Trump states that this is the time to increase the national debt

Quipling

classical conservative
@Silver
Reaction score
Now, we're all aware of Trump's policy proposals, such as they are, which mostly involve slashing taxes, pumping military spending, and a massive immigration crackdown. Most people should be aware this would increase the national debt, though Trump has denied it until recently. As he should, as many of his supporters are claim to be fiscal conservatives, who are ostensibly for reducing deficit spending.

Well, Trump has now wholeheartedly embraced the idea of racking up debt when debt is cheap.

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000542306

Now, personally, I'm for this, just as I was when it was Obama's policy. But I'm curious to see what the fiscal conservatives in his camp think of this plan.

1 point for b-but Hillary, or other whataboutisms
2 points for it'll pay for itself
3 points for out of context
4 points for biased media
5 points for getting called a ctr shill

Do they get bonus points for changing their mind about the debt too?

The debt hysteria we saw from Republicans while Dems were trying to get us out of the GFC was pretense. The debt is very low on Republicans' list of concerns. Cutting rich people's taxes is a lot more important.

He was going to get rid of the debt relatively easy from what he originally said. Hard to take either thing he said seriously for the fact that he just says whatever on whatever day. He doesn't know anything he's talking about. He's too busy talking to learn anything first.

13 minutes and nobody has scored yet! Wtf is this, soccer?!

How many points if you point out Hillary is a lizard man with an army of demon assassins?

So, Trump supporters and apologists:. Nothing?

Wow the silence is deafening

Wow the silence is deafening
Trump supporters shamelessly defended his "2nd amendment people could do something" comment and his "Obama is the founder of ISIS" comment (even though Trump also supported a swift pullout from Iraq). I'm sure the supporters are busy doing the necessary mental gymnastics to explain themselves here.

That or they unfortunately accidentally drowned themselves while washing dishes somehow

You're a liberal who is inept at using logic.

Mr. Trump's policy on debt is based on a principle he created called Schrödinger's Debt. Simply put (for your liberal pea brain), under Mr. Trump's plan, the debt can be both paid off and increased at the same time and its quantum state can change based on when policy is being interpreted by Mr. Trump. Its not a contradiction. Last week, his policy would have eliminated the debt in 8 years. That was true. This week, it will increase the national debt. This is also true. Next week, it may be deficit neutral and neither increase nor decrease the national debt. Its complex physics but the math works because Republican concern over the national debt is also a quantum state that changes based on who is President.

Mr. Trump's policy on debt is based on a principle he created called Schrödinger's Debt. Simply put (for your liberal pea brain), under Mr. Trump's plan, the debt can be both paid off and increased at the same time and its quantum state can change based on when policy is being interpreted by Mr. Trump. Its not a contradiction. Last week, his policy would have eliminated the debt in 8 years. That was true. This week, it will increase the national debt. This is also true. Next week, it may be deficit neutral and neither increase nor decrease the national debt. Its complex physics but the math works because Republican concern over the national debt is also a quantum state that changes based on who is President.

Brilliant!

I "lol'd"

only two things I care about. The wall and death camps…

Bush doubled the debt in eight years, Obama doubled the debt in eight years, so anything south of 20 trillion extra debt is a step in the right direction.

Now, we're all aware of Trump's policy proposals, such as they are, which mostly involve slashing taxes, pumping military spending, and a massive immigration crackdown. Most people should be aware this would increase the national debt, though Trump has denied it until recently. As he should, as many of his supporters are claim to be fiscal conservatives, who are ostensibly for reducing deficit spending.

Well, Trump has now wholeheartedly embraced the idea of racking up debt when debt is cheap.

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000542306

Now, personally, I'm for this, just as I was when it was Obama's policy. But I'm curious to see what the fiscal conservatives in his camp think of this plan.

1 point for b-but Hillary, or other whataboutisms
2 points for it'll pay for itself
3 points for out of context
4 points for biased media
5 points for getting called a ctr shill

TBH not all that many people who scream about the debt are fiscal conservatives. All they know is that it's a buzzword to hit Obama with which sounds like a criticism of "liberal policies" to those who don't understand anything about economics.

Trump also thought that starting a mortgage company in 2007 was a good idea.

only two things I care about. The wall and death camps…

Bush doubled the debt in eight years, Obama doubled the debt in eight years, so anything south of 20 trillion extra debt is a step in the right direction.

I thought even Trump supporters knew the wall was just a joke.

He was going to get rid of the debt relatively easy from what he originally said. Hard to take either thing he said seriously for the fact that he just says whatever on whatever day. He doesn't know anything he's talking about. He's too busy talking to learn anything first.

It's easy to get rid of debt when you just have to declare bankruptcy.

Back