Try SCIVATION EXTEND

hfce354

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sick product for recovery and mass. Huge recovery from workouts and it tastes pretty good too. I take 8-10 scoops mixed in about 24 ounces of water when i lift/run/train. I think the Citrulline Malate is the ingredient that gives me the pump and extra endurance but im not sure. I use the Grape or Watermelon flavor.

It has per 2 scoops:

LEUCINE- 3.5 GRAMS
GLUAMINE- 2.5 GRAMS
ISOLEUCINE- 1.75 GRAMS
VALINE- 1.75 GRAMS
CITRULLINE MALATE- 1 GRAMS

Anyone else ever tried this?

Sick product for recovery and mass. Huge recovery from workouts and it tastes pretty good too. I take 8-10 scoops mixed in about 24 ounces of water when i lift/run/train. I think the Citrulline Malate is the ingredient that gives me the pump and extra endurance but im not sure. I use the Grape or Watermelon flavor.

It has per 2 scoops:

LEUCINE- 3.5 GRAMS
GLUAMINE- 2.5 GRAMS
ISOLEUCINE- 1.75 GRAMS
VALINE- 1.75 GRAMS
CITRULLINE MALATE- 1 GRAMS

Anyone else ever tried this?

8-10 scoops? Jesus, doesn't that cost you a fortune?

I use Extend. I haven't noticed much, but I like the taste. I probably don't take enough, it's just too damn pricey.

8-10 scoops? Jesus, doesn't that cost you a fortune?

I use Extend. I haven't noticed much, but I like the taste. I probably don't take enough, it's just too damn pricey.

Yeah, you need 6-10 scoops during your workout to notice much. Try buying it online at places like Nutraplanet.com, Bodybuilding.com, etc...

You don't need that much. Glut4 receptors and numerous other factors help that. where do you get your info besides magazines?

You don't need that much. Glut4 receptors and numerous other factors help that. where do you get your info besides magazines?

From the owner/President of the company. He has a thread going that chronicals his training, diet, and supplementation. Marc Lobliner. The dosing is in line with BCAA reccomendations.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=859483

*****Anywhere from .22-.44 grams per Kilogram of lean body weight is recommended by most strength coaches. They usually recommend that the BCAA's are to be consumed during the workout. A Japanese 4-5 years back found that .44 grams per kilo of lean body mass was optimal for their army recruits during their form of basic intensive training.*****

Personally I never found the benefit of BCAA supplementation to be worth the $$

No one here is going to argue the merits of BCAA supplementation because pretty much everyone here is on board with it, but most guys of any substantial size (175-200lbs) would have to take at least 2 servings of it a day and it's just not cost effective. You're paying for the flavoring for the most part. Just man up and down the unflavored bulk BCAAs. you can get them cheaper than Extend and mix it with those little Crystal Light packets to cover up the flavor.

Bulk is more cost effective and most definitely the way to go

No one here is going to argue the merits of BCAA supplementation because pretty much everyone here is on board with it, but most guys of any substantial size (175-200lbs) would have to take at least 2 servings of it a day and it's just not cost effective. You're paying for the flavoring for the most part. Just man up and down the unflavored bulk BCAAs. you can get them cheaper than Extend and mix it with those little Crystal Light packets to cover up the flavor.

Can you name a good place to buy bulk BCAA?

As you said I can't justify taking them because of the cost, but if the price of bulk is a lot less I might reconsider.

eh, check out bulknutrition.com or trueprotein.com

BCAAs are expensive, period

at bulk nutrition you can get 1000 gms for about 40 bucks. so if you average 20gms/day that's a 50 day supply. So you're paying less than $1/ day for your bcaas.

So, imo, pretty cost effective. But 40 bucks is still 40 bucks. nowhatimsayin' mang?

eh, check out bulknutrition.com or trueprotein.com

BCAAs are expensive, period

at bulk nutrition you can get 1000 gms for about 40 bucks. so if you average 20gms/day that's a 50 day supply. So you're paying less than $1/ day for your bcaas.

So, imo, pretty cost effective. But 40 bucks is still 40 bucks. nowhatimsayin' mang?

Yea I hear ya. Thanks!

Ive tried that with some success but ive always had a problem with BCAA dissolving in water. It just doesnt. LOL. The Extend also has some other goodies but i do see merit in going the bulk route as well.

If you do a search I did a very costly experiment with Xtend and Bulk BCAA.

Long story short, unless you're dieting or cutting weight, it's probably not worth it. It's not the worst way to waste money on supplements, but probably still a waste.

Ive tried that with some success but ive always had a problem with BCAA dissolving in water. It just doesnt. LOL. The Extend also has some other goodies but i do see merit in going the bulk route as well.

what "goodies?" B6 and citrulline Malate? The only study i've found that concluded that citrulline malate promotes aerobic energy production was dosing the subjects and 6 gms/ day.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/...ez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

Bendahan D, Mattei JP, Ghattas B, Confort-Gouny S, Le Guern ME, Cozzone PJ.
Centre de R

Im not sure why you skipped over the 2.5 grams of glutamine, but you did.

we can certainly address the glutamine as well:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=746056&highlight=glutamine

again, certainly not a "goody" by any stretch of the imagination. Even the shitty t-nation study was using 8 gms

I have found 4-5 grams of CM to be effective for me. I do not use 2 scoops but follow the reccomendation of the owner of the company and take 6-10. With 8 scoops i get 28 grams of BCAA, 10 grams of glutamine, and 4 grams of CM. Im not sure why you mention the B6 as i think its non-essential to the formula but probably has something to do with protein ****bolism. Anyway, i would never take just 2 scoops. I usually mix 1 scoop of whey with 8 scoops of Extend and sip throughout workout/cardio/training.

I get Extend for roughly 50.00. and this works out to be about 4 weeks supply. Im ok with that. I can actuallyb get it cheaper when i combine it with other things.

And sorry bud , but i still don't understand your math. You get 90 servings at 2 scoops per serving for around 50 bucks. So with 8 scoops you'd be taking 4 servings right? well 90/4 = around a 22 day supply. 50 bucks in 22 days and you're okay with that seriously?

sorry man, i'm far too cheap for this to be a good deal, especially when the "goodies" including the glutamine are bullshit.

Not jumping your ass man, just trying to save you some cash. I work hard for mine and i'm assuming you work hard for yours. Why not make your money work hard for you?

Are you taking into account the money he gets for making this thread?

Are you taking into account the money he gets for making this thread?

no.

oh no. you don't think..... we have another rep in the house do you?

didn't go too well for the last guys if i remember correctly did it?

From the owner/President of the company. He has a thread going that chronicals his training, diet, and supplementation. Marc Lobliner. The dosing is in line with BCAA reccomendations.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=859483

*****Anywhere from .22-.44 grams per Kilogram of lean body weight is recommended by most strength coaches. They usually recommend that the BCAA's are to be consumed during the workout. A Japanese 4-5 years back found that .44 grams per kilo of lean body mass was optimal for their army recruits during their form of basic intensive training.*****

Wait,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the owner says you need to take a lot of his product for it to be effective? Imagine that.

Those army recruits also eat three meals a day, and dont' train in a normal athletic pattern or eating pattern. nice try though.

I use Xtend but it needs to be used with a SOLID diet, without that, ya you need ton of a supplement. With a solid eating plan and basic supps, 2 servings of xtend works fine. Seen it time and time again.

we can certainly address the glutamine as well:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=746056&highlight=glutamine

again, certainly not a "goody" by any stretch of the imagination. Even the shitty t-nation study was using 8 gms

And sorry bud , but i still don't understand your math. You get 90 servings at 2 scoops per serving for around 50 bucks. So with 8 scoops you'd be taking 4 servings right? well 90/4 = around a 22 day supply. 50 bucks in 22 days and you're okay with that seriously?

sorry man, i'm far too cheap for this to be a good deal, especially when the "goodies" including the glutamine are bullshit.

Not jumping your ass man, just trying to save you some cash. I work hard for mine and i'm assuming you work hard for yours. Why not make your money work hard for you?

I only take it on workout days and i work out about 22 days a month, so this lasts me around 4 weeks and im ok with that.

*Ill work out an example using bulk powders to show that im not overpaying.

Citrulline Malate Powder 75 grams $9.99

BCAA

Wait,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the owner says you need to take a lot of his product for it to be effective? Imagine that.

Those army recruits also eat three meals a day, and dont' train in a normal athletic pattern or eating pattern. nice try though.

I use Xtend but it needs to be used with a SOLID diet, without that, ya you need ton of a supplement. With a solid eating plan and basic supps, 2 servings of xtend works fine. Seen it time and time again.

The dosing for extend is based on normal BCAA protocals used by some very popular strength coaches, Charles Poliquin being one to name. Citruline Malate needs to be dosed a bit higher then 1 gram. Glutamine has good results at 5-10 grams. Its all there in one formula. My wife takes less then 8 scoops and gets good results but she is 112 lbs.

Back