• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Trump threatens to cut funding to 3 countries if their citizens enter the U.S. illegally

President Trump has warned three Central American countries that if they allow anyone to pass through their country to enter the U.S. illegally that America will cease all foreign aid payments to them.

In two tweets late Tuesday, Trump said that Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador have been put on alert that "all payments made to them will STOP (END)!" if the countries allow people passage on their way to the U.S.-Mexico border with the intention to enter the country illegally.

Mexico mobilized hundreds of their federal officers to their southern border to prevent the passage of a 2,000-person caravan from Honduras that had plans to travel through Mexico to the U.S.

In a follow-up tweet, Trump said :

President Trump specifically mentioned those three countries, leaving it unclear if Mexico had received the same threat.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...to-3-countries-if-citizens-enter-us-illegally

<escalate99><escalate99><escalate99><escalate99><escalate99><escalate99>

What a stupid piece of shit our President is.

Lol and Americans are still patriotic and defending their country and getting universally butthurt despite the fact that a literal clown is leading them. Smh, land of the free, land of the guns, land of imbeciles.

I agree with his stance, I just wish he didn't use Twitter for this, always trying to score points as if the election didn't end two years ago.

Doing this behind closed doors is fine. That's diplomacy. But when you're always publicly disrespecting people, you diminish America's most valuable currency: trust.

Could you imagine if your friend was throwing a party and instead of privately saying, "Hey man, don't bring your wife, she bums everyone out," he sent out an invitation to all party guests that said "Hey everyone, come to my party! Ryan, don't bring your bitch wife or I'm not opening the door!"?

He's not the only president in the world. Other leaders have to look strong and capable to their people, too. If we keep trying to make everyone look like America's bitch, they will start electing people who are hostile toward America.
I think you make a good point here, but it's no longer just about other countries trusting the US. Many Americans don't trust their own government on matters of immigration. We've had tons of promises related to slowing down mass migration for decades from both parties. None of it was worth a damn.

Can’t even see the left defend this. This is literally an invasion.
No Whites coming over to America and killing people/taking over was an invasion.

These are just people trying to get shitty American jobs so they could get money, and so their kids can become American.......That's completely different from an invasion.

I agree with his stance, I just wish he didn't use Twitter for this, always trying to score points as if the election didn't end two years ago.

Doing this behind closed doors is fine. That's diplomacy. But when you're always publicly disrespecting people, you diminish America's most valuable currency: trust.

Could you imagine if your friend was throwing a party and instead of privately saying, "Hey man, don't bring your wife, she bums everyone out," he sent out an invitation to all party guests that said "Hey everyone, come to my party! Ryan, don't bring your bitch wife or I'm not opening the door!"?

He's not the only president in the world. Other leaders have to look strong and capable to their people, too. If we keep trying to make everyone look like America's bitch, they will start electing people who are hostile toward America.

You're not wrong about twitter.

How is it disrespectful? Do you consider the phrase "anchor baby" disrespectful?

Comparing a country to a friendship seems silly. I get what you're saying, diplomacy is important but business is business and most people are able to compartmentalize the nature of running a business/country.

If they don't want to be America's bitch they need to stop taking money from Daddy.

For all you #magaboi isolationists, this is a pretty good reason to give aid to other countries. It's almost like it provides some sort of... political currency... hmm...

America should pay Central America a shitload of money for fucking it up in the first place.
Are you implying that our supporting and supplying of paramilitary death squads had negative social consequences?

Last edited:
This is how it fucking should be. The way to really end poverty is for these 3rd world countries to fix THEIR economy. Not flee. I am all for this. Lets help them build their economy.
Well America literally supported Military dictatorships in Central America....They did their best to keep Central American people oppressed.

So we not only fucked up their economy but their society..This is why they are full of crime and shit, kids are probably traumatized from all the violence from the American backed dictatorships that those kids grow up to be criminals.

So please stop simplifying the problem..It's obvious that America has their hand in all of the poverty in central America....but now they cry when those same people try to improve their lives, which the USA directly affected.......America should take responsibility.

When is Trump gonna go after the GOAT Somalia? Or do Murkans really like all the Somali influx into their country?

Eh.

I get what you're saying but all the same, I'm glad he's saying it so we know that SOMETHING IS BEING DONE about this.

All we heard last time was a huge caravan of 2000+ Honduran refugees on their way here and that's all the news we got.

Trump basically gave us the 411 of what's going to happen now and that's something I appreciate since I despise being kept in the dark.

As far as campaigning goes, he's doing this more for the Mid-terms than for himself. BUT this can help him too, down the road in 2020 a well(this would be a welcome side benefit).

You're not wrong about twitter.

How is it disrespectful? Do you consider the phrase "anchor baby" disrespectful?

Comparing a country to a friendship seems silly. I get what you're saying, diplomacy is important but business is business and most people are able to compartmentalize the nature of running a business/country.

If they don't want to be America's bitch they need to stop taking money from Daddy.

It's disrespectful to openly threaten other countries just because you have more money and power than them. He basically said, "Hey, poor countries! Handle your shit or no more food stamps." That's humiliating and puts them in a no win situation. If they don't have the resources or desire, even, to control their immigration issues, they lose funding from the world's biggest economy. However, if they manage to control their borders, they end up looking like pussies that do whatever Donald says.

It's a shitty way to treat people and people don't forget that stuff.

I think you make a good point here, but it's no longer just about other countries trusting the US. Many Americans don't trust their own government on matters of immigration. We've had tons of promises related to slowing down mass migration for decades from both parties. None of it was worth a damn.

True, but he could've gained American trust without it being at the expense of international trust. This was really sloppily done. Someone needs to take his damn phone away.

Lol and Americans are still patriotic and defending their country and getting universally butthurt despite the fact that a literal clown is leading them. Smh, land of the free, land of the guns, land of imbeciles.

Estonia is such a wonderful place to live in, I imagine....

but I'm not going to get into a flame war just 'cause you insulted my country so....

IGNORE! :kiss:

Deflection of responsibility is always fun.
Responsibility....Wut wait?

So if a person came to ur house..fucked it up....hurt your family and gave them PTSD....but then left...The family is the one responsible but not the guy who destroyed your house/family? Wow you have shitty logic.

USA should take responsibility for what it did in central america.

Should cut foreign aid funding anyways. This sounds like a good reason to start

It's disrespectful to openly threaten other countries just because you have more money and power than them. He basically said, "Hey, poor countries! Handle your shit or no more food stamps." That's humiliating and puts them in a no win situation. If they don't have the resources or desire, even, to control their immigration issues, they lose funding from the world's biggest economy. However, if they manage to control their borders, they end up looking like pussies that do whatever Donald says.

It's a shitty way to treat people and people don't forget that stuff.

It's a two way street. When a country is giving you aid and you tolerate political actions that will embarrass them like a refugee caravan, it's obvious that it would put their support for you at risk.

No Whites coming over to America and killing people/taking over was an invasion.

These are just people trying to get shitty American jobs so they could get money, and so their kids can become American.......That's completely different from an invasion.
They could, you know, do it legally?

Responsibility....Wut wait?

So if a person came to ur house..fucked it up....hurt your family and gave them PTSD....but then left...The family is the one responsible but not the guy who destroyed your house/family? Wow you have shitty logic.

USA should take responsibility for what it did in central america.
All those crossing into America (or trying) had their shit fucked up by America?

Back