• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Trump skips WW I cemetery visit....due to wet weather.

Why’s he talking about Dieppe? That was a famous World War II battle for Canadian troops, not WWI.

Probably the only battle he knows of both World Wars.

Hacks being hacks, as usual.

The fuck does this mean? Are you guys going to just start grunting shit out? I mean, you already engage in pavlovian chants all the time, so it seems a logical progression.
You don’t care why the president missed the event nor that Obama made a vet stand in the rain and hold an umbrella over him on national tv Or that thisiteraly doesn’t matter at all in any way but it gave you a desperate chance to type maga and scream into your pillow at night

Yeah, but what does he say about service, the military, American morals/values and his longtime friends the Clinton's when he needs votes, donations or has a bunch of bitter gullible people at a rally? That's what really matters. Never mind his past, the details of his life or his actions in the real world what does he tell his cult at speeches and before elections? I'm pretty sure he's one of the most pious, god fearing, humble, military service respecting, never attending Clinton parties or functions honest men that ever lived. A hero nay martyr for the Protestant work ethic, family values, service to others, Jesus loving Americans.

I don't think you are understanding that he was on FOREIGN SOIL. He's not in the US and therefore his travel is going to be under extreme scrutiny and he isn't just moving about freely as he chooses. The helicopter was his approved mode of travel for this particular movement of his trip and the weather forecast suggested it wasn't safe to travel. Do you think Trump just tells the pilot to "Sack up and make the trip anyway" ? You know that's not the case and its already been discussed about his secondary mode of travel not being ready on time.

100% manufactured outrage and you know it. Lots of stuff to give Trump shit about but this particular instance is really showing how absurd and petty people are being these days.

You're missing the point.

Here's a question: What if, at that exact moment, there was an imminent terror threat on the president's life and he had to escape asap? Do you think he woulda said, "Well, it's been a good life, but there's no way I can get out of here because it's raining. Tell Ivanka I love her."?

Come on, dude. Where there's a will, there's a way. He didn't have the will. Whether or not the outrage surrounding this is fake doesn't really matter.

You're missing the point.

Here's a question: What if, at that exact moment, there was an imminent terror threat on the president's life and he had to escape asap? Do you think he woulda said, "Well, it's been a good life, but there's no way I can get out of here because it's raining. Tell Ivanka I love her."?

Come on, dude. Where there's a will, there's a way. He didn't have the will. Whether or not the outrage surrounding this is fake doesn't really matter.

You're making up silly what-if scenarios to try and make a point. If that's how you think the world works then that's OK with me. The outrage being fake IS THE POINT and the reality is that nobody really gives a single flying fuck that he missed this particular event.

At the end of the day nobody died, nothing happened, and Trump has still made the rounds of WWI ceremonies honoring the fallen. You can ignore all of that and focus your manufactured rage on this single incident if you desire...it just makes you look silly and part of the hive-mind.

You're making up silly what-if scenarios to try and make a point. If that's how you think the world works then that's OK with me. The outrage being fake IS THE POINT and the reality is that nobody really gives a single flying fuck that he missed this particular event.

At the end of the day nobody died, nothing happened, and Trump has still made the rounds of WWI ceremonies honoring the fallen. You can ignore all of that and focus your manufactured rage on this single incident if you desire...it just makes you look silly and part of the hive-mind.

I'm not outraged about this, lol. This event neither surprises nor bothers me as I've never thought Donald cared about the military nor do I think it's all that important to honor them.

However, you're not seeming to understand what happened here because you're blinded by the fake outrage. The truth is that he had all the resources in the world and couldn't make it to an event. You don't seem understand that the job of the president is to make things happen despite obstacles. Serious obstacles, not just rain. If rain can keep him from his committments, how can we expect him to get anything done?

Stop worrying about what everyone else thinks. Who cares about the fake outrage? It's not affecting anything. Look at the actions of the president and tell me if you find them acceptable. This isn't a partisan issue.

Nobody gives a shit except for orange man bad types

Hahahaha the new buzzword by the right, orange man bad. So you know when we see that we take that as a concession and that you have no real argument so by all means... keep posting it

America was a johnny come lately to ww1 and got rich af off it.

I'm not outraged about this, lol. This event neither surprises nor bothers me as I've never thought Donald cared about the military nor do I think it's all that important to honor them.

However, you're not seeming to understand what happened here because you're blinded by the fake outrage. The truth is that he had all the resources in the world and couldn't make it to an event. You don't seem understand that the job of the president is to make things happen despite obstacles. Serious obstacles, not just rain. If rain can keep him from his committments, how can we expect him to get anything done?

Stop worrying about what everyone else thinks. Who cares about the fake outrage? It's not affecting anything. Look at the actions of the president and tell me if you find them acceptable. This isn't a partisan issue.

FOREIGN SOIL...do you understand that concept? Believe it or not the US President does not have carte blanche on FOREIGN SOIL to just snap his fingers and order up a tank and roll his way to anywhere he wants. You can ignore this reality all you desire but he was on FOREIGN SOIL which means he can't just up and change everything and move parts of the Earth at his will.

According to what I've read he would not have been able to make the ceremony on time once they looked into an alternate mode of travel, so he sent military generals who were better located to make the event on time. Truth be told I'd rather the generals were there than Trump anyways because they've been talking about Belleau Woods for their entire fucking careers...some serious shit went down in those woods that are still taught today to every single US Marine while they're at boot camp.

I'm finished here as I feel like my point has been very clear and concise since my first post. You've made all kinds of scenarios including your buddy not coming to your house and now "life and death" stuff. Those aren't relevant comparisons and you know they aren't relevant, but you still insist on wanting to fault Trump in this particular incident. It seems we are at odds and there's nothing further to discuss.

America was a johnny come lately to ww1 and got rich af off it.

War_Is_a_Racket_%28cover%29.jpg

Gen Butler is basically a demi-god in Marine Corps history and reading this little book he wrote about WWI being a racket is pretty gut wrenching. The way he words certain concepts really gives the reader the impression that his experience in WWI were devastating...as expected but he words things well enough to really "drive home" how atrocious everything about that war was.

FOREIGN SOIL...do you understand that concept? Believe it or not the US President does not have carte blanche on FOREIGN SOIL to just snap his fingers and order up a tank and roll his way to anywhere he wants. You can ignore this reality all you desire but he was on FOREIGN SOIL which means he can't just up and change everything and move parts of the Earth at his will.

According to what I've read he would not have been able to make the ceremony on time once they looked into an alternate mode of travel, so he sent military generals who were better located to make the event on time. Truth be told I'd rather the generals were there than Trump anyways because they've been talking about Belleau Woods for their entire fucking careers...some serious shit went down in those woods that are still taught today to every single US Marine while they're at boot camp.

I'm finished here as I feel like my point has been very clear and concise since my first post. You've made all kinds of scenarios including your buddy not coming to your house and now "life and death" stuff. Those aren't relevant comparisons and you know they aren't relevant, but you still insist on wanting to fault Trump in this particular incident. It seems we are at odds and there's nothing further to discuss.

A president can have a motorcade plan b in place before hand, even in other countries. Shocking I know. It’s not a like the only option he was given was marine 1 or nothing by the French. Either he didn’t care that much or, much less likely, his whole team didn’t make a plan for rain ahead of time. Which is pretty hard to believe.

His focus shouldn’t have been on making it to the ceremony on time for the photo-ops. Just get to the cemetery at some point and pay your respects, all that mattered, but apparently didn’t matter to him.

I personally would have driven there if my helicopter was grounded. The soldiers on the front endured rain, mud, rats, lice, diseases, constant shelling, toxic gas, snipers and machine gun fire.

Fake war, nothing to see /s

We managed to kill Osama on foreign soil. Good thing it wasn't raining, or that man would still be alive today.

You have no idea of the president's travel restrictions on foreign soil. You don't know if he has to clear plans or who he has to clear them with or how long it takes. You're just making excuses.

This type of excuse making wouldn't be allowed in the military and you know it. "When I say jump, you say 'but what if it's raining? I can't jump on foreign soil. Wouldn't it be better if other people jumped, I mean it's more important for them anyway. I can jump, but I'll have to jump a bit late.'"

Lol. If you made excuses like this during your service, you would've been a failure of a solider. It's okay to hold the POTUS to a higher standard than a random recruit.

Whats your evidence for this? The fact that it was a massive part of his platform that he ran on? The increase in military spending? Constantly promoting how great our military is on every form of social media, every day?

And yeah, it IS important to celebrate and appreciate the people who defend your country and the homes of our allies.
Wait u understood that???
He's basically doing what you guys are doing to Trump but about Obama, but saying it in a snide way to showcase the absurdity of it. It really wasn't that cryptic.

Hahahaha the new buzzword by the right, orange man bad. So you know when we see that we take that as a concession and that you have no real argument so by all means... keep posting it
This whole thread is nothing. THere is nothing to refute. It wasn’t a big deal when Obama made a marine hold an umbrella over him in the rain and this is nothing either. Screaming pussies get mad Is normal.

Whats your evidence for this? The fact that it was a massive part of his platform that he ran on? The increase in military spending? Constantly promoting how great our military is on every form of social media, every day?

What's my evidence that Donald doesn't care about the military? I mean, you're kind of making my case for me. The guy is 70 years old and all the evidence you pointed to that he cares about the military is political action over the last 3 years.

I could be wrong, but he always seemed to look down upon the military to me until he decided to run as a Republican.

This whole thread is nothing. THere is nothing to refute. It wasn’t a big deal when Obama made a marine hold an umbrella over him in the rain and this is nothing either. Screaming pussies get mad Is normal.

Haha, it’s simply pointing out the constant Trump hypocrisy. He is the worlds greatest supporter of the military except he likes soldiers that weren’t captured and he loves the military so much he couldn’t be bothered to visit the American military cemetery in Paris because of a little rain.

Face it, he is a tough talking no action fraud. Comparing Obama asking for an umbrella with Trump skipping the ceremony are hardly comparable. It’s just ol Donny bone spurs was afraid he would look like a jackass in the rain with that ridiculous hair.

What's my evidence that Donald doesn't care about the military? I mean, you're kind of making my case for me. The guy is 70 years old and all the evidence you pointed to that he cares about the military is political action over the last 3 years.

I could be wrong, but he always seemed to look down upon the military to me until he decided to run as a Republican.

Trump tweets about loving the military yet can’t visit the American military cementary in France and likes soldiers that weren’t captured. But he tweets about loving the military so he must just love the military lol

Actions speak louder than words, as always.

In and of itself. It's a non story. But this is a President who constantly brings up the military and our troops when he's looking for political points.

He just spent multiple weeks criticizing football players for their disrespect to the troops. And then when it comes time to actually endure a little discomfort, he can't stand for them either.

You don’t care why the president missed the event nor that Obama made a vet stand in the rain and hold an umbrella over him on national tv Or that thisiteraly doesn’t matter at all in any way but it gave you a desperate chance to type maga and scream into your pillow at night

You accuse me of hysterics while screaming an entire paragraph absent punctuation. You might as well have gone all caps with the typical Trumper apathy. That is all you guys have to offer in the face of anything this administration perpetrates. No matter how bad he makes us look on the international stage, no matter how many perfunctory, easy tasks he fails spectacularly at, it never matters.

You guys went from "What have you got to lose?!" To "Who Cares" in less than 2 years. Something tells me this political revolution is not to durable.

Back