Trump states that this is the time to increase the national debt

Can someone point out to me where he said he wants to increase military spending?

He's made several statements about making our military stronger.
Hes also called for us not defending other countries without getting payment, so without actual numbers i could just as easily say he can make the military more powerful without spending more if we arent spending money defending other countries

The thing is most people think of national debt as credit card debt. So it makes sense that people who are fiscally responsible in their personal lives would look at our national debt and think "WTF?!?!"

They see all the memes with "You make $30K a year and $1,000,000 in credit card debt."
That's actually a great idea.

We're already $21+ trillion in debt. We're not going to pay that back lol. Why not continue maxing out the credit card while the credit card company is dumb enough to keep lending us money before we declare bankrupsty/ inflate it away?

{<hhh] {<hhh]{<hhh]{<hhh]{<hhh]{<hhh]

Now, we're all aware of Trump's policy proposals, such as they are, which mostly involve slashing taxes, pumping military spending, and a massive immigration crackdown. Most people should be aware this would increase the national debt, though Trump has denied it until recently. As he should, as many of his supporters are claim to be fiscal conservatives, who are ostensibly for reducing deficit spending.

Well, Trump has now wholeheartedly embraced the idea of racking up debt when debt is cheap.

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000542306

Now, personally, I'm for this, just as I was when it was Obama's policy. But I'm curious to see what the fiscal conservatives in his camp think of this plan.

1 point for b-but Hillary, or other whataboutisms
2 points for it'll pay for itself
3 points for out of context
4 points for biased media
5 points for getting called a ctr shill
Not what I wanted to hear, but the alternative is still worse...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...mSVpkNHFhQkpnY3dCVytnZVp5RUtZbkw1QWd0TUE9In0=

If he is going to spend money, at least his priorities (e.g., infrastructure, military) are better than Hilary's (e.g., college tuition, expansion of Obamacare).

Have any of the Trump supporters even commented? I'd like to hear their thoughts

Does this make you guys like him less or more?

Trumpsters are allergic to policy discussions. If the OP wants them to read this thread he's gonna have to slip something about Muslims or BLM into the title.

We are never going to pay our debt because we will always spend more than we produce. It will never be paid.

People care about jobs. They care about jobs because they HAVE to pay their debts. Hillary so far is championing high tech jobs that don't exist and have qualifications beyond those currently unemployed or employed poorly. She hasn't fully acknowledged the shittiness of the many trade deals she voted for or supported. She will however, give some more money to minorities who so it's all ok.

It sickens me that I should vote for Hillary out of my best interests. I'm a web dev in the DC area and all my work is based on government contracts. For the last 3 years, it's been all environmental contracts e.g., DoD, EPA, NOAA. Everyone around me is subtly telling me to vote for Hillary and like I said, it sickens me.

Last edited:
We are never going to pay our debt because we will always spend more than we produce. It will never be paid.

People care about jobs. They care about jobs because they HAVE to pay their debts.

We pay our debts. That is what debt service is. The fact that we will never be debt free does not mean our debts are not paid. We have an excellent credit rating specifically because we ALWAYS pay.

The issue is, like @PolishHeadlock pointed out, you don't understand the difference between household debt and large entity debt. The issue is whether the debt increases our payments more than the projects for which it is spent increase our ability to pay debt. Credit card debt, and most other kinds of personal debt, rarely increase ability to pay debt more rapidly than they increase payments, as the interest rate is do high. The government gets debt much more cheaply, so it doesn't have this problem.

We pay our debts. That is what debt service is. The fact that we will never be debt free does not mean our debts are not paid. We have an excellent credit rating specifically because we ALWAYS pay.

The US government is like the Lannisters and Hillary is Tywin while Trump is Joffrey.

Last edited:
This thread has been squashed.

Now onto the next whiny, pissant thread.

Back