Economy Trumps military parade to cost 92 million

And you totally refuse to address the main disagreement between us. The idea that the world has lost respect for the US under Trump's leadership is true and there is data to back that up, but you'll believe that the decline occurred under Obama and is getting better under Trump, and you have nothing to back that up.

Care to respond to that?

We're talking about two different kinds of respect. There is a respect that demands obedience and the childish kind you're talking about.

Absolutely incorrect. Obama was wildly popular all over Europe (more than warranted imo), and I'd bet nearly everywhere else too. Trump is almost universally hated in the same places they loved Obama. I can't imagine how you could possibly think the opposite. It's really hard for me to believe that you're being sincere. Where did you go, where they hated Obama and liked Trump?

Again I'm not talking about popularity or reverence. I'm talking about a particular kind of respect.

We're talking about two different kinds of respect. There is a respect that demands obedience and the childish kind you're talking about.
LMAO! Yes, we are definitely talking about different kinds of respect. Your definition is the kind that the mafia would use and mine is the one intelligent leader types would use.

Boy, you got exposed bigly.

Those points are completely irrelevant. The islands are now built and crawling with military personnel, same with Crimea. And Trump has hammered Putin.

The island doesnt have much military on it at all. We fly by it all the time, like how Russia flies by the Alaska a lot.
Pretty funny video. "YOU GO NOW" "Go away!" LMFAO seriously watch it. I shit you not at 2:04 in the video the Chinese guy meows like a cat(like the movie super troopers) at 1:47 he calls himself a "Chinese terrorist guy" its amazing.

Again I'm not talking about popularity or reverence. I'm talking about a particular kind of respect.

I'm sure you think you're "respected" on this forum as well lol. "Hey man, everyone hates me.. just means they respect me tho!"

5_wWqUmA2T2yROlQ9EKI8ZnOVmoTyQgmtpnUf3tE5qg.jpg

And you totally refuse to address the main disagreement between us. The idea that the world has lost respect for the US under Trump's leadership is true and there is data to back that up, but you'll believe that the decline occurred under Obama and is getting better under Trump, and you have nothing to back that up.

Care to respond to that?

maybe the "world" @Tropodan refers to consist solely of Russia and Israel. Polls do show an increase in confidence with Trump and the US compared to Obama for those two nations. It dropped dramatically for 35 other nations though (includes most of our allies)...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...a4f1bc-5857-11e7-840b-512026319da7_story.html

maybe the "world" @Tropodan refers to consist solely of Russia and Israel. Polls do show an increase in confidence with Trump and the US compared to Obama for those two nations. It dropped dramatically for 35 other nations though (includes most of our allies)...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...a4f1bc-5857-11e7-840b-512026319da7_story.html
Yeah, I think you're probably right. That or he is taking the extreme right winger view of "respect" (respect for authoritarians, for example). But to say the world has lost respect and Trump is bring it back is just flat out false.

Also, I would bet the house that Putin had much more respect for Obama compared to Trump. He undoubtedly views Trump as an ignorant buffoon that is advancing Russia's interests or a corrupt one that he can manipulate.

The island doesnt have much military on it at all. We fly by it all the time, like how Russia flies by the Alaska a lot.
Pretty funny video. "YOU GO NOW" "Go away!" LMFAO seriously watch it. I shit you not at 2:04 in the video the Chinese guy meows like a cat(like the movie super troopers) at 1:47 he calls himself a "Chinese terrorist guy" its amazing.

The conversation was in the context of it "still being there" under Trump, insinuating that if they respected Trump more they would have removed it. Or, Trump could bomb it. America could have blown them up under Obama, not the case under Trump.

A particular kind of respect you can't explain or quantify in any meaningful way.

The conversation was in the context of it "still being there" under Trump, insinuating that if they respected Trump more they would have removed it. Or, Trump could bomb it. America could have blown them up under Obama, not the case under Trump.
<Dany07>

Dropping bombs on our largest trading partner because they're building sand dunes in the ocean.

I think you mean fear, not respect. And again, where did you go that you found people negative toward Obama and positive toward Trump? It's a simple question, in response to your claim.

A particular kind of respect you can't explain or quantify in any meaningful way.

It's self explanatory. Are you a child? Do I need to tell you a story about little Johnny who never yelled at his mom again because daddy cuffed him upside the head?

It's self explanatory. Are you a child? Do I need to tell you a story about little Johnny who never yelled at his mom again because daddy cuffed him upside the head?

Go ahead an regale me.

I can't wait for this.

tumblr_n53b8vCAOg1smcbm7o1_500.gif

I think you mean fear, not respect. And again, where did you go that you found people negative toward Obama and positive toward Trump? It's a simple question, in response to your claim.

re·spect
rəˈspekt/
noun
  1. 1.
    a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
    "the director had a lot of respect forDouglas as an actor"
    synonyms: esteem, regard, high opinion, admiration, reverence, deference, honor
    "the respect due to a great artist"
  2. 2.
    a particular aspect, point, or detail.
    "the government's record in this respect is a mixed one"
    synonyms: aspect, regard, facet, feature, way, sense, particular, point, detail
    "the report was accurate in every respect"

It's just worth coming back to this for seconds. "Demands obedience". Boy, I find it really weird how many right wingers want to be dominated by leaders. And I find it even weirder that you would find the kind I am referring to as childish.

re·spect
rəˈspekt/
noun
  1. 1.
    a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
    "the director had a lot of respect forDouglas as an actor"
    synonyms: esteem, regard, high opinion, admiration, reverence, deference, honor
    "the respect due to a great artist"
  2. 2.
    a particular aspect, point, or detail.
    "the government's record in this respect is a mixed one"
    synonyms: aspect, regard, facet, feature, way, sense, particular, point, detail
    "the report was accurate in every respect"
Where is the part about demanding obedience? Also, "admiration" is perfectly in line with the way I was using the term. Boy, you're digging yourself in deeper.

Again, I'm not talking about popularity.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Respect for our country has dropped considerably since Trump. That is a fact backed by polls. All you are talking about is a "particular" kind of respect that is undefined.

Sounds (looks and smells) like bullshit to me...

It's a misleading question, I'm not talking about popularity.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Respect for our country has dropped considerably since Trump. That is a fact backed by polls. All you are talking about is a "particular" kind of respect that is undefined.

Sounds (looks and smells) like bullshit to me...

Its changing rapidly and will continue to.

Back