Trump-Ukraine v12 - IC Nothing

Did Trump cross the line

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
of course not, there's a transcript with the President requesting a foreign government look into conspiracy theories for his benefit, as well as witness to that call that has stated that the transcript omitted Trump asking about Burisma and Biden. But if it makes you feel better, the testimony of the two witnesses yesterday did nothing to make me think Trump should be convicted or whatever the legal equivalent is for an Impeachment inquiry.

I see where we disagree: you think allegations against Biden are conspiracy theories, and investigating Biden’s corruption is for Trump’s personal benefit. I see the opposite. But having seen the transcript, it does not show any wrongdoing whatsoever. Its significance, if any, is wholly dependent upon extrinsic evidence of its context. And even then, IMO Trump is within his rights to ask Ukraine to assist in investigating Biden.

No, that means a lot because people lie and the President easily could have been lying about his reasons for firing Shokin, he could have just incorrectly assumed Biden wanted him fired because of an investigation into his son.

Actually, the Ukrainian President’s word is more significant than Biden’s, because Biden is the subject of this controversy. I would expect Joe to lie to save his own skin, and any statement he makes is presumptively self-serving. FWIW, he’s already been caught lying about his knowledge of Hunter’s Ukraine activities.

I’d like to hear from everyone, and then We the People can judge who is telling the truth. I really don’t understand why anyone would object to that.

You don't trust Kent or care what he has to say but you trust and care what Shokin has to say? Kent's statements about Shokin could easily be refuted by anyone in the State Department that would have known about the official policy of the US in regards to Ukraine during that time period. Trump could easily find that out and then release that info to the public, it's all he had to do if he really wanted Biden investigated for corruption instead of running a shadow foreign policy with Giuliani at point.

All witnesses don't need to be called, only those that are relevant. Like Republicans wanting to call Biden and his son....they're not relevant to whether or not Trump committed a crime, neither is the whistleblower.

Refuted and disputed—two different concepts. I don’t see the harm in having Shokin testify. As I explained earlier, Burisma likely lobbied for his firing, so I’m not going to take anyone’s word that he was corrupt. I’d rather hear from the man himself.

And no, we’re not going to limit this impeachment inquiry to discussion of Trump’s wrongdoing. It’s a two-way street, or it’s a no-way street. The public won’t accept artificial limitations on the inquiry, because the misconduct of Hunter and Joe is directly relevant to Trump’s actions. All witnesses need to be called, and nothing Congress does should be hidden from public scrutiny. If Democrats refuse to be transparent, they shouldn’t be surprised that nobody trusts them. We will throw the bums out in 2020 and punish them straight to Hell.

David French is the guy William Kristol wrote in for President in 2016. William Kristol was one of the NeoCons that got us into the Iraq War.

The left is now fully believing narratives put forward by NeoCons.

TDS makes for strange bedfellows.

So you can’t argue against his points and go after character. Lol at you losing this one champ.

So when Schiff lies it's just "parody"?
He definitely exaggerated for effect and I think it was the wrong thing to do. He should have just stated the facts without any interpretation. I do think it was the only reason the WH released the rough transcript though. A major piece of evidence against Trump.

That's hearsay. Shokin didn't hear Biden directly state that he was having him (Shokin) fired because of an investigation into Hunter. Shokin claims to have heard that from the President of Ukraine. The US position was made pretty clear by Kent in his testimony yesterday, he gave reasons as to why Shokin had to be relieved. Shokin wasn't prosecuting corruption and even further more, he was actively hindering US led efforts against corruption in Ukraine.

@JamesRussler is apparently a huge fan of corrupt officials as he’s willing to believe a 2nd hand account from a corrupt prosecutor over first hand information from American Patriots. I bet you also believe Putin when he says Russia didn’t do nothing.

You seem to have the mistaken belief that somehow Biden's dealings have any relevance to the impeachment hearing. It wouldn't matter if Biden murdered someone, Trump cannot do what he did to try and "get" Biden. Do you really not get that? Spending all this time trying to convince people that Biden in guilty is a waste of your effort. But we both know why you're doing it...

Oh hi there Fogie. So nice to see you. How is everything? How’s work?

Interesting example. If Biden murdered someone in Ukraine, Trump surely can ask Ukraine to investigate it. In fact, Trump would arguably have an obligation to make sure it’s investigated. I doubt anyone would have a problem with that—even Congressional Democrats.

Now, switch murder with extortion or obstruction of justice, and the outcome should be the same. The fact that Joe decided to run for President should not insulate him from scrutiny. The only hangup is Democrats don’t want Joe to be investigated. They’re not curious in the slightest.

He definitely exaggerated for effect and I think it was the wrong thing to do. He should have just stated the facts without any interpretation. I do think it was the only reason the WH released the rough transcript though. A major piece of evidence against Trump.

Well I think in the context of Trump's effort to get them to investigate the Crowdstrike CT, Schiff's comments weren't too far off base.

That's a pretty clear call to manufacture dirt if you ask me.

As opposed to the many hare-brained impeachment theories that many people here have been promoting, I think it might make sense to impeach Trump on the grounds that Giuliani and/or others were acting as ambassadors in lieu of Senate confirmation. If that could be proved, it would impeachable in my view. The Constitution is clear that ambassadors must have Senate approval.

You would never admit to anything and would try your best to move goal posts. Come on man be honest with yourself, it’s what you do.

Case in point why the whistleblower identity needs to be protected. There are more people like you with worse ideas on how this person should be treated.

Why doncha cry about it? If you wanna be a martyr, don’t be surprised when you get nailed to a cross.

@JamesRussler is apparently a huge fan of corrupt officials as he’s willing to believe a 2nd hand account from a corrupt prosecutor over first hand information from American Patriots. I bet you also believe Putin when he says Russia didn’t do nothing.

I’ll bet you believe Russia conspired with Trump to steal the 2016 election.

Oh that’s right, Robert Mueller shattered your conspiracy theory, and it was huge embarrassment for you. Now your guys are under criminal investigation.

Well I think in the context of Trump's effort to get them to investigate the Crowdstrike CT, Schiff's comments weren't too far off base.

That's a pretty clear call to manufacture dirt if you ask me.
I don't think that's even necessary to appease Trump's demands. Any dirt is besides the point. The important thing is for a public statement that official investigations were opened on those matters. If we are to believe they were any kind of legitimate investigations the election would be over before any determination was made.

Unfortunately, the facts are democrats have zero proof.

The transcript doesn’t say what you think it does. It literally clears Trump.

Please continue wasting time on this instead of focusing on the election. Thanks.

So when Schiff lies it's just "parody"?
When Trump asks for politically favorable investigations, he's just joking?
China should investigate the Bidens because "what happened in China is just about as bad as what happened with Ukraine."

"You really think he was serious about thinking that China's going to investigate the Biden family?" GOP Rep. Jim Jordan said on ABC's "This Week."

I’ll bet you believe Russia conspired with Trump to steal the 2016 election.

Oh that’s right, Robert Mueller shattered your conspiracy theory, and it was huge embarrassment for you. Now your guys are under criminal investigation.
Rusher are you listening?

Unfortunately, the facts are democrats have zero proof.

The transcript doesn’t say what you think it does. It literally clears Trump.

Please continue wasting time on this instead of focusing on the election. Thanks.
<YeahOKJen>

A poor man's would be dictator. It was a pathetic sight watching Erdogan and Trump's postures yesterday. "I'm a big fan" what a fucking cuck. <DisgustingHHH>

What about when Duterte called Obama a Son of a Bitch, told him to go to hell, and didn’t roll out the red carpet for him? And Kim Jong Un racially insulted Obama? And when Putin filled the void left by Obama in the Middle East against terrorism? Or when Putin took Crimea right in Obama’s face and Barrack was too scared to say a thing?

Obama was the ultimate cuck lol.

What about when Duterte called Obama a Son of a Bitch? And Kim Jong Un racially insulted Obama? And when Putin filled the void left by Obama in the Middle East against terrorism? Or when Putin took Crimea right in Obama’s face and Barrack was too scared to say a thing?

Obama was the ultimate cuck lol.
Obama was the ultimate "the black" that drove all the white nationalists insane. Trump is our Duterte and we should all be concerned he wields the power of the Presidency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back