Trump silenced them 25 years ago -- now they're coming out swinging

Outlast your opponents, for 25 years?

Yes. This is actually quite a common thing to happen to fledgling journalists, filmmakers and authors. It happens to massive, well-connected media sources, never mind the little fishes.

This could have been on Youtube 10 years ago. Journalists could have looked into the facts of the situation 25 years ago, and any year since then.

Them putting it on youtube could have (and probably would have) resulted in another lawsuit. I'm not sure what your point is. Do you understand why they suppressed it in the first place?

And, yes, many journalists could have (and probably did) look into it since then. It wouldn't surprise me if they were sued as well.

Anyway, it seems like the media is so desperate to make anything stick to Trump, they're throwing about everything they can see at him.

Naw, the media isn't out to get Trump. They're out to make a spectacle of him because he's big numbers. That's probably why the filmmakers have finally got some backing if Trump decides to sue them again.

The only people in politics unhappy with Trump is the GOP.

Trumps running such a good anti-establishment campaign this stupid obvious attack movie will end up helping him.

This is not the way to go after him.

Trumps running such a good anti-establishment campaign this stupid obvious attack movie will end up helping him.

No one's trying to go after him, imo. Well, maybe the filmmakers hate him now, but with good reason.

These filmmaker's did an expose and it was suppressed through lawsuits. This should bother anyone who supports journalistic integrity, freedom of speech and speaking truth to power. They've found a political environment that will support them releasing the film and are finally putting their work (and their investigation) on display.

As someone who works in the film industry I can say that I don't know how their careers suffered as a result of Trump, but it could have been a massive setback for them or even totally ruinous.

I haven't seen their movie yet, but it's free on their website and if it turns out be complete bullshit and some shit investigation like Gawker might do then I guess I'll come back here and retract some of my support for them. But right now it sounds like a solid piece of journalism that was unjustly squashed, which I have a problem with on principle.

Anyway, it seems like the media is so desperate to make anything stick to Trump, they're throwing about everything they can see at him.

You're the second Republican poster here to suggest that there's some kind of media conspiracy against him. Weird.

Yeesh. I thought the other one was crazy...

Christ if he somehow manages to get to be the republican candidate for presidency...well it's been 8 years of democratic rule, and these things usually flip flop back and forth.

America is tired of democratic leadership so this shit is going red...and hell if Arnold and Jesse the Body can become mayors and governors...

holy fuck Earth is doomed.

You're the second Republican poster here to suggest that there's some kind of media conspiracy against him. Weird.

The funny thing is, I don't think there's a conspiracy against him.

We Republicans are totally against the liberal leanings of the mainstream media. We've seen constant attacks against Trump in the last month. Constant. That means to us that the media fears a Trump nomination. They weren't attacking any other announced candidate, in fact they mostly ignore them.

Trump is getting the opposite treatment of McCain or Romney before their nominations. The media praised them as being 'the only Republican that can win the general election' and whatever else.

If the media was praising Trump, believe me, his poll numbers wouldn't be even close to where they are now.

We Republicans are totally against the liberal leanings of the mainstream media. We've seen constant attacks against Trump in the last month. Constant. That means to us that the media fears a Trump nomination. They weren't attacking any other announced candidate, in fact they mostly ignore them.

Trump is getting the opposite treatment of McCain or Romney before their nominations. The media praised them as being 'the only Republican that can win the general election' and whatever else.

If the media was praising Trump, believe me, his poll numbers wouldn't be even close to where they are now.

Why do you think the Liberals fear a Trump nomination? All the articles I've been reading talk about how ecstatic lefties are at Trump fucking up the Republicans. I've read article after article at how the GOP are trying to prevent Trump from harming them. Just today I read an article about how happy Jeb's people are because Trump is squeezing out the oxygen from any other Republicans who might pose a threat to him.

Are you basing your opinion on anything other than Trump's coverage?

Why do you think the Liberals fear a Trump nomination? All the articles I've been reading talk about how ecstatic lefties are at Trump fucking up the Republicans. I've read article after article at how the GOP are trying to prevent Trump from harming them. Just today I read an article about how happy Jeb's people are because Trump is squeezing out the oxygen from any other Republicans who might pose a threat to him.

Are you basing your opinion on anything other than Trump's coverage?

I'm quite sure the GOP establishment is quite fearful of Trump. But not of what would happen to their brand, that's the least of their concerns.

Yes, I'm sure Jeb is very happy someone is beating him in the polls.

Seriously though. Jeb doesn't know what to do with Trump. Trump can bash him, but he can't bash him back for fear of elivating and legitimizing Trump. The quote from Jeb's people is simple PR.

I'm quite sure the GOP establishment is quite fearful of Trump. But not of what would happen to their brand, that's the least of their concerns.

Yes, I'm sure Jeb is very happy someone is beating him in the polls.

Seriously though. Jeb doesn't know what to do with Trump. Trump can bash him, but he can't bash him back for fear of elivating and legitimizing Trump. The quote from Jeb's people is simple PR.

Okay, I guess we're on the same page. We'll just have to disagree about the liberals being against Trump.

They were attacking Clinton, no? I don't think I've seen a candidate as hated by the big media as Clinton is. I get the sense that Trump is somewhat liked by the media.

They were attacking Clinton, no? I don't think I've seen a candidate as hated by the big media as Clinton is. I get the sense that Trump is somewhat liked by the media.

Hillary is hated and Trump is liked.... ok.

When it comes to erasing Emails and Text Messages, who do you think was attacked more in the media, and the other given the benefit of the doubt.... Hillary Clinton or Tom Brady.

And this is the first I've heard anyone suggest that Trump is liked by the media.

But I'll tell you one thing, conservative media is very split by him. Fox News hosts are anywhere from loving him to considering him a joke. It's the same thing about talk radio, Michael Savage considers Trump to be the next Winston Churchill. Glenn Beck has banned him from his show. Rush Limbaugh is covering him pretty objectively, while praising his tactics of not backing down to the media.

When it comes to erasing Emails and Text Messages, who do you think was attacked more in the media, and the other given the benefit of the doubt.... Hillary Clinton or Tom Brady.

To be fair, Hillary has been attacked for her emails far more than Jeb Bush, who may have his own email problem. I've only read one outlet covering the mysterious absence of any of Jeb's e-mails covering Terry Schiavo, Elian Gonzalez, the voter purges, the 2000 recount and his alleged mistress who he appointed then removed after massive ethical breaches and whatever else happened on his watch. Like Clinton, he used personal email addresses instead of government accounts and took seven years handing over his emails, with a significant portion of them missing.

And this is the first I've heard anyone suggest that Trump is liked by the media.

'Liked' might be misleading. More like 'grateful' for taking an already unpredictable political climate and kicking that bitch through the goalposts. I've read so many reporters talk about how happy they are that Trump is running and John Stewart has gone on long tirades thanking God for having Trump announce his candidacy before Stewart left The Daily Show.

I actually don't know any Liberal who would want him out of the race except for maybe a stuffed shirt who thinks Trump is lowering the tone of a serious political process. But that's purely hypothetical as I haven't actually encountered any Liberal in the media with that opinion. If you could link me to some I would eagerly read them.

But I'll tell you one thing, conservative media is very split by him. Fox News hosts are anywhere from loving him to considering him a joke. It's the same thing about talk radio, Michael Savage considers Trump to be the next Winston Churchill. Glenn Beck has banned him from his show. Rush Limbaugh is covering him pretty objectively, while praising his tactics of not backing down to the media.

This is an exciting time to follow American politics.

I know nothing about Tom Brady's coverage, but shit, the NY Times recently had a major scandal with inaccurate negative reporting on Clinton, and they amazingly chose to protect the source that they said was giving them the false info, and while they were forced to issue two corrections, Baquet defended them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...-times-ever-finish-cleaning-up-clinton-story/

And that's really just the latest example of the elite media demonstrating unusually low standards when doing negative coverage of Clinton.

I know you buy into the ridiculous "liberal media" myth so you're not going to be open to this, but the fact is that the media don't really give a shit about ideology. They hate Clinton because she hates them and make covering her difficult. They loved McCain because he was always accessible and was a charmer with them. They like Trump because he says crazy things that get people talking. The media cares about the media. A lot of very highly placed media types are like WRers in thinking that they're above the fray and holding "both parties are the same" as an almost religious belief.

lol I hope Trump wins just to see all you guys lose your minds

To be fair, Trump hasn't really been taken seriously (in the grand scheme of things) until his recent political ambitions and comments.

And say what you want about "the media", but one of the reasons Trump is doing so well is because they are talking about him 24/7. He takes up more time than the rest of the GOP candidates, AND Hillary. He's willing to do interviews, even though he says some crazy stuff, and that certain base eats it up. He's "entertainment" and it's a spectacle, and the media loves them ratings. So if anything, the media has been a plus for him, not a determent.

This is how I thought everyone saw it. Are there people really thinking that he can win?

This is how I thought everyone saw it. Are there people really thinking that he can win?

Sadly, I've spoken to people who with 100% seriousness said they would vote for him.

lol I hope Trump wins just to see all you guys lose your minds

To be fair, I think all of us on the left would think it was hilarious if he won the primary. We'd be popping champagne as soon as we found time between abortions.

To be fair, I think all of us on the left would think it was hilarious if he won the primary. We'd be popping champagne as soon as we found time between abortions.

Yep, that would give us a big margin of victory and probably give us the House and the Senate so we can finally legalize sex with children and put all white people, men, and straights in concentration camps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back