International Trump to expel Chinese grad students with ties to PLA schools

Foreign students supply 60% of fresh graduates entering the US STEM workforce. Good luck with maintaining technological edge after you drive away your talent pool.

Last year, for example, 62 percent of all international students in US colleges and universities were in science and engineering fields. Almost seventy percent of those were from either India or China.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/arthurherman/2018/09/10/americas-high-tech-stem-crisis/

How about Americans students couldn't make the cut so foreigners need to fill the quota?
The hell does India or any other country have to do with this? It didn't say "foreign", it said Chinese students linked to china's military schools. That's under 3,000 students. Don't know if the US will need "good luck with maintaining technological edge", but China likely will when they can no longer sends spies to rip off American advances.

They will be replaced by Americans. How about Americans that got denied because of quotas?
American don't get denied from quotas. What unis do now (and University of Washington got FUCKED UP over this one a couple years ago)... They just take 51% in state students and then like 40% international.

WHY? The INT students tuition is BONKERS level high, and most international students come from very well to do families that the unis want to turn into donors... aka, whales... aka, fucking cashcows.

The hell does India or any other country have to do with this? It didn't say "foreign", it said Chinese students linked to china's military schools. That's under 3,000 students. Don't know if the US will need "good luck with maintaining technological edge", but China likely will when they can no longer sends spies to rip off American advances.
Virtually every post-secondary institution in China has "links" to PLA or the Communist Party.

Yeah there's something called the Constitution in US and Canada that kinda forbids selectively applying laws on the basis of nationality or race. The ban will last about two hours before getting struck down.

Is it in the Canadian constitution or BNA act? I was under the impression we can absilutly direct immigration policy at given countries.

Foreign students supply 60% of fresh graduates entering the US STEM workforce. Good luck with maintaining technological edge after you drive away your talent pool.

Last year, for example, 62 percent of all international students in US colleges and universities were in science and engineering fields. Almost seventy percent of those were from either India or China.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/arthurherman/2018/09/10/americas-high-tech-stem-crisis/

How about Americans students couldn't make the cut so foreigners need to fill the quota?

Meanwhile, it’s true that STEM grads are increasing as a percentage of American university and college grads. But a dwindling number of those students are Americans themselves.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/arthurherman/2018/09/10/americas-high-tech-stem-crisis/#60c215e3f0a2

The Chinese send students here because of our technological and innovative edge. The Chinese are good at churning out worker bee engineers but the next level discoveries on which industries are built mostly come from the West. Many other of these engineering grads go on to management or non-engineering jobs. Not all grads are created equal. So there will be nothing lost but much gained in preventing theft of our IP.

Yeah there's something called the Constitution in US and Canada that kinda forbids selectively applying laws on the basis of nationality or race. The ban will last about two hours before getting struck down.

Lol you don't understand how the US works. First of all the US constitution doesn't apply to foreigners.

This should only be the first step in punishing China. Ban all Chinese student and work visas. Next ban Chinese from buying real estate in the US.

Yes, and the bill that was passed in the House to delist Chinese companies from the US needs to become law.

I doubt this happens. Some Australian kid got kicked out of school for saying something against China. These schools care more about money than ethics.

Yes I know that is in Australia but it applies to most countries.

As you said you're talking about Aus. We can absolutely deny visas to foreigners from studying in the US. The schools will scream because they want the money but the Fed govt has the power here. And they'll try to cry racism like democrats did when Trump wanted to ban Chinese from entering the US because of the China virus. But the Fed govt can also punish them by withdrawing any Fed money they receive and discontinue any partnership with the Fed govt through which they also receive money.

Too many dummies have watched too many American movies and think the US constitution is the UN constitution and applies to everybody in the world.

It's absolutely pathetic the extent Aus is kowtowing to the Chinese. No American would ever get kicked out for saying something against China. Aus need to get some balls.

360,000 students in US universities are from China. That's a lot of tuition money.

I expect pushback from colleges.
yeah all those kids pay 100% tution and then some, big cash cows. All the ones at my school and the poorest one I've seen wears gucci every day and drives a weird Porsche like mini suv thing.

The Chinese are good at churning out worker bee engineers but the next level discoveries on which industries are built mostly come from the West.

A dangerous assumption that is not validated by history or even by recent history [Japan, Korea, Taiwan etc]. Innovation will come from those that invest in innovation and create the conditions that reward it.

A dangerous assumption that is not validated by history or even by recent history [Japan, Korea, Taiwan etc]. Innovation will come from those that invest in innovation and create the conditions that reward it.

Lol no. It's not an assumption. It's empirically true.

Lol no. It's not an assumption. It's empirically true.

The West has been the main innovator for hundreds of years now. The arrogance is that the Chinese can't innovate. It's simply not true. Even a casual look at Google shows some of the developments they are introducing:

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/featu...les-of-high-tech-innovation-in-china-3788679/

People have an idea of Chinese as robotic, non-thinking, chicom slaves who won't say boo to a goose. They've been cartoonified where they are rabid communists who only prosper by stealing American IP. This is a problem as instead of recognising that a period of intense competition is coming, some Americans are hoping to rely on trying to fight against the tide.

https://www.thegeniusworks.com/2019...nnovation-and-leadership-of-chinese-business/

Comparing China to the West

So what is different from China compared to the West? Certainly, there are plenty of American equivalents to pioneers and changemakers – what is giving China the edge today?

A lot of it comes down to process. Western companies have more formal, bureaucratic structures. Chinese companies are far looser and more informal. In the West, innovation is driven by process, which is often slow by nature. In China, teams will huddle around a boss, who will then make a decision very quickly.

Because of this streamlined approach to decision-making, China just does things faster. Trial and error can happen faster. Failure can happen faster. Learning from mistakes can happen faster. And because the Chinese market is already growing rapidly, the pace encourages companies to move just as fast. In the West, you still have to jump through hoops to achieve innovation. In China, they go for it.

Last edited:
The West has been the main innovator for hundreds of years now. The arrogance is that the Chinese can't innovate. It's simply not true. Even a casual look at Google shows some of the developments they are introducing:
https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/featu...les-of-high-tech-innovation-in-china-3788679/

I did not say they can't innovate. I said most innovations come from the West. They will have some but nothing in comparison to the West. Who came up with Google, Facebook, Twitter, Netflix, Tesla, and so on. Then the Chinese imitated these companies after the fact and their offerings are still inferior. Do you really want to use Baidu over Google? Or Nio over Tesla?

I did not say they can't innovate. I said most innovations come from the West. They will have some but nothing in comparison to the West. ...

Well, don't rest on your laurels because they don't hold that belief.

Is it in the Canadian constitution or BNA act? I was under the impression we can absilutly direct immigration policy at given countries.
(3) This Act is to be construed and applied in a manner that
(d) ensures that decisions taken under this Act are consistent with the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, including its principles of equality and freedom from discrimination and of the equality of English and French as the official languages of Canada;
(f) complies with international human rights instruments to which Canada is signatory.
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/i-2.5/page-1.html

15. (1) Every individual is equal before and under the law and has the right to the equal protection and equal benefit of the law without discrimination and, in particular, without discrimination based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.
https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/csj-sjc/rfc-dlc/ccrf-ccdl/check/art15.html

I did not say they can't innovate. I said most innovations come from the West. They will have some but nothing in comparison to the West. Who came up with Google, Facebook, Twitter, Netflix, Tesla, and so on. Then the Chinese imitated these companies after the fact and their offerings are still inferior. Do you really want to use Baidu over Google? Or Nio over Tesla?
People used to say the same thing about US in 19th century that it can only copy after Britain. It was said of Japan in the 1960's and South Korea in the 1980's. You need to understand that countries don't stay still in terms of their technological innovation. China already files more patents than US as of last year, a key indicator of innovation.

China’s patent applications reached 1.5 million in 2018, more than twice the number in the U.S., as the Chinese country pushes ahead to become a global technology power. China accounted for 46 percent of patent filings globally.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/rebecc...us-on-patents-can-be-misleading/#5356b3b7302c

Last edited:
Im just wondering at this point when are some of you going to see china for the threat that it is and be on board with doing something about it?

Whenever i see someone want to take measures against china i always see so many of you show up and tell us why it cant be done ... well what do you guys want to do ? China wants to change the global power structure , gives zero fucks about people and is more than willing to take advantage of us in any way we will allow it.

Back