Trying to rewrite history in press conferences

He has the title. He is the best BW. He's constantly beaten the top BWs. Cruz has been waiting for TJ to do so.

If Cruz wants to prove other wise, he should earn a shot and prove it.
This fight isn’t about the title though; it’s about TJ proving he’s the goat. Whittaker has the mw title that doesn’t put him ahead of silva in the goat discussion

I definitely thought Cruz schooled TJ. Not even sure where the SD came from.

Cruz beat TJ.

TJ was getting so flustered he kept going for that head kick with no set up and would get popped in the face for his trouble.

He arguably won so if he feels he won, so be it. The decision easily could have gone his way so it is fully within his right to believe he beat Dom. Just because 2 judges disagreed doesn't mean it was the right decision.

He can't "go and avenge his loss" because Dominick Cruz fights once every 4 years. Hardly someone who should be considered the GOAT. TJ already has a comparable resume, if not better.

TJ got shafted badly by that decision.

- by the written scoring/judging criteria you can make a very strong argument that TJ should have won.
(No points for defense, "defense is its own reward", "EFFECTIVE striking" - TJ definitely landed the heavier strikes, grappling only considered if striking is DEAD EVEN, unless the majority of the round was on the mat, aggression>control)

Here is an in depth analysis of why:
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platfor...score-judge-opinion-mma-technique-controversy

- had TJ gotten that decision he would be 7x defending champ, 17-2, wins over Cruz, Barao 2x, Cody 2x, Assuncao, Lineker, .... but he isn't all Because 1 Jude gave Dom 1 point instead of TJ

TJ is 2 points away (Cruz and Assucao SDs) from being 18-1, 14 fight win streak, 7x defending champ, 18-1, wins over Cruz, Barao 2x, Cody 2x, Assuncao 2x, Lineker

Now that's the way the cookie crumbles, fair enough, don't leave it in the hands of the judges, etc, but when you examine the bigger picture it is not a huge stretch of the imagination to say that TJ is goat already.

TJ has finished top fighters, Dom has not, and several of Doms biggest wins are against natural flyweights, MM, Joe B, Uncle Creepy. Remove Dom's wins over flyweights and his resume is very thin...

TJs top wins:
Barao 2x (TKO r5, TKO r4)
Cody 2x. (KO r2, KO r1)
Assuncao (UD)
Lineker (UD)

Dom's top wins:
TJ (SD)
Faber 2x (UD, UD)
Mighty Mouse (UD)
Joe Benevidez (SD)
Ian McCall (UD)

They are neck and neck but TJ is more active and he finishes fights. Not crazy at all to consider TJ goat or for TJ to state he is the goat.

Last edited:
TJ got shafted badly by that decision.

- by the written scoring/judging criteria you can make a very strong argument that TJ should have won.
(No points for defense, "defense is its own reward", "EFFECTIVE striking" - TJ definitely landed the heavier strikes, grappling only considered if striking is DEAD EVEN, unless the majority of the round was on the mat, aggression>control)

Here is an in depth analysis of why:
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platfor...score-judge-opinion-mma-technique-controversy

- had TJ gotten that decision he would be 7x defending champ, 17-2, wins over Cruz, Barao 2x, Cody 2x, Assuncao, Lineker, .... but he isn't all Because 1 Jude gave Dom 1 point instead of TJ

TJ is 2 points away (Cruz and Assucao SDs) from being 18-1, 14 fight win streak, 7x defending champ, 17-2, wins over Cruz, Barao 2x, Cody 2x, Assuncao 2x, Lineker

Now that's the way the cookie crumbles, fair enough, don't leave it in the hands of the judges, etc, but when you examine the bigger picture it is not a huge stretch of the imagination to say that TJ is goat already.

TJ has finished top fighters, Dom has not, and several of Doms biggest wins are against natural flyweights, MM, Joe B, Uncle Creepy. Remove Dom's wins over flyweights and his resume is very thin...

TJs top wins:
Barao 2x (TKO r5, TKO r4)
Cody 2x. (KO r2, KO r1)
Assuncao (UD)
Lineker (UD)

Dom's top wins:
TJ (SD)
Faber 2x (UD, UD)
Mighty Mouse (UD)
Joe Benevidez (SD)
Ian McCall (UD)

They are neck and neck but TJ is more active and he finishes fights. Not crazy at all to consider TJ goat or for TJ to state he is the goat.

You won't get an argument from me. I've been one of a handful of guys who actually like TJ. I am sure a bunch of more fans will magically appear now that TJ flatlined Cody again. I assume many will be fans of Cody's that thought he would wreck TJ.

Even his loss to Dodson was an early stoppage. He was intelligently defending himself and had ahold of Dodson's leg for a single leg takedown as the fight was stopped. Look at how little damage he took before the stoppage compared to Cody on Saturday. Cody took 30+ unanswered shots... TJ took like 5 and was answering with a takedown.

You won't get an argument from me. I've been one of a handful of guys who actually like TJ. I am sure a bunch of more fans will magically appear now that TJ flatlined Cody again. I assume many will be fans of Cody's that thought he would wreck TJ.

Even his loss to Dodson was an early stoppage. He was intelligently defending himself and had ahold of Dodson's leg for a single leg takedown as the fight was stopped. Look at how little damage he took before the stoppage compared to Cody on Saturday. Cody took 30+ unanswered shots... TJ took like 5 and was answering with a takedown.
Amen.

That was the point I was trying to make (which you said more succinctly)

TJs wins (in general) are very decisive. He stopped Barao twice, KOed Cody twice in a total of < 3 rounds.

TJs losses on the other hand were very competitive fights, both of his split decision losses might as well be draws (I am actually of the opinion that approximately 1/2 of the split decisions in MMA could be considered draws).

TJ is a better fighter than his record inidicates, and even so he is a damn good fighter.

if a fight was close, i have no issue wuith a fighter talking shit and acting like he obviously won. What i have a problem with is when someone gets their fucking face smashed in like joahnna, she does interviews and no reporter calls her on her delusion.

i think even ubereem will admit there was no tap now from miocic over trying to argue there was. Joanna legit thinks she won both fights. thats off putting

Amen.

That was the point I was trying to make (which you said more succinctly)

TJs wins (in general) are very decisive. He stopped Barao twice, KOed Cody twice in a total of < 3 rounds.

TJs losses on the other hand were very competitive fights, both of his split decision losses might as well be draws (I am actually of the opinion that approximately 1/2 of the split decisions in MMA could be considered draws).

TJ is a better fighter than his record inidicates, and even so he is a damn good fighter.
It's too bad a couple splits went the other way on him. He'd be getting close to the all-time greats like Aldo and such if they hadn't.

if a fight was close, i have no issue wuith a fighter talking shit and acting like he obviously won. What i have a problem with is when someone gets their fucking face smashed in like joahnna, she does interviews and no reporter calls her on her delusion.

i think even ubereem will admit there was no tap now from miocic over trying to argue there was. Joanna legit thinks she won both fights. thats off putting
what a dumb comment, where Joanna said she won 2 fights?lol, hate is strong in you.

what a dumb comment, where Joanna said she won 2 fights?lol, hate is strong in you.

where in my post does it say she won two fights? People who live in glass houses, shouldnt throw stones.

The most recent example TJ saying he’s the goat bw and that he already beat Cruz.

I never take too much of what a fighter says post fight in the octagon or in the press conferences - they're probably still buzzing from adrenaline and blurt stuff out.

Dillashaw had talked a while back that if he won the belt, Cruz would have to get in line and wait for his shot. Now when you look at the big picture - what options does Dillashaw have now?

- Assuncao - no.
- Moraes - probably the next in line in terms of his last 2 wins.

Not that Dillashaw and Cruz will make a Bazillion PPVs, but if it's put on a card headlined by a good title fight and the history between them, it's a no brainer, imo.

Don't think Dillashaw is in a strong position to be saying what Cruz has to do to get a fight with him. Dillashaw should use the 'I was robbed/didn't lose that fight to Cruz and I'm going to leave no doubt this time' line, but Cruz obviously gets under his skin and he might not want to go through it all again. Even if he just plain out says 'I'll fight whoever the fans want me to' Boom. It's better than making a case as to why Cruz doesn't deserve a title shot.

The real GOATs never say they’re the greatest of all time.

If you need to shove it down people’s throats something is wrong.

It's probably a factor to why TJ is a world champion and you're posting on Sherdog.
Let's see how this Sherdog mentality works... TS is a loser because he is posting about someone who is "actually accomplishing something" in life but here you are responding to a post by a "loser" who is posting about someone who is "actually accomplishing something" in life and....

Hmmm... sounds about right.

Back