Trump proposes solar paneled border wall

umm-yeaat-this-point-if-president-trump-cured-cancer-are-13491708.png

Correct, this solar border wall idea is akin to curing cancer. It's literally the same.

This sounds like a solution a 5 year old came up with before the nearest adult explained why it wouldn't work. Of course Trump felaters love it.

Solar isn't practical enough yet and when the left challenges that fact expect Trump to bring up why Coal is still needed over impractical green solutions. Ye old bait and switch!

giphy.gif

I'll start when you do.

OK this idea is fooking stupid. There are so many hoops to jump through and budgets and logistical shit.

It is a enormous money pit that will not be practical and will cost billions, if not a trillion.

It's stupid. It is bait for fucks like you to grab on to. Grab your dick bro. It's cheaper.

It's like the left compromising on abortion by saying " ok no more abortions but we'll use tax dollars to pay trans and gay couples to raise unwanted babies"

I could see potential downside in that compromise (on both ends).

What downside does a solar-powered border wall have for... Anyone?

Hypocritical foreign nationalists aside

And mexico may purchase electrical output to help fund the wall

it would be nice to have small sections up in the high traffic areas just to get the legislation through.

but the whole wall probably wouldnt be a good idea. solar simply isnt that profitable, some analysts are saying it would take 125 years to recoup costs, and you know they are going to get dusty/ degrade overtime/ and be damaged by graffiti or vandalism which would make it economically infeasible imo.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

I gotta say, this is a pretty damn good idea

the only potential issue is cost, but it's gonna give something back, unlike useless blocks of concrete

Interesting idea but more research in the merits of the energy generation. This layout has to have issue addressed like energy transmission over the distance of the wall and efficiency of the energy produced.

Yes but there may be even better ways to use the wall to produce energy. That would be lower cost and produce more electricity.

These could even be built into the wall to create more energy at a lower cost per mile then solar panels due to the positioning of the sun over different times of the day.

These solutions could reduce or effectively eliminate the issues of suns position during the day.

The other is still cost even if the system was producing on the high side 400 million a year in energy generation it still would take about 100 years to pay for the wall. This in a perfect situation where the sun position does not effect solar efficiency.

Still for this Countries position in the world the Wall would send the wrong message and a virtual boarder wall with sensors and drones could be more cost effective and less politically damaging.

If this wall is going to be effective, it has to be expensive. That's the problem. It needs to go deep underground and have seismic sensors, drone surveillance, and ground patrols. The solar panel is an excellent idea, but the architecture will be very ineffective I think.

Whats the problem with selling solar energy to mexico?

If the price is right, nothing.

We already buy a shitload of gas from you guys.

Solar isn't practical enough yet and when the left challenges that fact expect Trump to bring up why Coal is still needed over impractical green solutions. Ye old bait and switch!

giphy.gif

Solar is quite viable.

Holy shit just clicked on the link, its not a joke?

Trump misdirected the left into hating on solar panel tech rather than the wall itself, lol. Talk about win/win. You guys make it so easy.

It needs ti be built with tesla roof panels.

MAGA troll!

Trump misdirected the left into hating on solar panel tech rather than the wall itself, lol. Talk about win/win. You guys make it so easy.

If you were talking in my crowd we would bounce you. On your ass with my foot.

Back