Elections Trump reportedly "discussing contingency plans to bypass election results."

SCOTUS rules on faithless electors so I don’t see this happening. Also, it doesn’t seem like a wise decision for a majority legislator to overturn their states popular vote just to get Trump in office for another term.
I really want to believe this but I don’t think “wise” is a factor in play here. The whole party is rotten to the core and I fully expect they’ll do anything to hold power. I wouldn’t rule out a coup at all.

Just put Biden & Trumps name in hat and let members of supreme pick 2 out of 3 times voila you gotta winner.

tenor.gif

I think you're confused (the Atlantic is not Newsweek). The Atlantic is as credible as it gets, and you're just blindly dismissing it because you've been told to because they're reporting stuff Republicans don't want you to believe. This kind of childlike gullibility of rightists is a huge problem for our country.

Was Trump golfing or visiting troops in the ME on Thanksgiving?

Did John Bolton (who has no love loss for Trump) and military commanders say the "suckers story" was bogus?

Hey but they're credible - you leftist believe everything written that's bad about Trump (racist, Russian asset, fascist, nazi) and that kind of gullibility is bad for our country.

I'm not saying this is Russian disinformation, but an allegation that the president might not accept the election results is the exact kind of disinformation Russia would be spreading.
The Atlantic is a reputable magazine, its not The Blaze. Are you suggesting that the Russians fed them a fake source that they couldn't validate was actually in the Trump circle?

I'm all for considering that this is a Russian disinfo campaign, but you need some logical hints towards that suspicion. This seems legit to me.

LOL at this fear mongering that Trump won't accept election results and will reject democracy. This is becoming the new Liberal conspiracy theory. Makes you guys look pathetic.
You say that like it’s never happened before. Human history is filled with leaders doing just what you described so they can stay in power.

Right-wing talking heads already setting the stage.

Lol. Suddenly several battleground are changing their vote counting rules at the last second, and no one is supposed to notice? Also, you are complaining about Republican's "setting the stage" by complaining about cheating--in a thread that is accusing Trump of trying to cheat...

Lol. Suddenly several battleground are changing their vote counting rules at the last second, and no one is supposed to notice? Also, you are complaining about Republican's "setting the stage" by complaining about cheating--in a thread that is accusing Trump of trying to cheat...

States that are preparing for an unprecedented amount of mail in voters are making it to so more ballots will be counted and you think that's cheating? lol

That's the difference between the 2 parties in a nutshell. The Dems want to expand democracy and the GOP wants to to stifle it.

The Atlantic is a reputable magazine, its not The Blaze. Are you suggesting that the Russians fed them a fake source that they couldn't validate was actually in the Trump circle?

I'm all for considering that this is a Russian disinfo campaign, but you need some logical hints towards that suspicion. This seems legit to me.
Trump said he would be willing to contest the results of the election to the Supreme Court. You know -- sort of like exactly what happened in Bush v Gore, and which Trump would be legally entitled to do. What would be a problem is if Trump refused to step down after a SCOTUS ruling.

Please find the quote where Trump says he will disobey the SCOTUS. Until then this is all fantasy.

I would be lying if I said I was not nervous about a lot of this.

But right now, all I can do is vote for my guy, and try to get some other folks out to do that as well. So that's what I'm doing.

One thing I take comfort in is the fact that roughly 63 million people voted for Trump last time. Included in that number are many, many millions of rational people that respect democracy and loathe voter suppression. I feel if Trump continues spewing his 'it's rigged' rhetoric and combative language about stepping down if he loses all the way to the election, it's going to cost him a LOT of voters.

A little test run in 2018

Yep. The chance to get rid of him was in January and they didnt. They will back him as will state legislatures
Right-wing talking heads already setting the stage.

"He should refuse to leave because he was elected on election night. Go with election night!!"

Hannity, Tucker and Ingraham etc will be saying that soon

What is there to spin? Scoreboard, Trump won, dumbass. And it'll happen again. Avatar bet me, pussy.

LOL, if you don't get banned from the forum by election day, I don't think you'll be showing a lot of yourself if Trump loses.

One silver lining about the far left emerging is that gun politics has finally taken a rest, if anything, pro-gun views have won the culture war. Just look at legislation in recent years, 2A rights have increased and it isn’t discussed much. Although this is all capable of flipping yet again with a mass shooting.

Biden promised an assault weapons ban and reiterated that just last month.

Trump said he would be willing to contest the results of the election to the Supreme Court. You know -- sort of like exactly what happened in Bush v Gore, and which Trump would be legally entitled to do. What would be a problem is if Trump refused to step down after a SCOTUS ruling.

Please find the quote where Trump says he will disobey the SCOTUS. Until then this is all fantasy.
I'm just responding to your suggestion that this might be Russian disinfo. On what basis?

It’s encouraging to see so many people on here who support Trump stopping short of agreeing with him here. I think that will change as we get closer to Election Day and it becomes more clear if he will win or lose. Assuming everyone votes on or before November 3, their votes should be collected and counted as efficiently as possible, to give the American people a clear outcome here. Mail in ballots are just as important as those completed in person, so some plans should be made to accommodate quick and accurate counting.

The country will be harmed by a petty battle to undo the will of the people. The States can avoid this and take it fully out of the hands of the candidates, and I trust they will. This is just Trump keeping his name in the news for something other than a clear fuck-up, so it’s good campaigning.

what the fuck is this guy talking about? if he loses he's leaving. if this guy stopped making Dictator statements things would be a lot better socially in this country.

It’s encouraging to see so many people on here who support Trump stopping short of agreeing with him here. I think that will change as we get closer to Election Day and it becomes more clear if he will win or lose. Assuming everyone votes on or before November 3, their votes should be collected and counted as efficiently as possible, to give the American people a clear outcome here. Mail in ballots are just as important as those completed in person, so some plans should be made to accommodate quick and accurate counting.

The country will be harmed by a petty battle to undo the will of the people. The States can avoid this and take it fully out of the hands of the candidates, and I trust they will. This is just Trump keeping his name in the news for something other than a clear fuck-up, so it’s good campaigning.

It will change. The seeds have been planted and War Roomers of both parties are far more involved and probably open to critique than the masses of the voting public. Mark Levin is already saying the ballots wont be valid coming in and so has I recall Roger Stone. Tucker Carlson has also questioned the process of it.

Last edited:
I'm not saying this is Russian disinformation, but an allegation that the president might not accept the election results is the exact kind of disinformation Russia would be spreading.
what are you talking about? The President said this.

I'm just responding to your suggestion that this might be Russian disinfo. On what basis?
I'm not saying it is Russian disinformation. I am saying if Russia wanted to interfere, this is how they would do it. Russia's probably sitting back laughing that the useful idiots at CNN are doing their work for them.

what are you talking about? The President said this.
I genuinely can't tell if you're trolling. Trump said he might take the election results to the Supreme Court: https://www.npr.org/2020/09/23/9162...t-election-results-to-end-up-at-supreme-court

""I think this [the election] will end up in the Supreme Court, and I think it's very important that we have nine justices," Trump said, defending his decision to seek the appointment of a new Supreme Court justice in the short time before the Nov. 3 election."

"I think it's better if you go before the election, because I think this scam that the Democrats are pulling — it's a scam — the scam will be before the United States Supreme Court," Trump said.

There is nothing inherently inappropriate about him saying this. If he were saying he would disobey the SCOTUS, that's very different. But he's literally just saying he will let the SCOTUS decide.

Back