Trump Tells Twitter He Wants A Super Hornet With F-35 Capabilities

{<huh}Lol... this is pretty stupid. I'm pretty sure our enemies no we have fighter jets.

Yes. Yes they do.

Now as far as their capabilities, we need to keep that under wraps. Unless I'm telling you I want a "Super F-18", I'm pretty sure the Russians and Chinese can figure out which direction R&D would be going.

We should keep our developmental ideas close to the vest.

Case in point...

Remember the "Stealth Fighter"?

"The maiden flight of the Nighthawk took place in 1981, and the aircraft achieved initial operating capability status in 1983.[1] The Nighthawk was shrouded in secrecy until it was revealed to the public in 1988.[4]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_F-117_Nighthawk

I don't remember President Reagan or Bush 1 saying something like.

"I want a bomber that's nearly invisible on radar."

I was Active Duty Air Force for 24 years and a lot of my roommates were aircraft maintenance personnel. A few of OIC's were married to pilots of various aircraft to include fighters. So, we all shot the $hit at one time or another.

At this point, wouldn't it cost billions more to remake the F-18 than stay the course with the F-35

If I'm not mistaken, Boeing has a comparable aircraft, it just wasn't chosen. It's called the X32. And It's ugly as shit.

And the last thing you heard from pussy obama was when he was drinking that beer with that professor

So what Trump is doing is making two contractors Boeing and LM, duke it out, like you're supposed to, in order to make the best and cheapest plane?

what's wrong with that?, everything is done that way, we went to the moon that way.

Liberals just want to try and make something out of nothing since their side got smoked this election.

So what Trump is doing is making two contractors Boeing and LM, duke it out, like you're supposed to, in order to make the best and cheapest plane?

If I'm not mistaken, Boeing has a comparable aircraft, it just wasn't chosen. It's called the X32. And It's ugly as shit.

Boeing HAD a comparable aircraft in the X32 when they already "duked it out" with Lockheed for the JSF contract over a decade ago. It was decidedly inferior to the LM offering (then X35). If you think the F35 has been a developmental nightmare, trying to get a Boeing F32 up and running now would give you f*cking PTSD.

Last edited:
Lol @ all these online experts

You're referring to Trump in this post, right? I mean what the fuck is he talking about? Hey the F-35 has cost us a shitload, so let's scrap it and try to redesign a 40 year old plane instead. It's like he just watched Independence Day and thought he'd get on Twitter and show off his fighter jet knowledge. No wonder Russia wants this asshole in power.

I can't wait for him to start telling Ford and GM what kind of cars they should be making.

2VdQMIP.jpg

Yes. Yes they do.

Now as far as their capabilities, we need to keep that under wraps. Unless I'm telling you I want a "Super F-18", I'm pretty sure the Russians and Chinese can figure out which direction R&D would be going.

We should keep our developmental ideas close to the vest.

Case in point...

Remember the "Stealth Fighter"?

"The maiden flight of the Nighthawk took place in 1981, and the aircraft achieved initial operating capability status in 1983.[1] The Nighthawk was shrouded in secrecy until it was revealed to the public in 1988.[4]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_F-117_Nighthawk

I don't remember President Reagan or Bush 1 saying something like.

"I want a bomber that's nearly invisible on radar."

I was Active Duty Air Force for 24 years and a lot of my roommates were aircraft maintenance personnel. A few of OIC's were married to pilots of various aircraft to include fighters. So, we all shot the $hit at one time or another.

they only did that with the RQ-170 Sentinel

they had 2 or 3 squadrons of them that the public didnt know about .

HAHAHAHAAHAHAH... hold on... HAHAHAHAHAHA WTF? Trump is an idiot.

i mean theyd still have to some Frame modifications. Also they'd still have to put the same stealth coating on the F-18

Stealth is more than a coating.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAH... hold on... HAHAHAHAHAHA WTF? Trump is an idiot.

Stealth is more than a coating.

yeah i'm aware, i just wanna know what the hell he's talking about or what he's expecting boeing can do with the F-18 frame.

i mean i could understand if he asked Northrop to bring out the YF-23 or jumpstart the F-22 line?

Cygnus, i want ah-64 with the same capabilities of F-35

Anyone else thing the Pentagon or whoever should just mark the F-35 up as a failure, bite the bullet of the money lost on the project and move on?

I swear I remember hearing about this thing in production for near a decade. I know it takes a while for shit to get developed but fuck me... all I have heard about for a decade is problems.

i think its fucking rad that he can constantly put messages out instantly without any media spin. its way more transparent and accessible

the last time a president did this was roosevelts fireside chats

Its awesome. Straight to the people, fuck the media. Trump has everyone shook. Its the most refreshing thing I've seen in American politics in decades.

Anyone else thing the Pentagon or whoever should just mark the F-35 up as a failure, bite the bullet of the money lost on the project and move on?

I swear I remember hearing about this thing in production for near a decade. I know it takes a while for shit to get developed but fuck me... all I have heard about for a decade is problems.

The F-35B is already working with marines

the A should be operational soon...

if we do that you'll need to figure out what exactly we are gonna with all the F-16 and old hornets that need to be replaced. It's long over due

He's just looking for a better deal than the current one. If you think he's broadcasting to the rest of the world what equipment he wants to use, then you're more stupid than you think he is being. Nothing wrong with a little shaming of these companies for their sloppyness, keep em on their toes.

i mean theyd still have to some Frame modifications. Also they'd still have to put the same stealth coating on the F-18
yeah i'm aware, i just wanna know what the hell he's talking about or what he's expecting boeing can do with the F-18 frame.

i mean i could understand if he asked Northrop to bring out the YF-23 or jumpstart the F-22 line?

Cygnus, i want ah-64 with the same capabilities of F-35

The problem is, he doesn't know what is is talking about, and that is a scary thing.

The F35 costs as much as it does, precisely because of the capabilities the DoD wanted the it to have. You dont just say "give me a cheaper plane with the same capabilities".

The problem is, he doesn't know what is is talking about, and that is a scary thing.

But he's got everybody shook, broseph! Shook!

Isn't that more important than having some rudimentary level of competency?

The US already has ~100 war ready airframes (A and B models). Not a lot of point wasting them on ISIS just yet but if sh*t hit the fan in say, the South China Sea, they'd be on call right away.

Waiting for Sharks with laser beams attached to their frickin heads.

He wants our flagship fighter to be a non-stealth plane?

Does this guy even understand how our air superiority works?

He's probably aiming to break up the notoriously incestuous relationship between Lockheed Martin and the Department of Defense.

Back