Trump Tells Twitter He Wants A Super Hornet With F-35 Capabilities

i think its fucking rad that he can constantly put messages out instantly without any media spin. its way more transparent and accessible

the last time a president did this was roosevelts fireside chats

Except the fireside chats were scripted and measured. Trump just says things with no filter. It's not good for a head of state.

i think its fucking rad that he can constantly put messages out instantly without any media spin. its way more transparent and accessible

the last time a president did this was roosevelts fireside chats
Comparing an FDR fireside chat to a Trump tweet?

We are so fucking doomed.

What trump thinks a super hornet really looks like....
bh-color.png

I'm still concerned his main outlet is Twitter.
And the last thing you heard from pussy obama was when he was drinking that beer with that professor

So what Trump is doing is making two contractors Boeing and LM, duke it out, like you're supposed to, in order to make the best and cheapest plane?

what's wrong with that?, everything is done that way, we went to the moon that way.

Last edited:
So much for..

"We ALWAYS tell the enemy what we're doing! I, I, wanna be unpredictable!"

Someone please take away this mans' twitter account before he starts posting social security numbers....

{<huh}Lol... this is pretty stupid. I'm pretty sure our enemies no we have fighter jets.

And the last thing you heard from pussy obama was when he was drinking that beer with that professor

So what Trump is doing is making two contractors Boeing and LM, duke it out, like you're supposed to, in order to make the best and cheapest plane?

what's wrong with that?, everything is done that way, we went to the moon that way.

I didn't make a policy comment. I said he shouldn't be making policy announcements via Twitter.

lol northrops over there just chillin

Well the f35s dont work so.......
That's strange. They seem to be doing pretty well actually. Development was delayed and there were massive cost overruns, but that seems to be mostly over now, and actual production and flight testing has been pretty positive. They won't win a dog fight, but they'd never fight in one anyway because they take out superhornets before superhornets even know they are in the air.

Building a superhornet with the stealth capabilities of an F-35 would require a ground up rebuild. You can't just slap some paint on it, you'll have to redesign the whole thing. It would be like doing the F-35 all over again.

Building a superhornet with the stealth capabilities of an F-35 would require a ground up rebuild. You can't just slap some paint on it, you'll have to redesign the whole thing. It would be like doing the F-35 all over again.

What he's asking for is simply not possible. It would be like asking for a quote on a P51 that has the capabilities of an F86 Sabre. It's one or the other Mr President - you can't have your cake and eat it too unfortunately.

What he's asking for is simply not possible. It would be like asking for a quote on a P51 that has the capabilities of an F86 Sabre. It's one or the other Mr President - you can't have your cake and eat it too unfortunately.
He is essentially asking Boeing to price check the cost of a brand new gen 5 stealth plane, but to call it an superhornet. It'd be great to have Boeing and LM run competing designs and all, but that ship has sailed. It won't be anywhere close to feasible to have Boeing design and build a competitor to the F-35 when the F-35 is so far ahead at this point.

He is essentially asking Boeing to price check the cost of a brand new gen 5 stealth plane, but to call it an superhornet. It'd be great to have Boeing and LM run competing designs and all, but that ship has sailed. It won't be anywhere close to feasible to have Boeing design and build a competitor to the F-35 when the F-35 is so far ahead at this point.

If thats the case then what he is asking for is another 10 years of developmental pain and agony. Boeing had their shot at the JSF and fell short. My hope is that he is doing his best at firing some warning shots over the bow of Lockheed to put them on notice, but that he is ultimately listening to the experts in the USAF/USN/USMC who can doubtlessly tell him what the truth is.

Last edited:
I'm still concerned his main outlet is Twitter.

Yeah, I'm concerned he twittered/tweeted/twatted this as well.

Keep some shit up your sleeve grand wizard (that was for all you "Trump is a KKK member crowd").

Hopefully he's not an absolute dick President. I want him to succeed.

Bbbbbbut criticizing hyperbloated pentagon projects is un-American!

As an engineer, if I worked for Boeing and the CEO or PM told me to start working on this, I'd probably pull my hair out. It makes very little sense from a business case.
But non-critical thinkers are going to read the tweet and think Trump is sticking it to the MIC or something.

Military industrial complex feeling a strong pimphand.

^ Non critical thinker.

How in the world is he going to retrofit an F-18 with short take off/vertical landing capability?

Not possible. While I won't rule it out, I'd be astonished if he followed though on this. The jet has finally started to deliver the goods, and canning it now would be a huge slap in the face to all of the allied nations that have invested significant amounts of their own strategic planning and national treasure into having the program succeed.

Back