the UFC. Should've been on Sportsnet or Sportsnet 2.
The exclusion definitely hurt the ratings, especially how nearly EVERY fight was available on youtube within a hour of the fight

I agree, couldn't watch it live since it was on FX Canada and I can't afford to just cherry pick random channels for the UFC. Should've been on Sportsnet or Sportsnet 2.
The exclusion definitely hurt the ratings, especially how nearly EVERY fight was available on youtube within a hour of the fight

omg

Sportsnet and FX ARE DIFFERENT CHANNELS

if 30 million people in Canada were to watch the TUF 16 finale in Canada on SN

they would still have done 1.3 million on FX in the states.

But it was super dumb of them to not have the fight card on SN instead of "FX Canada"

nobody gets FX Caanada, the only people in the TV biz who suffered from that are SN. casue im sure they pull decent ratings for UFC events. having it on FX Canada is BS

I'm extremely interested to see the numbers Bellator Pulls in on SpikeTV.

omg

Sportsnet and FX ARE DIFFERENT CHANNELS

if 30 million people in Canada were to watch the TUF 16 finale in Canada on SN

they would still have done 1.3 million on FX in the states.

But it was super dumb of them to not have the fight card on SN instead of "FX Canada"

nobody gets FX Caanada, the only people in the TV biz who suffered from that are SN. casue im sure they pull decent ratings for UFC events. having it on FX Canada is BS

When did I say they were the same channel? When did I say the directly hurt the American ratings?

All I said was I can't afford to buy channels (not sportsnet, channels) that the UFC picks for their events. I don't get FX Canada, I get Sportsnet Canada, which is a different channel.

The second thing you said, was also pretty much what I said. That they will get lower ratings, because afterall I said it would hurt the ratings (again never said the American ratings) and you said "nobody gets FX Canada."

So, I don't understand the problem here

FUEL is a joke of a channel

Fox is getting the better end of the deal with UFC

Just imagine how few people would watch FUEL if they didn't have UFC airing?

REALLY wish the UFC would go back to Spike TV. aaaahhh... the good ol days.

They are, they are going to call it Bellator, and Dana White will not be running the show :)

Fuel = bad idea. I doubt even an eighth of UFC fans have the channel, but Dana seems pretty damn confident that the UFC alone will be enough to convince cable companies to make it available nationwide.

It still probably does better numbers than Facebook did with the Prelims. Now somebody is getting the ad revenue for the commercials.

When did I say they were the same channel? When did I say the directly hurt the American ratings?

All I said was I can't afford to buy channels (not sportsnet, channels) that the UFC picks for their events. I don't get FX Canada, I get Sportsnet Canada, which is a different channel.

The second thing you said, was also pretty much what I said. That they will get lower ratings, because afterall I said it would hurt the ratings (again never said the American ratings) and you said "nobody gets FX Canada."

So, I don't understand the problem here

how did the exclusion of the SN broadcast effect the ratings that we are discussing??

the problem is that you implied that how Canada decides to show the TUF Finale effects the ratings that are discussed in the states. (the 1.3 million)

the only ratings and TV stations that are negatively effected by using FX Canada is SN, and their ratings are not discussed anyways. So it is irrelevent other then the fact it is annoying to us Canadian fans

how did the exclusion of the SN broadcast effect the ratings that we are discussing??

the problem is that you implied that how Canada decides to show the TUF Finale effects the ratings that are discussed in the states. (the 1.3 million)

the only ratings and TV stations that are negatively effected by using FX Canada is SN, and their ratings are not discussed anyways. So it is irrelevent other then the fact it is annoying to us Canadian fans

I was responding to someone who was also talking about Canadian ratings and the fact the fights weren't on sportsnet, I didn't really have to imply or mention anything.

They are, they are going to call it Bellator, and Dana White will not be running the show :)

Until it gets big enough, then Dana will buy it and it will be "business as usual".

Chael/Bones TUF will be through the roof though.

Ill be betting that its lack luster. I thought ramapge would be exciting. It wasnt. Got a couple chuckles. I thought mayhem would be exciting. Got less chuckles.

This will be the same.

Eh, what are good numbers on FX again? I know those numbers would be crap on FOX.

The only interesting question is how they did in the key demo. I don't get why people are so hung up on general numbers (or numbers in general). MMA is a young sport for young fans.

FUEL is a joke of a channel

Fox is getting the better end of the deal with UFC

Just imagine how few people would watch FUEL if they didn't have UFC airing?

imagine how mad extreme sports fans are. It went from all extreme sports to 50% UFC. They sold out on there only fans.

Without canada these events will continue to do sad numbers

FX being readily available in Canada or not wouldn't change these numbers anyways as these are numbers from the US only. Canada has their own separate television audience measurement company called the BBM.

Back